Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-23, 09:50 AM  
donnamp

Jessica Smith and Friends 2023

Please join us - whether you do Jessica's workouts exclusively or sprinkled in with other instructors - all are welcome.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 10:00 AM  
donnamp

Happy New Year!

I haven't really come up with a plan for January - but, today I started with:

Lucy Wyndham-Read (LWR) - January Challenge Day # 1 - this was a cardio/body weight routine - about 20 minutes. I like her challenge b/c she includes other things like eating a variety of foods, drinking water and being grateful into her tracker. And it is low key tracking - like just ticking off the # of glasses of water you drink and what color food you eat. I like low key tracking, if it is too complicated I don't want to do it. And, as usual, her challenge is free.

https://www.lwrfitness.com/latest-challenge/

I also did:

Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates Day # 1 -

Ballet Based Movement - Day # 1 - Bite Sized Exercise Program (these are 5-10 min exercise "snacks" done by a mother/daughter ballet team) - the first 3 of this series are being released on You Tube and then you have to buy the program. I believe is is $30 USD.

https://www.youtube.com/@BalletBasedMovement

Jessica Valent - Juicy Spine

The weather looks nice today so a dog walk is in the future.

Happy New Year!

Donna
Old 01-01-23, 03:02 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Happy New Year!

Hi Ladies,

Donna, thanks for getting us started.

I did an iFIT treadmill hike (in Scotland) on the Isle of Skye with Graham. This one was up the Old Man of Storr and is steeped in history with feuding clans, the MacDonald's and the Macleod's. Graham is a good storyteller. Apparently this is a popular trail and two people recognized Graham as being from Outlander.

I also added Lee Holden's Qi Gong Five Elements and Energy Balance. Very good workout and covers all the bases to make the body feel superb! The long version is 45 minutes but so worth it!

Have a good start to your New Year all!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 03:18 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday's workout on the 2022 Playlist was CORE: On the Ball Full Workout for Abs. I can do a few crunches in a strength video, but not as much as in this workout. So I subbed CORE: Standing Abs Series. That one has Jessica's favorite standing ab moves. Today I did MOBILITY: The Cozy Sweater Weather Warm Up or Under the Weather and Sore Muscles Session. My muscles were pretty sore from the strength and cardio workouts! So this one felt really good.

Weather here is rainy again. We've had a week of clouds and rain lately. But highs are in the low 60's, so not too cold. It just looks cold! We went to a friend's last night for New Year's. Played games and then the guys set off fireworks. I got to bed really late, so its an easy day of rest today.

I can post longer posts again. Yay!
Old 01-02-23, 09:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I haven't really decided on a particular rotation or plan for January - at least not yet - so I'm going with what looks good for me day to day.

Today, so far:

- A little Body Groove warm-up

- Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Strength Training Barre workout for beginners & Seniors. It was part of her January 1st week play list. I enjoyed this one. Again, these are labeled for "seniors" and "beginners' but I don't find them easy. The pace is slower - but that is not a bad thing.

Yesterday I got a dog walk in - it was in the 60's (crazy after last weekend's freeze)! I will probably get one in today as well.

Last day of the long holiday weekend...back to reality tomorrow. Although i worked last week, it was very quiet - but everyone will be back in full force tomorrow.

Sherry - I'm glad you can post again. I have to be careful w/ crunches as well and anything w/ a "C" curve to the spine..

Nice job, Pam!!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii

Donna
Old 01-02-23, 04:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I was back on the treadmill to continue (Part 2) of the climb up the Old Man of Storr with Graham. I've now completed all of the workouts in the Scottish Highland series.

I followed that up with Kelly's Your Best Body (workout one) and enjoyed this one very much. Kelly is a lot of fun and I always smile in this one when she mistakenly picks up her heavy weights (instead of mediums) but continues on!

Lastly, I did Day one of Lee's Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge. Wonderful add on to anything with these only being seven minutes long, or a great warmup.

Sherry, I hate when I get the dreaded Internal 500 Server Error. It is frustrating when you're unable to post after compiling a longer message. That has happened to me a number of times.

Current Rotation:
Old 01-02-23, 05:25 PM  
Leonana

Today was Strength: Total Body Workout with Dumbbells and a Resistance Band. I was achey today, probably from too much desserts! So I only used 5 pound dumbbells. I have to admit, I don’t like combining the band and weights so liked it better this way. I skipped the ab work on the floor.

Donna, my lower back was more sore than usual, and I realized I can’t even do a few crunches or ab leg lifts. Just doing one or two the past couple of days did me in!

Pam, every time I see the 500 Internal Error, I’m afraid it’s the end of the forum!
Old 01-03-23, 09:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was....

Lively Ladies - 30 Min Brisk Walk - this was 30 seconds of walking followed by 30 seconds of another body weight style exercise - done for two rounds. In the second round I added some light hand weights for intensity. I did enjoy this one - when I'm in the mood for it LL hits the spot.

Lively Ladies - Daily Stretches for Flexibility - I enjoy all of her stretching and mobility videos.

Yesterday I added on a dog walk and Day # 1 of Trifecta Pilates Align calendar which was a gentle restorative practice.

Back to reality today....

Take care!

Donna
Old 01-03-23, 01:58 PM  
Leonana

Today was house cleaning and Improved Healths seated stretch. Boy, it felt good! I’m feeling really sore and achey and I think my body is telling me to slow it down. I think I’m going to have to limit Jessica’s strength workouts to once a week.
Old 01-03-23, 02:24 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I was on the treadmill again because our hike got cancelled due to rain today. Back to one of my favorite trainers Tommy Rivers Puzey in Mallorca, Spain. Then Day 2 of Qi Gong with Lee. Finally, a nice yoga practice with another Lee (Tara) Elements of Yoga:Air & Water (first one.)

Sherry, I think I'm only going to do strength training with Kelly a couple times a week with everything else that I'm doing this month. My goal is to do more relaxing workouts like Qi Gong and yoga with all of the walks/hikes I've got on my plate, also. Especially when I'm tired or hurting on any give day.

Have a good one everyone!

Current Rotation: