Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-23, 12:01 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

TGITh...lol....Looking forward to Saturday when I can see my boys and grandkids.

manleym: I have heard of 5 Parks for a long time but just never tried any. She fits my new mellower Yoga practice. I love the flexibility practices!
No YardMax yet..but no more ShovelMax either. Snow is almost all gone. Just a few drift piles.
Only thing I want to do after a lot of yard work is yoga.

horusosiris: Ditto on: I hope that STS 2.0 will utilize heavier weights for at least some of the exercises and segments.

kittybug: I don't have any other Tracy workouts. But I'm interested in trying the Booty ones. I'll have to explore.

Still busy days. Today is the first day I haven't had major meetings all day. Time waster but I guess necessary.

Yesterday: CL34 Ripped w/ HiiT Scrambler with step. Good but I really just wasn't feeling it this time. Low energy day I guess.

Today I revisited Caroline Girvan. Kind of in prep for STS2? I just felt the need for HEAVY upper body work today. I did Epic Endgame Day 2 Bold Upper Body Workout with Dumbells and added on 10 Minute Braced Core & Abs. YAY!!!!!! WEEEEE!!! Pump me up! ;-)
Dang girl uses 38lbs for chest presses and back rows! I got as heavy as 35 with my weights I have and a 35lb kettlebell and that worked. She uses 13lb for the other upper work but I used my 15s. Only dropped to 12s for the wicked burnout at the end. 100 shoulder raises with one dumbell!!!!!!!

So I'm feeling great! Trying to fly through my work. Upper body stretching/yin later I think.

Be well!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-23, 01:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I'm back! There's way too much to catch up on, but I'll try in another post.

First, the workouts.

Chris Dorner Total Body DB & Bands from March and CL #439 Mixed Impact Cardio (seemed relatively easy)

C Dorner #278 80s (ugh---gum girl, shame since she was doing some modifications that could have been useful for me), 20 min 70s Cardio.

C Dorner Total Body DB & Bands (from 4/3) followed by Cardio Step HiiT Vertical step

C Dorner Lower Body Countdown with Vanessa. This came out just before last Christmas with Vanessa. There were balance challenges in this one, and it was a good one! I followed it with CD Super Sweaty Hiit Cardio (from 4/4)

CD Arms & Abs with DB & Bands--GREAT! It did a dumbbell exercise followed by a coordinating exercise using the tubing. I followed it with an Intermediate/Advanced step with Susan adn Michele from March 30th. The audio on this one was sketchy.

CD #77 Fast Basic followed by Stretch after Step (17 minutes--good one!)

CD Int/Adv Hip Hop #64. So good! Her idea of Hip Hop is early hip hop for sure---Salt n Pepa, MC Hammer, and Queen (????) music in this one. Fun!! I followed it with Sweaty HiiT with DB from last Thanks

CD "Strong and Sexy" Arms with tubing & DB. She was really giggly! I also did the HiiT with DB from 4/7. There was a bit too much wooing for my taste.

CD Legs and Abs from 3/30. This one had the shoutout! I followed it with CD #68 Basic/Int Step

CD #280 Hip Hop. This is about the most fun I've had in one of her workouts! manleym, this was in no way "real" current hip hop so I giggled at your comment. I loved the music--to the beat and I had a blast! I followed it with Cathe Perfect 30 HiiT Double Pyramid Bonus. It was fun---so different from the Chris live tupe workouts but a nice change.

CD Get Strong with DB from November of 22(with Marta & Jim) . So fun and good to see a guy doing the workout! CD HiiT 30 minutes from April 10th. I liked but didn't love it--the music just seemed slow for a HiiT workout.

Hair Max!

I'll be back!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-23, 02:23 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watluans!

It's so sunny and warm and not humid today I can't stand it. OMG, it's gorgeous!! We are in the midst of getting a new septic system installed so my back yard is a disaster, but it's a perfect week for them to do the job. It's a very expensive, big job that's no fun but our system had failed so it needed to be replaced. All in all, it's going very smoothly and it will be done tomorrow.

Yesterday I walked at lunch and this morning I did another Charlene Prickett half hour hi/lo TV show workout and then a half hour weight TV show workout. I am really enjoying revisiting these old workouts from the early 90's.

It's good to hear from you guys that haven't posted a lot lately. Kate your unstoppable optimism is so admirable with all you're dealing with lately. You're a treasure.

Manley I have to ask, what are clompers?

Horososirus I also miss the old days of VF. I recall when I first joined there would be two or three pages of new posts each day. It was hard to keep up if you skipped a day. I didn't really post then, but I always liked reading all the posts.

Chele I hope you're getting some sleep with new Finley in the house.
Old 04-14-23, 10:51 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Friday all!

Yesterday I was missing working out with Cathe so after some recent talk about X10 here, I decided to try the double Low Impact premix because I thought it would be a good test for my feet and ankles. It went great, yay! That's such an awesome workout too. I have to revisit some of these (but NOT X77, thank you very much, Chele you're nuts, hah!!) But I have to take it slow and not have another super flare. Not totally better yet but much improved!

Kim, UG on the septic! Glad it's going smoothly and will be finished though. We just had a family member who went through something similar only not smoothly or timely.

FN2, good to see you!! We've missed you!

Hope all is well with everyone. We're about to get some nice weather again for a short stretch. It just hasn't been enough this spring, durn it!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-23, 02:50 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

It’s me again…

I didn’t look at Mary’s sale either. Obviously I am currently obsessed with Chris Dorner so I have little time for anyone else. Except my DH, of course. Plus I’m looking forward to the arrival of STS 2.0. I can almost smell it…are we doing a checkin within this group? I’m not sure I could keep up with a second checkin, although I will probably read the one that others are apparently going to do.

FN1/SHW, Love your latest painting! I’m glad your can incident wasn’t worse! Oh, and I am convinced that we must be married to the same man, as your DH said things that mine would definitely say (once he knew I was okay, of course)!! Oh, and when I told my DH about what happened to you, he must have said to himself—“Oh, she thinks SHE can get a lil’ bump on the head? I can top THAT!” Here’s the story. He was outside and I was inside and he opens the door to the house and calls for me. I come to the door and there is blood streaming down his face, over his eyes, nose, down his glasses and he’s holding a huge wad of bloody paper towels on his head! He looked like a crime scene! I ran to get damp paper towels and started to clean him up while I listened to his story. He was in the garden shed and must have bumped into a heavy metal snow shovel that was hanging on the wall and it fell on the back of his head and until blood ran into his eyes he didn’t know he had cut himself. D’oh! Anyway I sat him down on a chair outside and he fortunately only had a cut in his head and it wasn’t very deep although the area was very tender. He still had yard work to do so I had to come up with a contraption that would protect the cut so it wouldn’t get dirty. I put a sponge type pad with a bandana on top and one of my workout headbands. It wasn’t pretty, but he refused to wear a shower cap in public (yes, it’s only our back yard, but he still refused) so it worked. A week later he is healing nicely but he still has a bruise and a little knot behind the cut. The irony is that it was a snow shovel that we rarely need to use. And he said “how you like THAT, kittybug!”

Kate, sending you hugs! It’s so tough when family is far away. Hopefully your dad is in a safe situation now, and I’m sure you are thankful that your brother has been there.

horusosiris, I’m looking forward to doing some heavier weight work when STS 2.0 arrives. I’ve been doing some with Chris Dorner as the Cathe Lives don’t really fill that bill. I haven’t done yesterday’s Live yet, but it seems that she is using weights mostly to add to a cardio effect. TBH, I have never really gotten a cardio effect from holding dumbbells—either they are too light to make a difference, or they are too heavy to use safely at Cathe’s pace.

Chele, hope Finley--and Winston—are continuing to acclimate. When we got our German Shepherd puppy years ago, she howled all night until my dad went and got her and put a pillow on the floor next to his bed. She went right to sleep and it was her favorite place for her whole life (well, other than the bed itself that she went on when we weren’t home ). It does take animals a bit of time to adjust, just like it does for us! They are both so cute and I’m sure Winston will come to love the company of his own kind.

manley, aren’t clompers garden shoes? I read the transcripts looking for our shoutouts in Chris’ workouts before I did the workouts themselves. I’m such a nerd. Actually I haven’t done the HiiT Barre one yet, but have it on my list after you said you liked it.

Kim, I am prepared for the hummingbirds. I hope I see some soon! And speaking of birds, I wish we had Orioles here like we did where I grew up. They are so pretty! I did see a bluebird last week, although I was surprised since it’s still a bit chilly. Of course we have cardinals, lots of them, and various woodpeckers. I have to be careful where I place the feeders as to not attract too much attention from the outside cats.

Yikes where has the day gone! Gotta run! Hugs! Moby out!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 04-14-23, 04:16 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

FN1/SHW, I forgot to comment on the update on Lux!! I’m so relieved that the FIV and Leukemia tests were negative! Those tests are the kind that you’re not sure you want to know the results since they could be devastating but you also know you need to know to go forward. I guess Lux could just be one that will be fighting the respiratory crud off and on until they come up with a treatment that gets rid of it once and for all. Poor guy.

Hugs!

Old 04-14-23, 06:45 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

OMG, FN2, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your poor husband's story!! That's horrible, so I'm glad it wasn't much worse! Head injuries suck and can just bleed SO much. Is it wrong though I'm laughing about your get up for keeping the dirt out of his head? The visual I got was just hilarious!! And I've often thought your husband and my husband would get along really well. They have similar senses of humor!!

I am so relieved for Lux but then again, the Convenia AGAIN seems to not be working as well as it should. I hope what you said comes to pass, that they come up with something that knocks out this crud for good. He's fine in every other way and clearly feels better but he's had the crud (and snot rockets, UG) for so long, I'm not sure he would know what to do with himself if he had NO symptoms at all.

Today I ended the week on Squeeze Stronger. Now gotta finish up some work and then get dinner going. Have a great weekend Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-23, 02:49 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Ones! Sorry I've not been around all week -- crazy busy week!! There was a California (I think, not federal) deadline for solar yesterday, so all week long we went back and forth on trying to decide if it's "worth it". The sales guy told us we had to let him know by Friday, but in the end we told him yes finally on Friday and he's making it happen. It's a lot of money and will take a lot of time to get going (because we need permits, etc), but it will be nice. We still haven't done our taxes! And on top of all that, I had a colonoscopy yesterday. So, it was a little crazy.

Kim, I *did* buy something at Mary's sale! I finally decided to buy STS total body and I went ahead and got those two new ones from Linda W -- the mat and rebounder. Bet you are happy to have that septic work done! (well, assuming it's done!).

horusosiris, who is MH? I know I should know -- is it MHB? Or? Wondering what the challenge is all about.

manleym, Easter dinner was so nice! Great food and even better company -- just felt like family, you know? And the weather was beautiful so we sat outside for a while, too.

Chele, Travis will stay in NY for the summer -- he's doing an independent study over the summer -- so not sure when we will see him in person again. I should probably schedule a trip out there.

Kate, I can understand you going back to Caroline for heavy weights. Even with Xtrain, which is a bit heavier, I find it hard to go all that heavy with Cathe because of the pace she keeps up. Burn Sets is great though.

cataddict, you are on a CD fest! That's great. Oh, and the story about DH's head injury -- oh my! I can see my husband doing the same thing, and probably saying something similar, too. Hope he healed up ok.

kittybug, I was excited to read that you were able to do X10 -- low impact or not -- sounds like you must be feeling quite a bit better and that's great.

I didn't work out much at all this week because of work and then colonoscopy, but today I cracked open STS total body -- it's nice that I've pretty much completed my Cathe collection now.

I hope everyone is having a beautiful, fun, spring weekend!!
Old 04-16-23, 04:31 PM  
horusosiris

FN2- that is some story about your husband!

Bee- MH is Millionaire Hoy.He really puts a lot into designing and presenting his workouts. He is also so very kind, accepting and encouraging.

Cataddict - send us pictures of your hummingbirds.

Kitty- Squeeze and Squeeze Stronger is such a solid leg workout. I am glad fyou were able to do X10. Great work!

Kate - I too wish that Cathe would slow done the pace especially when we are suppose to be using heavier weights.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-23, 09:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, yes! Millionaire Hoy!! Nice.

Gorgeous, busy weekend. Today was my older son's birthday -- the one in NY, so... I am missing him. He sent me a picture before he went to dinner last night, wearing shorts. I was shocked since I'm still in cashmere sweaters here, but I looked up his weather today and it said 76 and raining!

No workout for me tonight, though I did just try to walk off a little dinner because I felt too full of fish tacos. Too busy for a morning workout -- even on a weekend!!

I'm guessing everyone else is pretty busy this weekend -- pretty quiet here!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in