Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-08-23, 10:14 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post

Dana, do you think the build workouts are too intense, or you're just tired from lack of sleep? The trifecta workout sounds fun by the title. (I just realized there's "fun" in the title, lol)
Hi Christine! No, I don't think BUILD workouts are too intense for me. I just haven't been able to get any quality sleep lately. No reason. I've never been a great sleeper, but lately it's been worse than ever. I usually have chamomile tea before bed time and can fall asleep, but I can't stay asleep. I wake up after couple of hours and stay awake for hours. Oliver of course doesn't mind because he has company.

Trifecta workout does have "fun" in the title, but it wasn't as much fun to me as some of the others. It was OK and it did the job.

I'm going to have to try some of Lauren's Abs/Butt workouts.
Old 06-08-23, 10:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...in spite of not-so-great air quality DD and I walked last night. It is nice to be out walking w/ her again - once she starts her summer camp job she will not want to walk as much since she'll be outside and active all day. So, taking advantage of these walks as much as I can now. It is hard to motivate myself to go by myself - I can listen to music or a podcast, but I peter out at 30 minutes - if I walk w/ someone I can go longer. My doggie likes to walk but I keep it short and slow with her now that she is older.

Speaking of dogs, I did call the shelter and rescind my application. I am glad I did. My Golden got groomed yesterday and I can tell it was hard on her - she was stressed out and a little sore from standing so long. So I think changing up her home life at this point would be stressful to her. Plus while DD and I were walking I saw someone leash training their young dog - I did that w/ my Golden and it does take time - and it would mean less time w/ my older dog to do that. But it would also not be fair to the other dog to neglect her training. So, I think either no dog or an older/"turn-key" dog. I think a 1 year old with training needs would be too much for her and for me to balance taking care of both of them.

On a more mundane note -- today's workouts:

Senior Shape - Dance Boxing - this was fun - dancey kickboxing. It wasn't the hardest cardio workout I ever did but it was fun.

Senior Shape - 12 Minute Single Dumbbell strength training - this followed in the playlist and seemed like a good finisher to the cardio workout.

I do love Lauren's workouts.

I may squeeze in Improved Health's workout later today.

Not sure about walking - our air quality is poor from the fires. Not as bad as some places, but it is very hazy.

Dana - I also often have trouble sleeping. So frustrating. I was looking at that workout from Beth today - I may try to get it in on the weekend. I can tell I have been neglecting my Pilates.....

Christine - Yes, I think I'm feeling a little stress from worrying about my DD. She does seem ok though - so that is good. She even went out to lunch yesterday with someone she met at her job training. This is a huge thing for her - she went through HS with a lot of social anxiety so going out to lunch with someone she just met is a big step. I think DH and I were worried that the break up would send her back to where she was in HS which was not good at all.

Carol - I like the sound of the Improved Health workout you did! So many good things on You Tube. I'm really questioning whether I really needed to sign up for Jessica's AAP. I don't have a burning desire to do Build right now and I'm happy mixing up Senior Shape and Improved Health and others.... At some point i guess I'll get over to Build...

Take care!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 06:30 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workout was just an

Outdoor Walk - 30+ minutes

Our air quality has actually been wonderful because we've had so much rain to wash all the dirt/dust out of the air. Everything is so, so, green. I'm going to miss it (the rain) once it stops for good, which it will. Last night we had another 2 inches in 30 minutes. Lots of street flooding - some apartments flooded and they had to do a lot of water rescues during the night. Water was still over the road in one place on my way to work, but I managed to get through it okay.

We had a good day at work - the new Head of School was in the building and I think the group that was working on scheduling enjoyed having her input. Our TikTok star was a no show for her unemployment telephone appeal. Hopefully that's the last we will see of her.

In her appeal she had made a big deal out of the fact that the original fact finder had not seen or heard the TikTok video and intimated that we made the whole thing up as an excuse for firing her. I had sent the hearing officer (and the ex employee) a letter saying we didn't plan to introduce any additional documents, but we did intend to play the video at the hearing. I don't know if that discouraged her from showing up, or she just forgot it or was simply late. Either is a real possibility. I counted up 18 absences from August through February and she had at least 20 tardies from January through March. How on earth did she expect to be able to keep a job with that kind of record??? We gave her way too many chances to clean up her act.

Donna - Gosh, you have got me wanting to do some Senior Shape workouts! There are a lot of good things on YouTube. CoVid did us a favor by pushing all these instructors to move to YouTube. Probably the only decent thing to come out of it.

Christine - Ditto for you on Senior Shape!

Dana - Hope you can get some better sleep! That is so debilitating.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-23, 09:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think our air quality is improving as well - it was never as bad here as in NY/NJ, etc. But there was a definite haze and slight smokey smell.

I didn't get any add ons done yesterday, after work I just relaxed, read and listened to some podcasts - Jessica Valant talked about a health scare she had -which resulted in her having a brain MRI. Fortunately, her MRI was clear but during the podcast she was talking about her struggles to get the MRI read by her doctor and getting the results of it. All I can say is the medical system is in such disarray. From what I understood her results were sent to the wrong doctor in the practice, they didn't get read, then her dr was on vacation so they were not going to give her the results until after the Memorial Day weekend. Can you imagine knowing that results were sitting there and that someone could tell you what they said but wouldn't? She talked about advocating for herself and finally getting the results. But how awful - first if there was something to be concerned about you are wasting precious time and second if there was nothing to be concerned about how cruel to expect someone to just wait patiently for results - don't they realize the psychological impact that waiting has on people? Unfortunately, I have experienced the same types of things in medicine as well. I know these places are short staffed and such but just awful about how the patients are treated.

Anyway - that is my ramble for today.

Today's workout was:

Trifecta Pilates - Fun Fusion which was a nice mixed class. Some standing, some on the floor - you had the option to use a Pilates ring if you had one. I felt like I got some nice mobility and strengthening work done. I also liked that the pace was sane - so you had time to focus on what you were doing.

I have to bring my car in - the tire is low/losing air - I suspect that we got a nail in there from the roof work. I hope they can repair it and that new tires will not be necessary. I'm doing that on my lunch hour today - so I hope it is quick.

Carol - It is funny that we are reversed in our weather lately. We have had very little rain here and usually the spring/early summer is our "rainy" season then it is dry in July/August and starts raining again in the fall. This year I don't think we had much in the way of rain all spring. I remember some years where it would just be endless cloudy days in April and into May.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 06-09-23, 09:43 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Just a 30 minute walk and yard work for me today. I was tired for some reason.

The rain has stopped, although there are still lots of places in town that are having major problems, including a neighborhood not a mile from work. It's hard to get from here to there in that part of town, and it will be weeks before things improve for those poor folks. Who would expect flooding in the high desert?

I've got to work some in the morning to get some reimbursement requests turned in on a federal CoVid program. After that, I'm off for a week.

Donna - I saw that podcast of Jessica's but hadn't listened to it yet. I wondered what had happened to her. What a horrible experience! If you don't advocate for yourself, something like that can happen. It wasn't that long ago that the nurse practitioner told me I had that horrible lung disease without even bothering to look at my CAT scan. Yesh!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-23, 07:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We had some rain yesterday and it seems to have cleared the air and today is a very nice day!

Today's workouts so far:

- Improved Health - Saxy Workout - I was in the mood for one of Jules' workouts but the Interval Series is very repetitive in terms of the music used so I picked this one which had saxophone music.

- Improved Health - 25 Day Strength Program - Day 5 - this was upper body plus a 30 second plank

- Jessica Valant - Beginner Hip Mobility - I really need to keep up with the hip mobiliy/stretching stuff.

Carol - nice job on your walk! And glad you are off for a week!

Hope everyone has a nice day!!

Donna
Old 06-10-23, 10:19 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Moving for Beauty - 30min
Trifecta Strong 6.
I did 30 of total 40min workout. I liked it quite a bit, but the last 10 min was the bonus repeat round and by that point, I've had enough.

Still have problems sleeping, but I just have to work through it.

Another sunny and hot day here. We haven't seen any real rain since mid-May and we need it. Just relentless sunshine.

DH and I are going to visit some of our antique stores around us. I'm not looking for anything particular, but you never know what you find if you don't look, right?

Last week I mentioned to my DH that ever since I was in my 20's, I've always wanted Chanel quilted black handbag. At that time, and I'm talking decades ago, the bag I wanted cost $600 and I couldn't afford it. So, this morning my DH wanting to surprise me, started looking online for one, and when he saw the prices, even for used ones, he almost fainted. LOL! I didn't know he was going to do that otherwise I would have told him to save him a shock. Nowadays, that I'm older and wiser, I would NEVER pay that kind of money for a handbag. I guess this prompted me to visit our antique/vintage stores and see what they have. Just for fun.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-10-23, 02:02 PM  
donnamp

Dana - Moving for Beauty is a favorite of mine! I am aiming to do 3 Trifecta Pilates workouts a week. I did enjoy the workout I did yesterday - the Fun Fusion and the last "round" as a bonus, so it would be easy to skip it to make the workout shorter. I may add on a short one today - I can tell I have been neglecting Pilates.

Donna
Old 06-10-23, 04:21 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone!

I've been walking for 30 minutes yesterday and today (twice yesterday, once in the morning by myself and once at night with DH). It's been a busy weekend.

Dana, that's so sweet of your DH! I hope you had fun at the antique shops!

Waves Carol & Donna!

Sorry for the fly by today.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-23, 06:02 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We had friends over for dinner last night so it was a later night than we are used to - so dragging a bit today.

I did:

Jessica Valant - 1-2-3 Pilates. This was a nice routine - the title is based on her providing different levels for each exercise - sometimes even more than 3 options! I find that Jessica teaches most of her classes in this manner - showing a base move and then options to add on. This was a 40 min routine and I enjoyed it.

I didn't get anything else in - although I am contemplating some stretching, but will probably just opt to relax on the couch and go to bed early tonight.

I'm not sure what I'm doing this coming week - more Improved Health? Something else? I guess I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Donna

Tags
pilates, wall pilates