Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-02-22, 08:04 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi All,

I started my workout week today with Epic Day 41 glute workout (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi33...XkXVM&index=45) and I got to try out my new bootysprout machine! I like the machine and it comes with three heavy bands, I think they are 45# each, and I was able to use two bands (90# resistance) for many sets before I went down to 45#. I'm interested to see if my muscles feel different tomorrow. The rest of the workout was sumo squat/deadlift variations so the burnout was very high. I'm glad I'm done with that! Tomorrow upper body and it should be all inclusive I would have thought, but it appears to just be chest and tricep. I'm sure there's a reason for that LOL but Im going to see.

I feel like I slightly tweaked my shoulder somehow this morning but hopefully it will feel better by tomorrow.

Eventmom Haha well I like the shape of my butt, but I wouldn't say no to a little more volume, if that could be achieved! I'm not going to lose sleep about it but thought the machine would help me achieve more resistance, which it seems to be!

Buzzer Well, I went ahead and made my Cathe preorder! It really is a good deal for so many workouts. I doubt I'll be using the main workouts right away, but love that there are a couple of total body workouts, and I will definitely get use out of the stretch/foam roller workouts right away.

Well the weather is great in the DC area today, in fact the rest of the week is gorgeous high 70s so your DH should be able to really enjoy it!

Your treadmill running workout sounds really good! The reflection on the treadmill screen is at the worst possible angle, trust me I know! don't let it bother you!
Old 11-02-22, 08:59 AM  
Buzzer

KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness Lift 2B Fit, legs.. DONE!

I am feeling my treadmill walk run from yesterday! I love it! My abs and glutes mostly. Amazing to feel it in my abs! I was ready for another walk/run today, but decided against it. I instead did Lift 2B fit legs. It's 19 minutes, but it is tough! I used 20's and 25's, so my arms got tired too from holding the weights! I really focused since I know it's not much time. I worked for sure!

I realized that I was going more and more away from my 30 minute workouts and more towards an hour. I loved the 30 minutes! So instead of doing slow and heavy again, which I was kinda dreading, I went through and pulled out all those 30 minute workouts again and put them at the front of my row of rotation. I reserve the right to readjust at a later date! However, while I am trying to get back into running, I will stick to 30 minutes one day, run/walk and eventually all run the next. I don't want to get too beat up while I am getting back into running.

The little bit of running I did do yesterday sure felt good. I didn't have the runners high for part of the day like I used to, however I was so proud of myself. I am looking forward to doing it again tomorrow!

Yesterday it was 70 degrees in town! We spent a lot of the day in town. We had homeschool park day, so they afternoon was hanging out at a park in the sun! Today we have a strong breeze... not really wind, just strong breeze. it's nice out though! Hard to believe it's supposed to snow now 3-8" up here tomorrow! It always surprises me how nice it can be the day before a storm.

LB found a costume at Spirit Halloween she wants, and yesterday it was 25% off. Today it will be 50% off! So we hid it behind a bunch of gross scary clown costumes, and will go back at opening for it. It's a balloon dog costume, super cute! So today I am going to wake her up about 8:30 and we will go over and see if it's still there. then she will be a balloon dog next year! I told her she can't lose interest in it before next year though!

I had all these great plans to clean and do stuff while DH is out of town, however our days are so busy I will get nothing done. Our plans take up our whole days until he gets home tomorrow evening! Oh well. it's fun to get stuff done while he's gone, he doesn't walk in and comment while we are in progress

Eventmom: I haven't heard about the flu this year! Ugh. I think it's hitting hard because we've all been locked up and not sick for two years! Our immune systems haven't been built back up yet. I think that's why LB and I are feeling more punky this year too. We are more prone to catching things. I don't like that. I liked the health we had the last few years! I am having a hard time coming to terms with the "roll with it" that will be required of me this year. I keep telling myself it's every other Saturday, and hopefully they will get into a groove where it's close to the same time every ride. I am just saying lots of prayers! We already had a snag of being invited to a birthday party and not knowing if we can go. it's a pain in the booty.

Ebianco: Glad to hear the weather will be good for him! He will not be happy to come home to snow! HA! You just reminded me of the pre-order. I closed the window and forgot! I need to do it too. Hopefully the pre-order lasts long enough for me to get off my booty and do it! I don't know why I'm hesitating. I am like you though, I won't use the foam roller workouts and recovery workouts as much, so I want to make sure it's worth it to me.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-22, 11:31 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

essentrics flexibility for athletes

going back to my old stretch workout - trying to sort out what my routine should be.

ebianco - the device seemed to be able to do what it's advertised to do and doesn't look too big to keep around.

buzzer - that's a super funny costume hope LB will still want it next year. I have to say I was never that prepared for halloween. yes on the flu, that's pretty much what experts think is going on, we've all stayed home more or less and not built up our immunity. Of course, we don't have natural immunity to covid so of course we had to. We're still pretty careful. Given what it did to me and what I've seen it do to others, even vaxed and booster... sigh.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 07:50 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Today was Epic Heat Day 42 chest and triceps (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9KZ...XkXVM&index=46) and my shoulder still feels slightly tweaked from yesterday but it didn't bother me at all during my workout so who knows. I enjoyed all the burnout but did switch out the last chest superset with my own abs, which Caroline doesn't really hit much directly. With warm up, brief cardio and stretch it was a 50 minute workout.

Tomorrow is back to legs with a quad focus. I got through my stressful week and my good eating really held up until the end, and now I feel slightly derailed in that area and trying to get back on track.

Eventmom Yes I really like that the bootysprout machine is really very small! It feels heavy duty but is very easy to just prop up against the wall when I'm not using it.

Buzzer I didn't see any dates for when the Cathe presale ends so not sure how long that is.

I'm glad you're feeling the treadmill walk run workout and have DOMS in your abs! Abs are my problem area so I LOVE feeling DOMS there which I don't get often, like YEAH a reminder I'm really working out that area. I was surprised I still barely got any DOMS from all the glutes yesterday. I even went much heavier resistance on the machine than my own ball/barbell set up for hip thrusts and still not much DOMS? I know that doesn't mean it's not working but it is curious to me.
Old 11-03-22, 03:37 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - Jacquelyn Cardio Barre Remix Low impact. + arms + 15 min TA popstar - so around 55 min workout. I rode my horse and did some resistance stretching.

ebianco - I did not do great on eating while we were traveling - partly stress partly eating out so many meals. Trying to do better this week! hope you are getting back on track too!

hi buzzer!
Old 11-03-22, 05:36 PM  
Buzzer

Walk/jog in Portugal on the beach (on the treadmill)... DONE!

I did about 3 miles total. I walk 3 minutes to warm up, then he warms up for ANOTHER 5 minutes when the workout starts. Then he does about 10, 30 second runs with 1 minute walks. or maybe 1:30 walks? I don't remember. The walk was longer than the run though. I did 3.3 mph walk, 6 mph run. It's a good clip, however it isn't very fast! Feels good though. I do think I could do more, however he reminds us that since we haven't been running, we need to get our body ready for it to prevent injury. So I have been pulling myself back from skipping to a harder workout! After the workout, it goes to 10 minutes of cool down, where I walk at about 3.3mph again. So overall a good fast walk and slow jog.

I made sure to hold my belly button in again! I like those sore abs!

So I am up in the air on the pre-order. Yesterday while I was at LB's violin group class, with her friend sitting next to me because we brought her with us to see the group... I got a text from my Mom saying my Dad has cancer. I did what I could to deal with it there, however I couldn't sit there and focus, plus smile at LB's friend, plus do what I had to do to get through until I could focus in this news. This morning, DH and I decided that even though it'll be a crap ton of money, we are going to go see them for Thanksgiving week. Crap ton of money. So, I"m not sure about the pre-sale now since this has come up.

An extension of the news is that they couldn't get an appointment to see if it has metastasized until November 23. They didn't want to wait, so today they went to the ER and got the catscan to see. Well, the ER said he had inflammation in his prostate (where the cancer is reported to be) and severe constipation. So could be cancer, since his numbers point to it and the inflammation does. However, it doesn't look like they found it anywhere else so that is good news! I am so relieved they did that. We are leaning towards cancer of the prostate, not anywhere else, so higher rate of beating it.

It's been a crazy two days. I finally told LB today, and she took it well. I mean, she doesn't see them that much, so I don't blame her. She's good about stuff.

Running today felt good, because I remember that's how I used to deal with stress. I hope to get there again. I need to start thinking of how I am going to workout now with 8 days in Florida, and then we are back for like a week and go to Great Wolf for 6 days! Gonna have to be flexible on my workouts for sure.

Ebianco: I'm glad you guys had good weather, because DH is coming home today to snow! So far we have about an inch, and it's coming down all night. Supposed to be up to 7", but we will see. I looked up that little machine you have... that looks cool!!! It definitely seems like it would strengthen your glutes! you'll have to keep us posted on how it does!

Eventmom: We have had a bad cold floating around. It's hit everyone I think at this point. I think that's what LB and I had this last weekend... it hit her harder than me though. I am not looking forward to getting the flu if we get it! I have stepped up my food game, making healthier meals for all of us. Hoping to get that immune system up for sure!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 10:55 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

20 min barefoot cardio + floor barre (one that was on zoom that I have access to for about a month). here's the cardio: I didn't want to put on shoes then take them off for floor barre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk8...Wk1xp1&index=5

buzzer - OMG on your dad. I hope that it is a form that has good treatments and his body responds! I hear you on the $ but I think you won't regret going. When MIL got her cancer diagnosis, I told my husband to just go and take DD and it was good that they went (it was lung cancer that was hard to diagnosis so once she got the diagnosis it was very fast). Anyway - I don't think that's your situation but just better to go and know you did what you could.

hi ebianco!
Old 11-04-22, 11:11 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Today was Epic Heat Day 43 quads and calves (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q-M...XkXVM&index=47) and it was a toughie, my quads were shaking! Instead of the calf work though I did more kind of quad/inner thigh raises barre-style with the loop around my ankles, because I really don't like doing any extra work on my calves (they get really thick quickly, then I won't fit into my riding boots!) It was definitely toughie. With warmup and stretch it was a 44 minute workout.

I was surprised I didn't have any major DOMS from my chest/tricep workout yesterday and it was only a vague stiffness in my lower body from the glute workout Wednesday. Is it possible I've gotten over the DOMS hump now that I've been doing Caroline for 9 weeks straight? Or just a fluke? I am still a little sore, but nothing major.

Anyway, total body tomorrow and it looks like a weighted HIIT on Sunday.

Edited for Saturday: Epic Heat Day 44 total body (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U79...XkXVM&index=48) and she structured it as all lower body, then all upper body, then "total body" which was kettlebell inspired I thought (windmills, snatches, etc.) and the time few by as it always seems to do on total body days! I definitely was sweating bullets today. I did an extended warm up with Fitprime Killer Cardio compilation just a few tunes for 15 minutes then an extended stretch making the whole workout 64 minutes. More than anything I feel like my upper body is fried! There was a lot of upper body in the "total body" section of the workout so I got a lot of burnout.

Eventmom Thank you and I did start go get back on track with my eating yesterday! And I feel good about today so far. Hopefully same for you!

Buzzer I'm really, REALLY sorry to hear about your dad and the cancer diagnosis. I really hope it hasn't spread outside of his prostate. I agree it is worth the money to spend Thanksgiving with your parents, you really just don't know with what time is left and best to play it safe and maximize the visits. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

I'm really glad your running has been going great and that it is a stress reliever!

Wow the idea of snow is crazy with it being so nice in the high 60s right now! But even if we had chillier weather we don't see snow until well into January-February. I used to wish for a 'white Christmas' growing up and that never happened LOL.

There is a bad cold going around here too, lots of people I know have been getting COVID, flu, or cold. It's always hard when the seasons change.
Old 11-05-22, 05:41 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Jacquelyn workout on the alo moves app - I purchased a set of her workouts in 2016/2017? before it was subscription once you bought a workout you owned it! did a 45 min cardio barre.

worked on the property maintenance - has two helpers got quite a bit done. They did the heavy stuff so I got trash picked up, etc but so glad to have gotten so much done!

ebianco - I am doing a bit better on food but somehow I need to find snacks that fit my eating limitations. I wish I could find those fitprime compilations now!

hi buzzer!
Old 11-06-22, 12:07 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I finished my workout week today with Epic Heat Day 45, weighted HIIT (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qLM...XkXVM&index=49). I was pretty confident going into this one because (1) the last few HIIT workouts haven't been THAT bad! and (2) I figured the weighted HIIT workouts are slightly easier, because it seemed like the last weighted one was. I woke up with a lot of energy going into this workout and it SLAYED me. I don't know if it's the workout itself, I wasn't mentally prepared, or what, but I could barely finish! I started out using 10# weights because she was using 13.3# and it seemed reasonable, but I had to drop to 8#s then eventually 6#. Even though it's weighted she still seemed to fit in a lot of burpees, I think going back and forth from burpees into the metabolic weighted work just made it so hard. anyway I'm glad that's over! With extended warm up and stretch it was a 59 minute workout.

Next week is my final week of Epic Heat! Then I'll take off for a week or two and decide which of her systems I'd like to do next. Initially I was thinking of Epic 3 or Epic Endgame, but I think I might just to Epic Heat again. I like that they are a little shorter in length and I think the others may give me a dread factor. Or Iron which is definitely shorter in length but doesn't have any HIIT, but I could add those in. Anyway I love her workouts! She's been gone for a few months now from YouTube except a check in every couple of months. Maybe by the time I'm done with my deload week or two, she'll be back with a new system.

Eventmom Wow, I totally forgot those Fitprimes would be out of print now. I looked on eBay just for curiosity and gosh there isn't much there, and what is there is pricey. I will have to treasure them now as much as my OOP Pure Barre DVDs Seriously, I keep my Pure Barres in a cabinet and check on them to make sure they're there When I'm on a break between Caroline systems I'm definitely going to get in some Pure Barre! And I really want to take that time at least to do some Classical Stretch. And some more Fitprime for sure. And maybe some yoga haha.

Buzzer Waves! I hope your dad is doing okay keep us updated ((HUGS))

Tags
fitprime just right