Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-22, 03:47 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.6 day 8 + 20 gina b walk

ebianco - I think you're dh heart attack wins most stressful for the year. That would be awful. And my car crash was in a dually truck - I didn't even get the body work done LOL. But that's how the year has been stressful but survivable. We still don't have a finished bathroom. sigh. thanks on dh surgery - it should be out patient so we are very happy about that. Hope you were able to enjoy your own party!

hi buzzer hope you all had a great xmas!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-22, 08:39 PM  
Buzzer

TA Perfect Design Series 1.. DONE!

I am suddenly back on TA. I know I can't be on a TA kick for long, because it isn't good for my low back. I remember getting some pains from her. However, I am not doing 10 in a row of the same exercise, which I think leads to the imbalances. I am skipping around. I liked this workout! Her arm workout and standing abs are way weird and hard to follow, so I do my own thing. The rest is really good! I didn't do crab walk with the leg crossing over and out thing, because I can't stay in crab walk that long. So I put my arms behind me, sat on my tushie, and did the leg work. It was still work!

Tomorrow is a treadmill workout again, probably in Croatia or Spain or some place I wouldn't see otherwise... I love it!

I didn't work out for christmas. We did bum around and watch some christmas movies though!

sorry I had to leave so abruptly yesterday! LB was so excited for Christmas. She helped me do the Santa footprints on neighbor's walkways during the night. She had a blast! It felt like we were creeping around... which we were. it was fun though!
Ebianco: I think I agree, the biggest stress of the year was your DH's heart attack. That stressed me out and I wouldn't know him if I passed him on the street! However, I feel like I know him somewhat from what you say. Eventmom you get second runner up with your DH, bathroom remodel.. the accident! I forgot about that. Ugh.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-22, 12:22 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

floor barre + 10 min Christi spice dance workout as a warm up.

I got my covid booster yesterday so I decided to take it a bit easy today. DD came by to help test some meds for her pony and helped get dh's stuff back in his closet.

buzzer- PD 1 is a travel favorite of mine all you need is a mat! I think I do the same mod for the leg cross over. On TA, when I tried glutecentric I definitely had low back pain and had to give up. I'm okay with hip - but if she puts you on your elbows then had you do tons of kick up yep low back pain for sure. I'm trying to do 10 reps but I take my day off and lately add a day of something different in the middle. Also with her streaming she changes things every week so I figure 6-7 of a level are enough.

hi ebianco!
Old 12-27-22, 01:04 PM  
Buzzer

Beginner "jog" in Times Square New York... DONE!!

This was fun. It was supposed to be a walk, however I kicked it up and did 4.2 mph for the 32 minute walk. So a very light jog, but it was fun! I am disappointed in my speed, however I am just getting back into it, and it is only my second jog for 30 minutes in years. I have been doing walk/jogs and walks since I got back into it. It was fun! I know Times Square isn't for me. So many people! He also did a little stint in Central Park, and even that there were people everywhere! I couldn't live in New York. I visited it in probably the mid 90's, and it was fun. I just couldn't do it anymore!

So I took a progressively colder shower this morning to get my muscles so they don't lock up, or get too sore. That usually helps so I don't have to take tomorrow off. I am looking forward to my workouts and my jogs lately! I love that. For a while I wasn't necessarily looking forward to them, just enjoying them. This rotation is reminding me of years ago when I would fall asleep thinking of the next days workout and being really excited to wake up and do it. Last night I was thinking of the jog I was going to do, and debating if I wanted to do that or a barre. I love that! Totally forgot I used to do that.

Yesterday LB had friends over to watch a movie and play, so I spent the time coming up with food for them (it was over dinner time, so I did cut up pears, cheese, cheese smokies, crackers, blueberries.. stuff we had left over from Christmas). It was fun! I didn't get much done, but it was fun.

Today we are meeting friends. Plus we are watching the violin teachers cat, so we will go there and LB is reading a book to the cat. And to me, by default!!

I got a vacuum for Christmas (don't worry, I asked for one! I would buy a cheap vacuum, however if DH buys it, he will buy me a good one!). It has an attachment to groom the dogs! It's like a brush with the hose attached to it so the hair goes right into the vacuum. I am so stinking excited about it! That's how I know I am an adult. Things like this make me happy! I no longer have to clean up as much dog hair. When we groom them, there's hair everywhere. Now I can groom them and get on with my day! So excited!

Anyhow, Eventmom: I agree with the TA analysis. I think after about 6 times of doing one level I was getting bored. I need variety! I remember people saying if you get back pain with TA, to brace your stomach more. However, if I recall, that didn't work for me. I like variety anyhow. I think TA PDS2 was my "skinny workout". After I did it, I always felt a size smaller. I think that's the one with the chair. I might do that tomorrow. I need to get rid of Christmas puffiness!

Ebianco: I hope your party went well! I can't believe you got 3k steps just from cleaning! Wow. We are expecting snow on Wednesday, plus NYE, plus two days later... tis the season! I love it though. And I hate it. Mostly I hate the cold, not the snow!! HAHA!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-28-22, 01:12 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I really, really didn't feel like working out today from being tired and eating crap the last few days, but no real excuse (sickness, injury) so I decided to just do 30% and then if I felt like it, to do 50%, and I ended up doing 50% which I was really happy with! Iron Day 16, hamstrings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knrm...xymJ2&index=16). So basically I stopped right before all the hamstring hip thrusts started. I mean, I'll be doing them on Friday anyway LOL. Hopefully I will both eat cleaner today and feel less tired tomorrow. The tiredness is real I've been sleeping very deeply since Christmas!

My Christmas day party was pretty good, not everyone came as intended but all the kids came and they really enjoyed their big pile of presents (from everyone not just me!) Then the next day I had my sisters and their kids back initially thinking we'd watch a movie but we ended playing board/card games all day which was really fun! To be honest, even more enjoyable than Christmas day LOL! And many leftovers were eaten at the second party which was awesome. I had a LOT of dessert leftovers and had even more leftover the third day, and ate more and regretted it, but then trashed the rest. I wish I would have trashed everything immediately after the second party but at least it's all gone now! And hopefully a quiet work week before another long weekend for New Years!

Eventmom Car crashes are very stressful to me even if you didn't damage the car. My driving confidence always takes a dent (no pun intended haha) and takes a long time to recover.

Eventmom and Buzzer I think I've done that modification too, in PD or even in Linda/Barlates workouts which I think I've seen it in! I also agree about 6 times or so being enough on one level. I get it about repetition but I need more variety!

Buzzer Haha I hear you about being excited about a good vacuum, and I've also wondered about vacuuming the dog directly and sucking up the dog hair (for DH's big hairy dog that sheds), let me know if you find it effective!
Old 12-28-22, 03:45 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

20 min Caribbean Workout Yoga, rode in a clinic, did my 20 min resistance stretching.

buzzer - I try to do each level 10 times just to get my $ worth, also sometimes I'm working up to the 30 reps and don't get there until say day 9 LOL. It's so sweet that LB reads to the cat and that vacuum sounds amazing!

ebianco - your xmas parties sound super nice both days! The car crash was stressful b/c I had to drive like 8 more hours to get home, with snow/ice coming down at different times. I didn't go anywhere near the speed limit it was sucky.
Old 12-29-22, 04:10 PM  
Buzzer

Great Weighted Workout... just the arms and abs.. DONE!
Jogged on treadmill on a beach in Australia... DONE!

The GWW was fun!It was definitely more of a barre/P57 type arms rather than a weight lifting arms. It was fun though. Very shoulder intensive, or maybe that's just how my body works. Light on the biceps. The abs though! Woof. I got through them, but they were intense! I loved it! With warm up and cool down, it was about 45 minutes.

Today I did a tempo workout on a beach in Australia. It was only 20 minutes, so silly me thought that I would go up in speed for the tempos. I did 4.2mph for the first warm up, then the first tempo, which was about 3 minutes, I did 4.5 mph. I have been doing 4.2, so really just .3 mph faster, right? I did great for a bit, however I eventually realized how much just .3 can make a difference!!! I ended up pausing the workout to walk around a bit twice. I pushed through, however on my rest "jogs" I did 4.0 instead of 4.2. It was like a 3 minute push then a 90 second "rest". 20 minutes was a long time today!! I did jog a bit more at 4.2 on the final 10 minute "cool down" though. So I probably ran about 22 or 23 minutes total. Some hard, some easy. About 2.1 miles today! Well, according to the treadmill. I don't know how much I really did.

Anyhow, we were supposed to get maybe 5" of snow last night. We woke up to 14"!! So DH has been out all morning plowing people out. LB is supposed to go up with her Aunts and Cousins and spend a few days with them, and DH said earlier he would take her for me (since it's snowy and I am not a good snow driver anymore!). Well, he's still out. I can't get ahold of him. I have been texting a ton and tried to call, nope. So it's just wait. LB was getting impatient, luckily a neighbor asked if she could come over and play in the snow, so she is there. Still waiting. I guess she will make it up there, however I am glad she is playing with friends instead of just sitting with me, waiting. So frustrating.

Eventmom: Yeah, I used to try to keep up with her reps, however now I just get the move, then look elsewhere so I focus and do it right rather than trying to keep up! That makes it hard when she changes the move, because she's not good at cuing that. But it makes it easier for me to actually do the move right instead of just doing it!

Ebianco: The vacuum is nice! I used it on Eugene, and it did get a lot of hair. Mostly it brushed it. There wasn't a ton of hair in the vacuum, however enough that I felt like it was worth it. I wanted buckets of hair in there... just like I get when I actually groom them!! HA! However if it makes clean up and grooming easier, I'll take it!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-29-22, 04:58 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA level 2.6 DAY 10! DC 1.3

tomorrow we leave early for dh surgery so I'll do something short, not sure what.

buzzer - that's A LOT of snow! GWW - I had that one but purged it at some point, it's like 80 minutes to do the entire thing right? so I never did it much. So I just popped over to her website - she still sells dvds but now offers live online classes - I had no idea! but makes sense for her to move in that direction.

hi ebianco!
Old 12-30-22, 11:37 AM  
Buzzer

TA PDS2.. DONE!

THIS is my "feel like I lost a size" workout! I love this workout. I do think it was easier than the last time I did it. I remember struggling a LOT, and this time I didn't. However, I did not put my foot on the chair and raise it off the chair, then put it in front of me while in a half plank. I did it without the chair and raised it only as far as I could. This workout has zero arms in it, except when you use them to hold you up in some of the moves. It was so good though! Great abs and hips. I do love it!

Yesterday we took LB up to my sisters' house, and she is spending the time up there until NYE. I have a day to myself! I have to check the cat she is pet sitting, and go get stuff to make the food I need to bring and gift for NYE. So not really to myself, however it's a quiet day with no small child responsibilities!I know it sounds weird, but not having someone to be responsible for all day is nice. I don't have someone constantly around to talk to, to try to get to do things, to entertain, to follow me around... I can just sit and think if I want to! So great!

The roads around here are crap, however in town they were just wet. So today I have to go into town, I will wait a bit and hopefully they will be better up here later this afternoon.

Eventmom: I think I like Karen Voight, but not enough to buy more of her workouts. I bet if I get really wanting a new workout, and the lack of new workouts coming out, I might go back and revisit that statement. However, right now, I am happy without her other workouts. so I will not even go look! HA! I might get tempted then. I am sad she went to streaming though. I am just not loyal enough to one instructor to subscribe to one.

Ebianco: I have the chance to buy Pure Barre Essential workouts, and I can find NO reviews! However I did see in a thread that you have them. Are they worth it?
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-30-22, 01:34 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I took an unplanned rest day yesterday because of feeling blah, eating more crap STILL, and being tired, and lazy. No good excuses...today I got back to it with the workout I would have done yesterday, Iron Day 17, complete upper body (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UFv...xymJ2&index=18) which I really liked. I still didn't feel like working out today but knew I didn't want to disappoint myself again and pushed myself to do it, and it was great. I liked this one with the tricep staple sets because it felt more like an Epic Heat workout, faster sets (the staple anyway was only 30 seconds, rest of the work was the standard 60 seconds). And the workout hit chest, back, shoulders, and triceps, so to me it wasn't technically "complete" without the biceps but she's hitting those on Sunday. I initially wanted to do some of Day 18 too, to catch up to today, but I didn't want to when it came down to it and that's okay. So maybe tomorrow or else I'l just skip day 18 (glutes).

Eventmom Congratulations on completing 10 days of your TA level!!

Buzzer Personally I don't think the Pure Barre Essential workouts are worth it - but it depends on what your'e looking for. They're designed to be more beginner level workouts. I didn't realize that when I bought them, or else wouldn't have! But I still use them occasionally. There is a Pure Barre "Foundation" workout on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_n8adK1mmQ&t=2489s) that isn't the same exact workout as the Essentials but basically the same thing, I think with the same instructor in fact.

I positively LOVE Great Weighted Workout, it is one of my all time favorite DVDs, especially the arm section! Generally I prefer heavier weights for arms, but the burnout from this workout is real, and generally well balanced (I agree very shoulder intense however). The lower body and abs chapters are also great, Karen knows a thing or two about endurance work for sure! I think this is her best DVD, along with Energy Sprint on the cardio side of things. Her other DVDs are okay but I didn't think they were as magical as her GWW workout which I love everything about-music, retro setting, advanced workout.

I'm glad to hear the vacuum was worthwhile for the grooming!

Tags
fitprime just right