Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-23, 01:16 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - define full body 1 + charlene cardio
today - define full body cardio dance 2 + 10 min cardio dance (also on the app)

buzzer - hope you had a good day with your toned down schedule!

waves to ebianco and lucie!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-23, 03:43 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I can't believe I'm more than a week behind!! My new promotion has me sooooo busy the days just fly by. I'm loving it, but it's crazy how even little pockets of time each day just evaporate. Anyway I have been keeping up with my workouts!

Since last check in:

-Last Wednesday, April 5-ACE HIIT Total Body again and it was about as tough as usual, definitely still keeping my attention. I just love how fast it goes by then I'm done for the whole day, before my in-office day!

-Last Thursday, Caroline upper body but I shook it up and went to Epic Endgame all upper body (tried day 12 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2U5...roJol&index=27). And it was great, the 100 reps of triceps at the end absolutely killed my arms for days after! (in a good way) I don't remember if I skipped a couple exercises to fit into a shorter timeframe but I did most of it for sure.

-Last Friday, 10 Minute Solution Perfect Pilates Body with Suzanne Bowen and I was just lukewarm on this one. It wasn't very challenging, it wasn't very creative, it was just kind of blah. So probably not one I'd do again, let me know if either of you want it and I'll mail it to you! It's just the DVD in a sleeve no original packaging.

-Last Saturday, I TOTALLY forgot to mention I was going to be traveling Friday-Saturday to a baby shower about 4 hours away. Anyway I did that LOL so Saturday had to be a travel workout. I ate a carb-heavy meal the night before so I was brimming with energy, so did about 75 minutes of a lot of youtube zumba then Barlates lower body and ab mat work, and stretching (all in the hotel room). So basically my barre workout for the week.

-Last Sunday, back at home and did Firm Total Body Shaping Mix again, I was determined to keep repeating this until it wasn't overly hard anymore! Third time doing this one and am glad to report it's not overly hard anymore, haha. So I can now stop repeating it! I'll probably cycle back through all my favorite Firms again or maybe do Tough Tape 2 then add abs this Saturday. Or if I'm feeling more ambitious, will perhaps start cycling through Cathe workouts again.

-Mon-Tues planned rest days

-This Wednesday, ACE HIIT Total Body again LOL. I was lower on energy but still performed about the same (I've been jotting down the last cycle highest heart rate and it was the same as week prior). Still my go-to before in-office workout!

-Today, Caroline upper body Epic Endgame but a different one from last week (day 42 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Va...roJol&index=18) and I did skip about 5 exercises to make it a little shorter, but it was definitely hard. Lots of chest and back work and some shoulders and biceps (and I added triceps when she did more shoulders). The burnout was abs which I loved the idea of, but remembered I'll be doing a lot of abs tomorrow, so did 100 reps of triceps again. It felt easier than last week! (But we'll see how I feel tomorrow).

My eating hasn't been great but it wasn't terrible either, so I have stayed about he same weight which is a lot better than gaining!

Eventmom Yes my yorkie does seem to really like the prescription food, I've now tried three flavors and they are apparently all winners. One thing I have noticed is that she doesn't stay full, no surprise since it is all low protein, so that's a bit annoying but otherwise okay for now.

Ugh sorry everything you're finding on the app is shoulder intensive!

Buzzer I'm SO relieved to hear that Eugene didn't need surgery!!! I've never heard of black ointment but am definitely keeping that in mind now for things like abscesses! I am sorry to hear though that he came home with kennel cough from the vet and you need to do more antibiotics, that you also had to pay for!! I laughed at the "tricks" they do, that's all my dogs do too-things like sit and stay LOL.

I would be upset too about LB and the imbalance of all the stuff you do for her, and nothing for yourself, especially if your DH doesn't do anything to help at all!! I've been feeling frustrated too because I do basically 100% maintenance for the dogs (you know, the ones that DH said he wanted, I mean I love them but would never have had 7 dogs on my own!!) BUT it's nothing like trying to keep up after a kid and all her activities. Especially once they get to be a certain (preteen) age and become a bit snippier and unappreciative

Great job keeping up with your running and P90X!! I had a nice Easter, after the baby shower trip on Friday-Saturday to be honest I could barely peel myself off the couch on Sunday LOL. But it was still beautiful weather I can't believe you're expecting SNOW this weekend??
Old 04-14-23, 03:26 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

define full body 3 + define arms and back

the one thing I hate about apps is not having a way to make notes about a workout. This one is push up and tricep dips and not a good one for me I end up subbing 3 or so exercises out of 10 which leaves me why am I even doing this?

ebianco - lol I was complaining about the same thing on the same workout the last time you checked in LOL! hope the baby shower was fun. glad your baby likes the special food. I'm struggling to sort out a feeding issue with my horses - it's so much work to get their diets right glad you have something that's working.

waves lucie & buzzer!
Old 04-15-23, 08:39 AM  
Buzzer

Hiked up hill with trainer... DONE!

OK, this one was hard. The highest incline was 25%, and most of the workout was at 15%. I walked with him for a while, however there were 2 times I took a total rest for 30 seconds, and another 2 or 3 times where I knocked the incline down to 10% and stayed there for a while! It was just hard. My heart rate was up to the mid 150's, and it was hard. Did I say it was hard???

I was debating doing this series again, however I think I will do an easier (I can't believe I think it will be easier) running series then go back to this one. Give my body a break! Plus I don't want to burn out on the hiking, and right now I can see I will be burnt out if I do much more of it. It's just not very motivating to hike and have to take so many breaks, even at 1.8 mph speed. I need something more motivating! I will go back to this though and see if I've improved.

I have been super watching what I eat, plus the running, lifting, sleeping (even if it's zzzzquil sleep), and whatever else I've been trying to do, and I feel like I have slimmed up a bit. which is weird, it'll be the first time in probably 10 years I have been able to! It's been a chore, however I have found what is working for me that I can sustain for the long haul. I have protein powder, and I have noticed that when I am sipping on a protein drink I eat WAY less. So I try to have at least 1, but usually 2 a day and sip it through the day. When I feel hungry, I reach for it first and I eat less when I get to eat. No more snacking while I cook. And I am cooking more. I am tired of feeling bloated and having the spare tire. I think it's working! Fingers crossed!!

I won't count on DH noticing, ha! I have had bra line length hair.... probably since we met 17 or 18 years ago. Thursday I got it cut to just above my shoulders. DH hasn't noticed.... actually only one person has! That was a friend yesterday. I guess I was wearing it in a pony tail so long, people didn't even notice my hair. I kinda like it this length, because I was doing nothing but pulling it back and now I am wearing it down. It isn't making me crazy anymore!

I was tired of sitting in a chair and having to lean forward and look down so I could move my head without pulling my hair, it was hot in the summer, and I could never get it to look right. So I am pretty happy chopping it off!

Today will probably be P90X shoulders and arms again, however I am thinking of looking through my collection and finding another upper body. I took out my Barres when I thought I was doing a barre, and lined them up in front of the mirror where I put my current rotation. Since I am trying to avoid too much legs right now since it kills my running (until I get stronger at running), I need to put away the barres and get out my weight workouts today. Time to rotate my rotation!

LB just has sparring and prep cycle today, so no other plans. She will have to play with kids in the 'hood if she wants to

We got some snow, just enough to be annoying. I think most of it melted when it hit the ground. Maybe an inch of snow is all. Enough to get rid of fire danger for a bit though!!!

Eventmom: So far pared down schedule has been good, although it's only been like 2 days Tomorrow is completely open, then Monday we are indoor skydiving (can't pass that up!) then the rest of the week is just the essentials. It's kinda scary, but also feels good!!

Ebianco: I totally get not having 7 dogs. My DH does stuff like that too, makes decisions then somewhat walks away and leaves me holding the bag. He gets irritated when he gets a new whatever... sewing machine, business idea, bat and ball.. whatever... and I say "oh good. Now I have to teach her how to do this". He swears he will do it, and I end up having to do it. He wants her to learn the stock market and investing, and guess who has to teach her that now, on top of everything else. Plus he has her starting a business, and got her a sewing machine for Christmas. So I totally get the 7 dogs. They are all good things, all good dogs, and you wouldn't give them up. All the things he wants me to do for her are good and I agree they are good. It's just.... a lot. Many I have no idea about myself! ugh. Husbands. They are lucky we catch what they fumble.

I can't believe, on top of everything else, you went traveling for a baby shower! HA! I hope it was fun and relaxing though. Nice to get away. Plus new babies!!! I love new babies. As long as they aren't mine. I am enjoying sleeping! I hope you get to go and hold the new baby when it's born. Such a nice, relaxing feeling

Hi Lucie!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-23, 03:42 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - define full body 4 - that's all rode my horse and cleaned stalls.

I actually slept 6 hours!

buzzer - snow in april yuk. Yeah on the toned down schedule. I need to get mine toned down. My hair needs to be cut but I can't seem to actually set up an appointment. I started cutting it myself during covid but now I think I need HELP. I took over DH's hair and he's rolling with it - I do okay it's not like he does anything fancy!

hi ebianco and lucie!
Old 04-17-23, 07:47 AM  
Buzzer

P90X Back and Chest.. DONE! (my way)
Hiked with trainer in the Alps.. DONE!

I really modified P90X. I didn't do any pushups, just chest presses in various ways to mimic what he does. I didn't do any pull-ups, however I used the band and weights. It was OK, but I could have worked harder. I just didn't! It was good though.

The hike was good. The max incline was 15%, and quite honestly it was a much. more doable hike. I didn't have to hold on NEAR as much, and I didn't have to stop becuase my heart rate was sky high. Just when I would be getting too tired, the incline would go down. The last about 5 minutes was a decline, so he jogged. It felt really, really good. My heart rate was up to about 155, however it didn't feel like it. I felt like I was running downhill. Well, not really since I was at an incline, however the cardio feeling was like that! My legs were tired the rest of the day though! I have been sloooooowwwwly working on clearing out the shed. Yesterday DH asked to take an hour and we got the shelves that were in there broken down and taken out, plus some of the summer stuff, camping stuff, and some book boxes. LB looked in and commented how big the space it! I agree. She wasn't excited before when I told her she could use the shed when it's cleared out, so I said I would take it. I'll put a comfy chair out there and read. She said nope, she'll take it!! HA! It is a nice space. Probably the size of a bedroom but it does get hot in the summer and cold in the winter. So it's limited use.

I'm sure as she gets older she will want to put a bed in there and make it her bedroom. HA! We will see! Right now she just wants it for a clubhouse for her and her friends.

Today I am doing a 30 MTF workout, as we have to leave the house at 9am. So quick checkin anyhow since I have to go get to it.

Eventmom: Paring down the schedule will be easier after this week! CC is done! I am really happy for that. We still have other school to do and complete, however this frees up a ton of time for us! The only way I schedule haircuts is because she comes up here to us. if we had to go somewhere, I'd be way more lax about it. Adding in drive time and going into town is a pain. I am not good with appointments at all.

Hi Ebianco and Lucie!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-17-23, 02:33 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

sara ivanhoe crunch fat burning yoga

omg no way could anyone burn fat with this workout. Sorry Sara - I love lots of your later workouts but nope it's already listed on swapadvd.

buzzer - the shed sounds great and you've said your house is really small so any extra space even part of the year will probably be enjoyed. My schedule is not pared down yet but I've only got 2 more content nights on this course, one night of them presenting after that YIPEE!

hi ebianco & lucie!
Old 04-18-23, 09:06 AM  
Buzzer

The Firm Upper Body..DONE!

So I think that I did P90X shoulders and arms last time instead of chest and back. I remembered as I was doing the Firm becuase my muscles were feeling it like they had been worked before recently! Then I remembered, I did P90X Shoulders and Arms, and used 12 pounds for every exercise except lateral delts and anterior delts, where I used 5's. The Firm reminded me of that! It was like exercising with old friends though. It's been a while since I did a firm workout, and there was Susan, Kai and Janet all waiting for me. They even said exactly what I expected them to say! It was so nice. I loved it! It reminded me that I can do the classics and just do the upper body or just do the lower body, and get a great workout. Since I was feeling my muscles I used 12, 10 and 5's as my weights. I loved it though.

I had a quick workout day because i took LB to "IFly" where she got to do 2, 1minute flying times in a giant air tube! It was so cool. The flying time was short, but she LOVED it. When one of the guys working there asked her if she's ready to jump out of a plane now, she said very forcefully "NO". So I"m glad I don't have to worry about that! They also did a great science lab about flight, made some parachutes and had a contest to see who's parachute fell slowest, then put some items like stuffed animals, different types of balls and a water bottle into the tube and the kids had to guess which would fly first. So it wasn't just fly and be done, it was lots of fun stuff and LB had a great time. She learned a TON and I'm sure she will remember this one!

Then she had to get working on her final project, and today is final project work all day. Plus violin, because I looked at our calendar and we have 12 days until her recital, and we are not ready AT ALL.

Tomorrow is final project day, so we will have that done. Whew! We have no more plans for the week other than martial arts, so we have plenty of violin time! It's just a lot right now. Tomorrow is our last big, long day with the last day of CC!

I was so happy to get in my workout though. Today I woke up late, and I am going to do another hike with Tommy Rivs. I am down to the last hike or two, and I am kinda happy about it! This one is supposed to be a lot of incline, up to 35%, and average 15%. I might take the inclines lower, since last hike that averaged 15% I felt like I got a lot more out of it. I feel like the inclines over 20% I am holding on too much to make it worth it. Maybe when I am fitter and don't have to hold on so much.

Eventmom: YES. EVERY bit of space helps! I am kinda bummed I told LB she could have the shed. my workout room (current) will be knocked down, and I will be in a common area in the garage. DH has kinda taken over the garage as his, which is fine. It's a garage, not very comfortable. So I guess in a way, it's OK because if LB has the shed, DH has the garage, I'll have the house. I can live with that. I will have the most comfortable area! I will have to talk to DH about walking in and out while I am working out. I like having at as "me" time, undisturbed. I even get disturbed while I am showering. LB always has questions or something to tell me. He walks around and into my workout space while I am on the treadmill. It bothers me, that's me time where I can make noises and look awful and not worry. So we will have to talk when I am officially moved out there
congratulations on being almost done there!! YAY!!!! Hope it's going well!

Hi Ebianco and Lucie! Are you still with us, Lucie?
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-18-23, 10:31 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

barre amped strengthen and stretch - the lb and ub stretch chapters

buzzer - I work out in our living room, dh does his stretches in another part of the living room. It's not optimal but it's always been my only option so I guess I'm used to being interrupted although he tries to keep it minimal. When dd was little she sat on the couch while I worked out - she would occasionally correct my form (she was like 6 LOL). But I'm sorry you are losing your workout room.

hi ebianco and lucie!
Old 04-20-23, 09:09 AM  
Buzzer

rest day yesterday.. DONE!
ran downhill with trainer!!!.. DONE!

I had a great run!! I ran 4.7mph, which last time killed me and left me unable to run for 5 days. This time, I felt great! My heart rate was 155-160, which is amazing! Usually at 148 I am sucking wind and ready to stop. Having the day off always gives me a great run. We ran downhill, which of course is so much easier. Most of the run was at a minus % grade. There was one uphill, and I walked it. It was short so i ran about 2 1/2 miles! Felt so good. Yesterday was a rest day. LB had her final project due in CC (and last day of cc!), so I woke her up early for that. Then we went in early to hear this music guy that was supposed to be so awesome. However, all he was was a band teacher showing the kids his instruments, then the kids who could play an instrument showed off playing it.

So LB and I went to get a drink while the other kids did their foundations, then we came back for the egg drop where the kids, including LB made an egg cover that could withstand being thrown from a ladder. LB's egg was one of the last 2 that wasn't broken! The kid tossing the eggs literally had to chuck the eggs hard to finally break them. So bubble wrap works very well!

We had a pizza party, then she did her final presentation. Her tutor told her she "knocked it out of the ballpark". She was a rat dressed up as a plague doctor. We waited until right before her presentation to put her plague doctor mask on, thinking everyone would know right off the bat what she was. She did her presentation, complete with props... she carried a "doctors bag" with vinegar, wine, lavender, "boys wee", and flowers. That was some of the cures and rituals the plague doctors used. At the end, when she said "Who am I?" everyone sat there. Crickets. We were so worried people would guess right off the bat, and no one guessed!!!

After everyone found out what she was, there were REQUEST FOR HER TO DO HER PRESENTATION AGAIN! So she did. She stayed for an encore. One of the ladies said she wanted her to redo her presentation again so she could hear the information knowing now what she was. About 10 people stayed to hear it again, and they sat there fascinated. LB did an amazing job!! She had some really great information.

So LB did amazingly well on her presentation, then she had violin group. So we were gone all day. It was exhausting, but I am so proud of her!!

Today we have to start hitting violin and martial arts hard. She has two deadlines coming up... a concert and a weekend of testing... that we have to get through. Plus the laundry room/pantry room guy has returned! So we have to go look at flooring for the room. So much to do today. We do have the day mostly off... horse lessons, and this evening she has to do martial arts.

It's so nice having the presentation out of the way. One less thing on our plates. I would say a big weight is gone, but it has been replaced with the weight of violin and martial arts!

Eventmom: I hate being interrupted during my workouts! It happens a lot, however I try to stop it from happening. I have zero time in my life that is guaranteed free of interruptions. I even shower with the door unlocked becuase someone has to use the restroom, or LB has a question or wants to tell me something. DH interrupted my run today to crack a joke, and since I had the big fan on, the trainer talking, and I was focusing forward since I'm on a treadmill... I had to pause the run, turn to him, and listen to him crack a joke.

I told him, I thought gently, afterwards that I wish he would only interrupt me if it's an emergency. I just need, even half an hour, of time that is uninterrupted where I can focus on me. Sorry you got interrupted! Ugh. I just need the me time to relax, not have that "I can't fully engage because I need to be aware someone might need me" time. I wish I had more of it! I am very much an introvert though. I can do the extrovert time, however I need to recharge or else I just crumble. I am learning though, through having a family, that I don't get to recharge so I need to figure out how to push through.

Hi Ebianco and Lucie!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14

Tags
fitprime just right