Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-19-23, 08:44 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workout was

Be Healthy Enough - Standing Pilates - 30 minutes

I decided to sign back up for Amy's site. I've been bored and restless and wanted to do something different without hurting myself. Amy seemed like a safe bet. This workout was a standing pilates/semi-barre/balance workout. It wasn't too hard, but I could tell I was working and even worked up a light sweat.

We had a horrible thing happen here in town yesterday. A little fifth grader over at one of the public schools - actually it's probably considered to be the best of our public schools - was accidentally given something with milk or milk products in it and she died. She had an epipen at school but it was locked up in the nurse's office and no one could find the key. The nurse was either off that day or was at a neighboring school as multiple schools here share a nurse. The ambulance/fire truck got caught in traffic (road construction). By the time her mom and grandmother got to the school she was unresponsive; grandmother tried CRP but it was to no avail. Of course the school is being very hush hush about it and nothing will happen since the schools all have sovereign immunity. Shades of Uvalde. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-23, 10:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm on Day # 3 of my Karen Voight kick and I'm enjoying re-visiting these videos.

Today was:

KV - Core Essentials (which I think is now called Core Fusion). I think this one is pre-2000 it may be from the late 1990's. I didn't think to check. It starts with some body weight squats and lunges and then goes on to a tough floorwork segment for lower body, upper body, and abs. Karen looks fantastic in this one and I think if her website doesn't lie she still looks fantastic at 67-68 years old. Anyway, this one was tougher than I expected. Back in the day, I probably thought it was for a "light day" but today I was feeling it.

I added on some cardio afterwards, I was going to pick something quick from You Tube -but as I was putting KV away I stumbled across...

Stephanie Huckabee - PowerFit Express - I did the cardio routine, It wasn't very hard - but it got me some extra movement. I feel that w/ all the sitting I do I have to try to get a little cardio in every day.

I hope to walk the dog later and maybe do some CS.

Last night I did CS 1210 which was Day # 1 of the 50's challenge. I'll see how it goes with keeping up with that.

Good job, Carol. I do like Amy - I just seem to have trouble sticking to it (or anything, honestly - although my DVD collection has been calling to me - maybe it is time to focus on that for a bit). That is such a tragic story about the student. Can't they still be sued even with sovereign immunity - would it just limit the amount that could be awarded?

Ugh.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-23, 07:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Be Healthy Enough - 30 Minute Full Body Strength with Light Weights - 30 minutes

This is a new workout filmed outside at a hotel in San Diego. The setting - among the plants and all the greenery - was very nice. The workout wasn't bad - it was an endurance workout - I used 3lb dumbbells and I'm sure I will be sore tomorrow.

Donna - No, in Texas the government and subdivisions of the government (schools, cities, counties, police, hospital districts, etc.) generally can't be sued at all.

Carol
Old 01-21-23, 06:41 AM  
buffmama

If anyone would be interested in a free pilates class via zoom with me as part of my teachers training send me a PM and we can schedule it. Since it would be a private class if there is something you'd like to work on (or avoid!) that can be accommodated.
Old 01-22-23, 02:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - 25 Minute Pilates Basics Routine

This is a fairly basic beginners routine. It looks like I'll be sticking with Amy's plan for the week - split weight workouts, some cardio and there's a pilates routine on Wednesday.

Thanks Buffmama for the offer. I am terribly camera shy so I'm going to pass on your generous offer.

Carol
Old 01-22-23, 03:19 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up on my workout report....

Saturday:

- Essentrics - Day # 3 workout for the 50's challenge (this was leg activation with Amanda). I actually split this into two sessions. I did the standing portion as a warm-up to my weight workout and then later in the day I did the floor work.

- KV - Strength Section from Half & Half - I have this on two separate DVDs - I never did get the Half & Half DVD - but the two parts of the workout were sold separately, I think, at Ross back in the day when Ross was a goldmine for DVDs. Anyway, it was an enjoyable weight routine, but one that is hard for me to figure out the best weight to use - 5's were a bit too light but I think 8's would have been too much. I don't have anything in between.

I didn't get a walk in yesterday, just a damp day.

Sunday -

Not in a workout mood but I did manage:

Ellen - Yoga Pump

I'm not sure what the week ahead holds..I think I will figure it out tomorrow. I have enjoyed re-visiting KV and the DVD collection, but then I'm thinking about my streaming subscriptions and using them! Decisions, decisions.

Thank you buffmama, but like, Carol, I'm also camera shy. I cringe when I need to turn my camera on for work. Fortunately, in my department most of us feel the same way and we keep our cameras off.

Carol - good workout!! I was thinking about Jessica for this coming week.
That is also interesting about TX. In MD the gov't can be sued but you are limited to what you can collect and also you have to give notice of your intent to sue. Very sad situation about that little girl. Around here, the school would definitely be sued.

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday. I don't feel like doing much today - the weather is dreary...

Take care,

Donna
Old 01-23-23, 08:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The weekend flew by as usual....

Today, so far:

CS 1305 (I think anyway - it was Day # 4 of the 50's challenge) Standing only

Jessica Valent - 40 Min Barre Pilates Workout

I hope everyone is off to a good start today!

Donna
Old 01-23-23, 08:01 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Treadmill - 25 minutes
Be Healthy Enough - Lower Body Burn in Arrowhead - 30 minutes

This was a bodyweight only workout filmed at a campsite in California. It was typical Amy style, but it was challenging in terms of balance. I will probably be sore tomorrow.

Donna - Nice job Donna! I thought about doing Jessica's barre workout, but opted for something different.

Carol
Old 01-24-23, 09:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my dog. It was very damp and chilly.

I did a stretch last night after work, too.

Today, was a blast from the past -

Jane Fonda - Step Aerobics & Abs (I didn't do the abs section). What a hoot. I had this on VHS tape at one point in my vidiot career. Laurel, Jeannie and Mark lead the step aerobics section and Jane leads the abs. The outfits, OMG! But it was fairly decent workout - not too hard to follow, no high impact or drills or anything else like that.

One of my goals is to improve my cardio capacity and I think adding one step workout a week will help. Even using the step a little bit increases the intensity and makes me work harder.

I finished up with a Yoga from Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Yoga stretch I think she released this one last week.

Carol -nice job on the TM!! My DH has been using the TM a bit. I should really get on that recumbent bike for some cardio.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-24-23, 10:28 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Be Healthy Enough - Upper Body Pyramid - 35 minutes

This was an interesting workout. Amy did a series of probably 7 or 8 exercises, 3 rounds through. The first time you did every exercise for 50 seconds, which was a long time. The second time you did each one for 40 seconds and the third time you did each one for 30 seconds. I tried to increase my weights as we moved to rounds 2 and 3. Sometimes I could and sometimes I couldn't. Amy was, well, Amy.

We had a snow day today - all the schools called it at about 6 AM, maybe a bit earlier, and then the snow stopped. Roads were completely clear. It was a hoot! I bet the public schools were mad as a hornet because they cancelled school...

Carol

Tags
pilates, wall pilates