Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-23, 06:19 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm back!

Today was Sunseekayoga 60min| hip openers | all levels from 02/24/23. Another excellent and STRONG practice. OMG, I love these so much! Lots to work up to as well, stuff I used to be able to do but no longer can like flying pigeon. She's like next level Travis but without all the flowery speak (not derogatory to Travis as I will always love him to pieces, but you know what I mean!).

Kate, SO good to see you in such a challenging time. My goodness. Please, you and your brother should not be hard on yourselves...Bee said it perfectly. Big hugs to you!

Bee, I was SO annoyed at that woman, I cannot tell you. I was in a mind to march over to the house she was visiting and give her a huge piece of my bruised up mind!

Horusosiris, that's HORRIBLE about the Bollyfit! I may be all tinfoil hat, but part of me believes when there's a 'lifetime membership' on the table, something behind the scenes is changing and it's a last ditch attempt to put money in pockets. But that's just me.

So, FN2, a Lux update...the good news is he's FeLV and FIV negative and his blood work came back showing nothing, yay! The bad news is he just has a crap immune system. BUT now that they know they aren't dealing with FeLV or FIV, the vet seems way more on board for bringing the bazooka to the knife fight when it comes to antibiotics. They don't want to encourage resistance, but they're willing to work with us more, and he has a more long-term Rx now for the lysine with the Covenia shot he got today. Crossing fingers and paws for the poor little bugger!

Waves all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 09:34 AM  
horusosiris

It was almost 90 degrees yesterday and today it will be 85 degrees. We went right from a rather mild winter to summer!

CL - 440 this morning, "Legs with a Side Dish of Shoulders." Cathe said it was a strength leg workouts but it felt more like a cardio leg workout rather than strength. The pace was fast and the intervals between exercises were short. It also seemed to me that the shoulder work was a more than a side dish." She did change several things on the fly which sometimes was a bit confusing, especially when the camera was not on her.

KATE- hang in there. I am sending many virtual hugs your way.

Kittybug- I agree with you. I think that was just a ploy to get more money. I probably will not get anymore lifetime memberships. They are risky.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 10:28 AM  
ChelePA

Today we will be in the 70s. Then drop back down to springlike weather. I’m all about the warmer temps.

I agree if the membership is longer than a year that it could be risky and a money grab.

This morning I started with the Peloton Pilates Program focusing on precision of moves. Technique more important than number of reps. Followed with a Top 50 Hits cycling class that was done during Covid. So strange to think back on those initial months and what we were all experiencing. Finished with a 10 minute neck mobility routine.

In the countdown to get Finley. I’ll need to take it day by day with my workouts.

Happy Thursday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 12:59 PM  
manleym

Cataddict, I heard our shout-outs! Still haven’t done either workout yet, but wanted to hear our shout-outs! HA! I also thought Chris’s cardio will be a great compliment to STS 2.0. We’re on the same wave length!

Kittybug, thanks for the Sun Seeka Yoga rec. I did it yesterday and I do like her! I have actually done a couple of her workouts and she.is.hard…just can’t do some (MOST) of the moves she does! I’m so impressed that you could do a flying pigeon! That is HARD!!! What a CRAZY story about being attacked by the recycling can lid! I’m SO GLAD it didn’t hit you in the face! That could have been tragic! LOL at your hubby’s jokes! Gotta laugh indeed!

ChelePA, OH THE BASKETBALL!!!! I think the best games were the Final 4 games. Men’s – SDSU vs. FAU. That winning buzzer beater shot was beautiful! Women’s – Iowa beating South Carolina. Impressive! Caitlin had a great game! And yes, the LSU vs Iowa women’s final. Give it to LSU – they were draining the 3’s and scoring lights out. But the fouls. Really?!? I thought the refs were a little extreme with the fouls they were calling. Especially the technical against Caitlin. I’m glad your sister is doing well! And congrats on the news of another baby! Such fun! Especially since the cousins will be close in age. It is interesting your niece-in-law didn’t know she was pregnant for so long. How do you miss that? Excitement and anticipation building as Finley’s homecoming approaches! We’ll be going to church Friday night and Sunday morning for church. Hubby is thinking of smoking something (ribs or salmon) tomorrow since we’re both off for Good Friday. Hopefully the weather will be nice because we have a lot of yard work to do. Planning on doing it tomorrow and watching The Masters since hubby loves golf.

KateTT so good hearing from you! I know this has been such a hard time for you. I’m glad your dad is healing and doing better. I think it will be good for him to have 24/7 care, as hard as it is for you and your brother to do. There’s no easy in this. HUGS to you!!

Horusosiris, thanks for the CL update. HA that the shoulders was more than a “side dish.” I remember you posting that her recent UB workout was heavy on the shoulders. Think I’ll stick with Chris again. Happy Passover!

Bee, I’ve “hung” a couple of times and really think it makes a difference. I’m going to try to remember to do it today. I like doing it after my workout.

Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 01:06 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Last week:
Monday - Twist and Flow 60 min Level 2+ + CDorner 45 Minute Full Body Weight And Cardio Workout - Burn Fat And Get Toned

Tuesday - Callanetics Pure + CDorner Step Aerobics 60 Minutes Fat Burning Cardio Step Workout #276 (FUN choreography; music matches great, but not my fav)

Wednesday - CDorner 30 Minute Progressive Total Body Workout Dumbbells & Booty Bands

Thursday - CDorner 30/30 Fast Basic Step Aerobics and Strength Workout with Dumbbells! #65 (LOVED! Great workout; liked cardio 1st, then weights)

Friday - 5 Parks Medium Flow Deep Stretch Yoga Class (live) + CDorner 25 Min Upper Body Workout With Dumbbells Shoulders, Back, Chest, Biceps & Triceps (really liked; perfect for today; wanted UB) + 35 Min Sweaty Hiit Style Cardio Kickboxing Home Workout (GREAT! FUN! HR up)

Saturday - Jasper M Upper Body Kettlebell Workout 25 Minutes Beginner Friendly + Lower Body Kettlebell Workout 30 Minutes Beginner Friendly (LB - ok; really liked UB - all moves - WU, workout, CD)

This week:
Monday - Callanetics Extreme (harder than others) + CDorner 60 Minute At Home Total Body Strength Workout for All Levels (Follow Along)

Tuesday - 5 Parks Mandala Slow Flow Yoga Class (felt REALLY good but hard since transitions were slow) + CDorner Cardio Step Aerobics 80's Music Workout 60 Minute Fat Burning Cardio (FAV! SO MUCH FUN! from WU to CD; GREAT music; GREAT choreography; did finished combo 2-3 more times)

Wednesday - SunSeekaYoga 70min yoga hip openers level 2-3 + CDornerThe 30-Minute Total Body Burner Workout to Torch Calories with Dumbbells! (GREAT; quick metabolic)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 02:45 PM  
Mickey12

Manley thank you for mentioning The Masters. I forgot it was on this weekend. Unfortunately we lost our CBS channel on Direct TV so I can't watch the final two days, but at least ESPN has coverage of today and tomorrow. I'll be able to watch those.

Kate, it was great to hear from you! Thanks for checking in. We're all sending you good thoughts.

Bee, you're correct that I was mentioning the Udaya offer for others who might be interested. I haven't really done any yoga for a few years now and likely will never be able to do it like before.

Chele I'm very excited for you on the arrival of little Finley! How long is the drive to get him? I'm sure you will let us know when you get him.

Yesterday I did KCM Cardio Blast, athletic step. I seem to reach for this DVD a lot when I want cardio from Kelly. It was one of her first 30 Minutes to Fitness DVDs and I really like it.

This morning I did a weight workout from Charlene Prickett then a low impact. They're just no-nonsense, get the job done, routines and I love them.

I think we're going to the movies tonight to see the new Dungeons and Dragons movie - is that the name of it? Anyway, it looks entertaining.
Old 04-06-23, 06:46 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Today was Squeeze Stronger, 'helped' out by Cheeto.

Horusosiris, and all of you with real spring temps, I'm jealous! We have not had one, not ONE day yet at 60. Usually, by this time of year, we've had a few days like that which fool us into buying plants, and then it gets cold and they all die and we start over. Not this year, nope. But I can't believe this!

Kim, keep us posted on that movie!

Manleym, so glad you liked SSY!! Yeah, they are hard. When she says, 'Stay here or...' and proceeds to give the next three or four variations, I'm usually like nope, I'm fine right here, thank you very much! And thoughts on Callanetics Extreme? Been waiting for you to try that one! Oh, yeah, back in the 'day' I could do flying pigeon and that side crow with the legs extended pose (don't remember the name) and now I think really? I could do that? What the heck happened??? Hah!

Chele, WHEN WHEN WHEN is the big day Finley comes home?? Arrrreeee you readdddddy? (To quote Cathe, hah!)

Gotta run...be fierce all!

Old 04-07-23, 11:01 AM  
ChelePA

Kittybug…how’s your head feeling? Glad Lux tested negative. Hopefully the vet being open to other meds will help.

Manleym…the fouls were over the top! For both teams! I was getting annoyed. Haha. So fun that you and Cataddict are getting shout outs.

Kim… it sounds like it will be great for you to visit with family over Easter. I know what you mean. You can live close by and not see each other for months. How was the movie?

The yoga poses you ladies are talking about sound crazy. I’ve never been very flexible.

Bee… will both sons be home for the holiday? My daughter has been off since Thursday and returns Tuesday. But she goes to a Catholic college.

Continued with my Peloton Pilates program. Focus was on breath work. Then I did a new Kat interval class using the step and light weights. She’s been offering a few of these here and there. It was a nice change of pace, and a perfect intermediate level for me. You could always increase the difficulty with upping your weights, or changing the step height. Cataddict…have you ever tried one? I finished with a 30 minute hike on the treadmill. Holy cow! My heart rate was in zones four and five for several intervals. She didn’t go below an incline of 10 for most of the class. And we were frequently power walking at levels 11-15. Yikes!

Happy Friday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-23, 03:54 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy (Good) Friday, all. You guys must have seen by now the news that the dvds are at the duplicators! Wow! I'm guessing I won't see them for 3-4 weeks -- who knows, but... I'm pretty certain I won't be doing a 90 day Xtrain rotation!!

kittybug, good news on Luxe... hopefully the vet can get him feeling better now. I'm with you on thinking about "last ditch efforts" when a company offers something like a lifetime membership. Aren't we all the jaded ones? Sadly, I guess....

horusosiris, that is crazy weather! Earlier this week it was telling us we would hit 80 on Sunday, but today it's showing 72 -- which is perfectly reasonable for April! It's chilly and rainy today. We need more firewood but I don't want to go out in the rain to get it!

Kim, what did you think of the D&D movie? I work with a woman who plays -- she seems pretty into it -- and she had no idea there was a movie. I told her about it yesterday. Do you play?

manleym, you are doing quite the variety of things these days. I'm so impressed with how long you and kittybug have been able to stick with some Callanetics!

Chele, my son in NY will stay there -- he doesn't want to seem to come home for anything anymore -- I think Christmas may have been it for a while! The other one still lives at home. We'll be going to have Easter dinner with our friends. Not a big holiday for us, but big for them, and it was her birthday recently, so we'll celebrate that, too. I'm looking forward to it. And.... isn't it the big Finley weekend?

This morning I did Xtrain low impact hiit -- that is one of her better hiit workouts, in my opinion.... almost no repeats!!

lavna, I was thinking about you today because my boss is in Montreal visiting family for Passover. We had a meeting this morning and one local guy joined in late, so he thought the boss was still in NYC (it looked like it could have been NYC out the window). So he asks "what part of the city are you in?" and we could all tell he meant NYC, and boss says "I'm in the part that speaks French." It was funny. He was not a fan of the weather though -- he says it's always miserable when he's there -- either too hot or too cold. To be fair, this is a man who has lived in SF for about 30 years, so he's pretty used to 65 degrees every day year round.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! Hello to cataddict, Vintage, and Linda!!
Old 04-07-23, 06:17 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Last workout of the week was SSY 65 min POWER | strength building | level 3 from 09/17/22. Oh. My. God. I was NOT up for this today, already sore and tired, and it was simply crazy brutal! About 20 minutes in, I started modifying like nuts and was regretting my practice choice because I wasn't up to it. Not that I'd be up to it well rested without still modifying, but SHEESH!! She's amazing. The practices I've been doing of hers are more cardio than the cardio I've done lately and don't get me started on the strength aspect! OH, but...

So I've noticed when perusing YouTube on my computer, I see different stuff/can't find stuff that I see or find on the Roku YT app and vice versa. It's incredibly frustrating. Can anyone explain what that is and/or how I fix it?

Chele, my head still has a small sore spot but I'm surprised it isn't totally black and blue since I bruise very easily. So, when is the new little brother coming home? I'm dying for pics!

Bee, I'm with you, we'll probably be among the last to get the DVDs when they get shipped. Oh well! Lux is improving faster this time than he did the last time he had this shot, so fingers and paws crossed!!

UG, stuff to finish up...have a great Easter weekend all who celebrate and to those who don't too!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in