Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-09-23, 10:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to work today....ugh.

So far today I accomplished:

Body Groove - January 9th daily workout - this one was on the more mellow side but still a good one to get up and get moving.

Beth/Trifecta Pilates - Align - Magic Circle workout - this was challenging, as are most of the magic circle workouts for me. I did my best though and modified where i needed to.

Later today probably a walk and stretch.

Carol - I like Trifecta, but I do have a hard time sticking to it - I'm going to try for this month and then add in some Jessica Valent here and there as well.

Happy Monday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 09:15 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Lower Body Beginner Weights Part One - 15 minutes

It was a beautiful day when I got home from work so of course I had to walk. I have a meeting at 4 tomorrow afternoon and another one at the same time on Thursday, so I probably won't be able to walk on those days and I wanted to take advantage of the warm weather we are having.

Donna - You have my admiration for doing any workout with a magic circle. I hate the dang thing! It's a torture device for sure. I agree with you about Trifecta Pilates. I'm not sure what it is exactly for me, except that I probably just get bored with pilates every day. I think that's why JVP is working for me at this point. There's just enough variety.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 09:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to it today....I did get a short dog walk in yesterday. I didn't get anything done in the evening - DD's BF was over. His car broke down in our driveway and it is now sitting there....he is coming over tomorrow to see if he can fix it. I feel bad for him - he doesn't get a lot of support from his family (financial or otherwise) and he finally got a working car and it broke down within a week. Ugh. Anyway....

On to today's workout...

Pahla B - December 5 Day Weight Loss Series - Day # 2- which was all strength. I was missing Pahla and decided to give this one a go. I am still baffled about what it is about her workouts that tweak me. I managed this one fine w/ no tweaks to my back or hip. Maybe it is her cardio workouts? It is definitely strange. I do miss doing her workouts thought -her chattiness cheers me up in the mornings!

Jessica Valent - Beginner Pilates -this is one of her newer workouts. It is similar to her other beginner workouts.

Hopefully will get a walk and something else in later, too.

Carol - it makes sense to get those outdoor walks in when you can - especially in January! I like JVP's variety, too.....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-10-23, 08:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout today - I got home late. Depending on when I head to bed tonight, I might work in a short pilates routine or stretch routine before bed.

Carol
Old 01-11-23, 08:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got my dog walk in but nothing else in the evening. DD's BF and his brother came over to try to fix the car but it ended up having to be towed. The power steering went. Hopefully he can get it fixed. Car repairs are so costly. And, my neighbors tend to be a jerks, so we were getting worried about him leaving it in front of our house for too long. I happen to live in the middle of two guys who love their lawns more than life itself (eye roll) and I know they hate when people park in the street. Last year when I was having so much work done on my house, I would sometimes move my car to the street if I knew I had an errand or something to run so I wouldn't have to ask the contractors to move their van to let me out - I know they were perturbed. Sigh

Anyway - today was-

Ellen - Full Body Blast - I can't believe it took me 11 days into the new year to do an Ellen workout, LOL! But, I was missing her this morning so I went for it.

Will aim for a dog walk and perhaps something else later this evening.

Sorry for the off day, Carol! You'll get back to it today!

Donna
Old 01-11-23, 10:11 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Upper Body Beginner Weights Part One - 20 minutes

I do like this upper body weight workout, but I think that I like the Part Two Upper Body workout the best.

We had lots of wind today - 60 mph gusts - so I've got a runny nose, lots of congestion and red, itchy eyes, just like everyone else in town.

Donna - Your Ellen workout sounds good. I think once I get tired of Jessica, I'll subscribe to Ellen's streaming again.

Carol
Old 01-12-23, 08:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I didn't get an outdoor walk in - I had a training in the afternoon at the time I usually go but I did Jessica Smith's newest 1 Mile Walk & Talk after work. It was a good one! I also added on a 15 minute Yoga Fusion from Body Groove - it was interesting to do yoga poses somewhat freestyle.

Today, had an early appointment with the plumber (just routine maintenance) so I was short on time. I did:

Ellen - Sunrise Stretch

I will add something else in later today at lunch or after work.

Good job, Carol! Ugh on the wind....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-12-23, 08:16 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout today. I didn't get home until after 6. Back to it tomorrow...

Carol
Old 01-13-23, 11:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday at lunch I did Ellen's Cardio Barre and then after work a short dog walk and then i tried the first day of Adriene's new yoga program. I enjoyed Adriene's practices, but for whatever reason, I am not drawn to her as I once was. I used to use her stuff regularly back in the day. I think she became more serious and less playful or something...Anyway, I may do more of the program or not...we shall see.

Today, so far:

Lively Ladies - Total Body Strength (from 1/9/23)
Jessica Valent - Full Body Stretch and Release

I'm a bit short on time today! We are going on a quick trip this weekend to visit family - so will probably miss checking in here for a few days. At least it is a 3 day weekend so I'll have time to recover.

Carol - you have had a rough week and start to return to work in 2023!

I'm looking at Amy's schedule (Be Healthy Enough) to start next week. I am still a member of her group - I went to cancel and she offered 50% off another month so I went for it. I think I need some structure - and something new - but everything "new" looks like something i don't want to do. I looked at doing a Jessica Smith today on You Tube but I just don't like to move that fast with my weights any more. I like Senior Shape but sometimes i find them almost too sedate. I do like Lively Ladies - but I get tired of them too. And Jessica V, I have been sprinkling in here and there. Maybe I'll just commit to working with Amy for the rest of January once I return to workouts on Monday! I think I'm going to suspend my Essentrics TV subscription, I'm not using it right now and if I get the hankering for some Essentrics I have DVDs.

Hope everyone has a good day and weekend!

Donna
Old 01-14-23, 09:34 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Full Body Stretch and Release - 15 minutes

Never have I been so happy to see a Friday! It has been a hard week. People are so on edge, feeling like they don't know who is next on the chopping block. Our interim head is very nice - actually she is loved and trusted by those who know her, but most of our staff don't know her because she's been gone so long. She does have a very calming presence and I'm sure as time passes things will improve.

Donna - I too am restless for something "new" or different. Not sure what that would be. Maybe Ellen for me? Or Bar Method? I'm kind of missing their streaming.

Carol

Tags
pilates, wall pilates