Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-31-22, 11:17 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Fierce Watulans of 2023!

Welcome to the 2023 check-in for the Fierce Watulans!! All are welcome because we love new friends, and we're here to support and motivate each other no matter what.

So how fierce will you be in 2023? Let's keep this check-in going, Watulans!! Make it a great New Year!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 03:09 AM  
horusosiris

Happy New Year to all of the Fierce Watulans!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 12:57 PM  
ChelePA

Thanks Kittybug!!!

First time participating in VF marathon.

8 am check in: Peloton New Year’s Special Cycling Class followed by New Year’s Day Recovery Ride. It focused on breath work and staying in the present.

I’m exhausted!!! My daughter got home at the same time as us from her party and was Chatty Cathy until 4 am. Rare moments that I never want to miss but wish she would choose a better time. Haha.

Happy 2023!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 02:16 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy 2023 -- let's be fierce!

Chele, those are indeed very precious moments! She must have had a great evening. I hope you can catch up on your sleep!

I actually ended up being awake until midnight last night -- that doesn't usually happen. But it was not much of an anything evening for us. That storm was wild yesterday. Our power came on in the evening, fortunately. We have sun today and then more rain.

I decided to do Crosstrain this morning. True confessions... I think that may have been my first time doing it in its entirety. Well, probably when it came out I tried that and maybe was miserable, and never tried again. Honestly, it didn't seem that bad -- showing me that once again, it's all about mindset and expectations! I mean, it was hard and my heart rate was up really high almost the whole time, but it wasn't dreadful.

I got on a bit of a roll after that and put away all Christmas decorations except the tree itself. And put away all the various foul weather gear we all had out. Feels good to get stuff done.

Hope you all have a nice day!
Old 01-01-23, 02:42 PM  
ChelePA

Bee…so glad your weather settled down. Funny thing about mindset and expectations. How it can totally change a workout. I really like Crosstrain. Adding more Cathe this month now that I’m through the holiday routines.
Old 01-01-23, 04:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy New Year!

Okay, I'm confused about what workout you guys are talking about that you are calling Crosstrain. Do you mean Crossfire or Crosstrain Xpress which is an old series?? If you mean Crossfire, I understand the feeling that this one is powerful hard as I remember thinking the same thing, but like bee, it didn't seem as hard when I did it more recently. Must be that Walulan Ferocious Magic!

We managed to stay up til midnight to make a toast, and went to bed shortly afterwards. We heard a few fireworks but since it was rainy here not too many. The cats don't like them, particularly Olly who, as it turns out, is a gigantic chicken.

ChelePA, yes, do cherish that time with your daughter. It's wonderful that she wants to share with you!

Waves and hugs! Hope this year brings only the best for us all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 05:40 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… I meant Crossfire was always quite the challenge. Haha. But love CTX too.
Old 01-01-23, 07:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

Happy New Year, Waahhhtoooolunnzzz!!!

May 2023 be a year of Full Throttle Hustle and Sheer Delight of all your life has to offer!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 07:34 PM  
Mickey12

Love you, Linda! You always make me smile

Bee and Chele, I recall the first time I did Crossfire I hated it. And truth be told, I’m not sure I have done it since then. My notes on the back say “HARD” and “I like To the Max better”. I think they came out at the same time and were maybe the first of the more drill based and less choreographed workouts trend. Anyway, I’m glad you guys like the workout and it didn’t seem as brutal to you, Bee.

Today I chose Les Mills Pump Extreme. I am really enjoying these Pump workouts. I know some don’t like the Beachbody over the top mugging and scripting, but I don’t mind it. I find it motivating.

Happy New Year, all!
Old 01-01-23, 08:02 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy New Year, Watulans!!!

Today was Horizontal Conditioning Volume 3, my first time doing this one. Oye, HARD but I loved the challenge. I felt accomplished because I did every one of those stinkin' reps BUT I also modified by using a 4-pound weighted ball because a towel around an 8-pound dumbbell just wasn't happening. Also, I stupidly chose 5-pounders as my 'light' weight which goodness, NOPE, next time will be 3's...or maybe 2's. And I didn't do the single leg burpee jump thingies on and off the step but did two legs instead because I felt oddly unstable and unsafe. So I was somewhere between Sandra and her greatly appreciated modifier!!

FN2, THANK YOU so much for the info you shared on feline leuk. We are giving things a bit more time for Lux before stressing him out and bringing him in again. I'm thinking it's highly possible he's like Big Orange since you shared that info...or perhaps that's wishful thinking. But when I think back, he's never really been 'right' in his upper respiratory system. EVER. And he's had pneumonia more than once. My poor little snorky bug!!

OMG, Bee, that weather is crazy!! Glad it settled down a bit. And I agree Crossfire is HARD. I think I'm like Kim and enjoy To the Max a bit more, though they're both good. Kudos to you for finding it easier, and I'd say that's more than expectation and mindset! Progress is awesome, yes!!

Linda, I adore you. I agree with Kim...thank you for the huge smile!!

ChelePA, I think that is so sweet your daughter kept you up chatting! You'll look back and cherish your exhaustion too, hah hah!!

Horusosiris, did you do a HoCo too?

Okay, gotta get dinner going. It's a new fierce year, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in