Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-23, 05:17 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

hi everyone!

yesterday - KV sweat
today - KV strength

I may stick with Karen next week. These aren't hard but my shoulder is feeling better not 100%.

ebianco - I owned ONE cathe, VHS, yep that long ago LOL. her workouts look good but it seemed like they were all so long and I was getting great results with Joyce Vedral.

lucie - getting your personal best onto DVD is one my, once I retire I'll have time to do this projects. well, not so far. I'm teaching a course once it's over. then maybe?? who knows but I love that workout. Talk about a beautiful setting

buzzer - snow snow oh no. It will be so great when LB gets these accomplishments completed.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-23, 11:23 PM  
lgk

Good morning, Ladies -
Hope everybody is doing well!

ebianco - hi!

eventmom - Personal best is awesome! I even like the silly outtakes it’s on YouTube, in several channels, in case you are considering including it in your KV rotation week Hope your shoulder feels better fast!

buzzer - as somebody who has on occasion run 100+ mile weeks (although by no means often), & even once in one day (I am an ultra runner, my favorite distance is 50 miles though, but I have run 1 100 mile race) I fully support the Toblerone ambition. It’s an absolute non negotiable must for any mountain runner in the Alps. We need to find you a chocolate bar that has Mont Blanc photo on it - I’ll give it some serious thought! Also, congrats on your PR! Well done. I am sure you’ll be able to get your speed up to what you want to, have fun! Do you have any races coming up? Also, don’t worry about checking out that w/o, she is my absolutely fave video instructor & has many amazing workouts, but that particular one was filmed in amateur fashion ages ago. I came across it right after you & I chatted about the Alps & it made me think of you.

I did my workouts as planned, goals set for next week too.

Vous pouvez sortir Mademoiselle de Paris, mais vous ne pouvez pas sortir Paris de Mademoiselle.
The ball is round, a game lasts 90 minutes, everything else is pure theory. Off we go!

Passionate about Kundalini Yoga and Running.
Berlin Marathon - September 28, 2008.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 07:45 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Vol 1... DONE!

I used 12's as my heavy weight at first, then dropped down to 10's. However on chest I went back to my 12's. That was a great workout for the upper body!! I did some little Demi squats and lunges, not full on. I am still kinda babying my legs because I want them #1 for running, so I don't want to exhaust them with a Firm. I did do the moves, just not very deep. I used 8's as my light weight! So this workout was really good for my upper body. I even did some of the laying down leg work. I skipped the table work, however the side lying and leg shoots I did do, however without weight. I wore my shoes which was enough weight! I am gradually pushing my legs into my video workouts, just kinda slowly testing the waters to see what I can do without destroying them. I think, honestly, I can do more than I have been. I'll find my happy balance eventually.

Today the run with my trainer is supposed to be 3.5 miles. I'll see how much I do, since he runs faster than I do. However I'll be really happy if I can do 3.5! I'm telling ya, it's been at least 16 years since I did this type of mileage. I am very happy to be back at this point!

Lucie: Wow! I didn't know you did that kind of running! That's so awesome! I have a friend that runs ultras, and she is incredible. She's been getting injured a lot lately though, I think since she's been running for about 20+ years it's catching up with her. She's transitioning into riding her bike more now. She is just a machine! So I find that kind of mileage really impressive! I once upon a time ran a 10k, however it was a popular race here that most people are excited to run, so there was bands along the way, screeching cheerleaders with megaphones, and so many stinking people and activity. I was so annoyed by the end I didn't even go through the giveaway booths, I just left. I am not that much of a people person, and the noise was too much for me! Other than that, I stuck to 5k's and 7k's. I'd love to run some races, however at the pace I'm at I would be back with the walkers. Perhaps next summer. The workout you posted of the walk is almost exactly what I am doing! I run with Tommy Rivs, and he loves history, geology, physiology, and language. He spends the time teaching and talking. So that workout you posted was very similar! I liked it! I watched it while drinking tea though, not walking with her

I will also say that 5k or 7ks are good for me also because I get bored. I didn't like wearing headphones or ear buds because I worried about my safety, however I also enjoyed just hearing the birds and nature around me. I probably could have worn them at the events, however I wasn't used to them so I didn't even think of it. I do love the quiet and hearing all the noises that happen before people wake up! I loved seeing people's routines. I remember once being out running a week before 9/11, and a young man dressed in baggy full camo with a big bag was walking to a car outside an apartment complex. He was visibly upset, and his Mom was walking behind him and they shared a big long hug. I remember thinking he must be going to bootcamp. My heart just ached for that young man. A week later 9/11 happened, and I always think of that sad, sad moment I witnessed, the anxiety, and a week later how much harder it must have been for them. So many things I witnessed on my runs that I still think about.

I also saw so much nature though, I was running with a friend and we had a mountain lion cross our path! I saw a mama and baby bear once, the baby bear was playing in the weeds. We were far enough away to not threaten mama though! So many great memories.

Anyhow, that was long. I love that you run so much!

Eventmom: the snow was melted by the afternoon, and LB and I had to turn on the A/C in the car by the evening. I love spring storms so much more than winter storms because they melt so fast and the roads, although they get bad during the storm, are seldom bad the next day. Plus all the water melts into the ground and suddenly everything is green and blooming!! We have rain in the 10 day, but no more snow... so far. It's only May 1, we can get snow all the way into June. Although we did get it one year on July 4th!! That was crazy. So I guess we can get snow all year, however it's very rare in the summer.

Hi Ebianco!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 02:42 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

stretch day - essentrics release (30min) + shoulder (15 min). So Sahra teaches the 30 minute one and Miranda the 15 min one.

lucie - that's right, that Karen is on youtube! I've seen it but forgotten it was out there. 100 mile run that's impressive.

buzzer - glad that snow was well behaved and disappeared quickly. A mountain lion and a bear with cub - wow! amazing.

hi ebianco!
Old 05-01-23, 09:19 PM  
lgk

Good morning, Ladies -
Hope everybody is doing well!

eventmom - seems like everybody is on YouTube! I just searched for the Essentrics workouts you just posted & found them ion youtube no problem.
But yeah, I had found all of my OG workouts posted on YouTube by other platform users, it was fun to see them. Thank you so much for the kind words, that 100 mile run was ages ago, honestly, I think it was back when I was still on FB. I’d only done 1 100 mile race ever, I do shorter ultras.

buzzer - I agree with eventmom, your animal encounters sound amazing. Also, agree with you 100% re big city races, I cannot stand them, I feel like I am in some kind of a parade in a sweaty outfit & with messy hair, & everybody stares I only do trail races (& mountains). I’d done Berlin as my first marathon but it was honestly very dignified, didn’t feel like I was on display. I was v ill for over a year, back when I just came back on VF two months ago I had only just started working out again & was still v v weak, honestly couldn’t even walk uphill - & a month before that I couldn’t even manage 3 flights of stairs v well. So I am certainly appreciating being able to move again & only just posted calling myself an ultra runner because now I finally feel like yes, I can be back & I can train again. I don’t think I can talk about it much quite yet, it was so traumatic & I didn’t think at times I’d make it. The reason I think I should mention it is because I 100% credit fitness with helping me get back to life. I started doing v short workouts by Lucy Wyndham -Read (I am super protective of her because her workouts literally brought me back to life) - I literally was so weak, I couldn’t even get for a walk, but slowly & little by little - now I do feel confidently that I will for sure compete in an ultra race before the year end.
I love that you are a runner too, & honestly like trail races because they are kind of restful - cannot worry about anything or overthink etc, must finish on movement & watch the terrain in the mountains, so I honestly never feel more mentally rested than after a long long run, it’s very happy making.
What’s your preferred outfit for running?
But never mind all that - what about the real running stuff, namely how are you doing on your Chocolate Acquisition Challenge? I am hoping for a full report!

hi ebianco!

I can’t believe it’s May already, honestly. Doing my workouts, need to work on working out earlier.
Have a great day, everybody!

Vous pouvez sortir Mademoiselle de Paris, mais vous ne pouvez pas sortir Paris de Mademoiselle.
The ball is round, a game lasts 90 minutes, everything else is pure theory. Off we go!

Passionate about Kundalini Yoga and Running.
Berlin Marathon - September 28, 2008.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-23, 10:51 AM  
Buzzer

Ran 2.6 miles with trainer in Rapa Nui... DONE!
firm with Sandahl... DONE!

Isn't it funny that I was very disappointed with my run yesterday? I mean, I ran 2.6 miles, plus had about .54 miles in my cool down... so again over 3 miles.. and now I am disappointed!! I think I am disappointed because even 0% grade was feeling hard. My legs were tired, my calves were sore, and every time I moved forward it just seemed like a huge effort. The max incline was 6%, and about 20 minutes into the run I just went to -3% and did a downhill run. I know it was just an off day, and probably a little overtrained and shouldn't have expected myself to do too well. I mean, I did it, even if I flattened out even the flats!! HA! I ran. That is what is important, I put in the miles, even if I didn't do it at the inclines he did.

The scenery there is beautiful, and I learned so much I didn't know before! I always thought the Easter Island moai were fallen because of time, however he said that since they were symbols of their ancestors, their enemies would knock them down kinda like to scorn them. So now I understand why some of them are left down! I always thought they should put them back up so they don't disintegrate. Now I think it's cool that some are down! I wouldn't make a good archeologist.

Today I did the Sandahl Firm. It was good! I went a bit more into the squats, and used the blue section of my fanny lifter instead of the purple. I didn't use weights on the step ups, but I tried to go further into them and further into the squats and lunges. Overall, I did a better job of doing a complete firm and enjoyed it! Lots of work though! My goal is to run 3 miles without dying, and to alternate them with Firms or other weight workouts. Firms are my main goal since that's what I used to do. I love running and the Firm. Who knew when I was in my 20's and 30's doing those two things that I had found the workout types I most love. I have since wandered all over with cardio and weights, and always come back to the firm. They will be the workouts I would save until I die!!! I did tell DH that if anything happens to our treadmill, we have to replace it. I just can't live without it anymore. I feel like even though I am not conditioned for either workout I am doing, I feel like I am back home and where I am supposed to be.

Eventmom: I have so many stories of my runs I saw so much nature (snakes, bunnies, foxes, even bees and cool bugs) I used to see things and tell myself "If I didn't run, I would have missed this!!" I didn't die, so that always kept me going! We are now at the point where we have rain in the forecast, so I am starting to think of gardens and outdoor stuff. Hopefully no more snow!!

Lucie: I have to agree with the feeling like you are in a parade! I hated it! People were there to cheer us on, but it annoyed me. There were a few areas with no people yelling at me and I loved that. I think that's when I realized I cannot do big races. I run for peace, not for a sweaty parade and people yelling at me!!! I am glad you are doing better after an extended illness. I thought you are amazing to think you will do an Ultra Race before the end of the year. I am hoping to do a 5k next summer! I didn't even have an extended illness! We have not gotten our chocolate yet. Thanks for the reminder though. We have to go to the store today so we'll get it!

Hi Ebianco! I hope you are doing well and not too busy!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-23, 04:26 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I didn't plan my workout for today which is odd for me so I grabbed the TA beginner mat #2 which is a standing workout. It's been a favorite since it was released - I just checked 2014. omg, I realized I'm sick of it. But I did it and then a Charlene Prickett episode. Guess I'm back to TA but I'm going to use a different workout.

lucie - running 100 miles even long ago is very impressive to me!

buzzer - Sandahl is volume 3 and my first and favorite firm! I'm not a runner but I've seen some cool (not as cool as you) stuff on my rides.

hi ebianco!
Old 05-03-23, 02:43 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

NEW thread alert....

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...21#post2997421

Tags
fitprime just right