Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-23, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

CS 1407 - felt good to move that way.

Jessica Valent - Full Body Resistance Band

My contractor isn't starting until later this morning so I had a bit more time to get these done.

Carol - that sounds like a good plan - and keeping the Pilates in the mix is important, I do notice when I slack on it - and CS - too. It is funny as I have aged, the mobility, flexibility, and "control" (core, hips, etc.) has become so much more important to my fitness plans. Strength also, because I also notice I lose that faster now too.

Happy Friday Eve!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-23, 09:14 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Donna - Agree with you on all points about mobility, flexibility and strength as we age. I've noticed my balance takes more work as well.

No workout for me today. I had a late meeting at work and then had to go pick the dogs up from daycare and spa-care (baths and brushes). Then DS and I celebrated his completion of a grant project today. Back to it tomorrow.

Work has settled down after the coup we had in January. As I've gotten further away from the situation, I can see the Board's reasoning for what happened. Things have really settled down in the building - it doesn't feel like a crisis a minute like it did. Contract renewal time is fast approaching though, and there are going to be some folks whose contracts aren't renewed and some folks will be changing jobs. That will be uncomfortable, but it has to happen.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-23, 08:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were

Improved Health - Low Impact Dance Workout - 20 minutes & Strength Program Day 12 - 21 minutes;

I enjoyed both of these - I had done the Low Impact Dance workout before. It really is a mood elevator. I don't think I had done Day 12 of the strength program - it was back and biceps - 3 exercises for back and 3 for biceps.

Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Hip Stretches - 10 minutes

Carol
Old 03-04-23, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

Gina B - Dance that Walk Total Body Circuit. This was a circuit workout, lol, After a nice 10 min warm-up it was the upper body circuit which was 20 min alternating 5 min of cardio/5 min strength, following the upper body it was lower body done in the same 20 min format and then a 5 min cool down stretch.

I finished with a short Pilates from Robin Long/Lindywell (formerly The Balanced Life) it was a Pilates for beginners workout. She is starting a new 14 day challenge on March 13th, I may join - you get a free month to her site which is no up to, I kid you not, $37/month for a month-to-month subscription (you can sub for a quarter or a year for less). So I do need to remember to cancel before I am charged for it if I do subscribe for a month. Some of these sites are so pricey now.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

Donna
Old 03-04-23, 07:55 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were short ones -

Improved Health - 10 Minute Mood Boosting Dance Workout - 10 minutes & Seated Chair Stretch - 12 minutes;
The stretch was the highlight of my afternoon. Very soothing and relaxing, with a nice view looking out over a park in Vancouver. The trees had started changing colors in the background and it was just lovely.

Trifecta Pilates - Basic Pilates Workout - 10 minutes
This ended up being a more restorative practice than I was looking for, but it worked.

Donna - Nice job with Gina B. You're right, $37 a month is a little pricey.

Carol
Old 03-05-23, 02:48 PM  
donnamp

HI Everyone,

My workouts so far, today - broken up throughout the day:

- Jessica Valant - Pilates Basics Workout

- Gina B - Dance that Walk - I got this one when it first came out (I guess, around 2016/2017 per the cover dates!) and I didn't love it and set it aside. Today, I did it and really enjoyed it. i think when I first did it I was expecting it to be a walking workout with a few dance steps, but it is more like a dance workout w/ some walking steps. The dance combos are not difficult to learn and there is enough repetition. I believe in each song you learn 4 moves. There are 14 songs - and they are fun and varied from salsa to ballroom. I would say they are probably most like the Dance Off the Inches workouts than say, a Leslie walk. I'm glad I held on to them b/c it was a fun workout. Not too intense or anything - more for a low impact/lower intensity steady state day.

I will probably take my dog for a walk later.

That stretch sounds great, Carol.

Hope everyone enjoys the day!

Donna
Old 03-05-23, 05:43 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were

Improved Health - 20 Minute Dance Workout & 12 Minute Daily Floor Stretch;
This "dance" workout is really just low impact aerobics, sort of dancey, but not really. I imagine you would be laughed off the dance floor doing this workout, but I found it enjoyable. It's about 4 months old, but it was new to me.

The Floor Stretch was filmed in the same room as yesterday's chair stretch - lovely view, very relaxing.

Pilates Nest - Pilates to Feel Your Best - 12 minutes
I think this was one of Smriti's last workouts before she stopped producing content. I'm not sure I had ever done it before - starts on the mat and ends standing.

Donna - Nice job! At least your "dance" workout had some "dance" steps.

Carol
Old 03-06-23, 07:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

Improved Health - 25 Minute Kickboxing Workout & Day 13 - Legs, Triceps & Chest Strength - 17 minutes

I don't think I had done either one of these workouts before. The Strength workout is simply legs, chest and triceps - 2 exercises for each body part, and it ends with a 40 second plank. The Kickboxing Workout was one of the more challenging workouts I've done from Jules. 10 years ago I probably would have thought it was easy, but no more...

Carol
Old 03-06-23, 07:48 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today was a bit of an off day - I had to bring my car in for service this morning and I didn't get my workout in this morning (don't ask me how I used to get up, do a workout, get my lunch packed, get showered/dressed, drive my DD to school and then drive to work!). I am definitely spoiled by the WFH morning routine which involves just getting up, working out, showering and turning the computer on. Anyway, I did get a dog walk in at lunch but those are pretty slow paced these days and after I picked my car up I did Ellen's Gentle Sculpt. It felt good to move!

Tomorrow I have another early day for a work conference. I have to leave my house before 7. I hoping to get another short Ellen workout in tomorrow after work.

In between we are having our bathroom worked on.

This is also not a good week for eating healthy as I have a lunch after the conference and a dinner on Thursday! EEK!! Will have to find the healthiest options I can.

Good work, Carol!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 03-07-23, 07:11 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Improved Health - 30 Minute Fat Burning Lower Impact Workout - 33 minutes & 12 Minute Daily Floor Stretch

This steady state cardio workout was a new one, released in the last couple of weeks. Jules kept heart rates down by using 45 second work intervals, with 15 second rests. It didn't feel like a Tabata or interval workout though - she didn't have you push that hard.

Donna - I was never an early morning exerciser, but I've always admired folks who could do all that you mentioned and still get to work on time. Late afternoon is my exercise time of choice. I used to do before bedtime exercise but as I aged, that didn't do my ability to sleep any good. So late afternoon it is.

Carol

Tags
pilates, wall pilates