Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-23, 08:49 PM  
Vantreesta

I finished up my January jump rope challenge yesterday. I did 21 workouts in only 10 days, but they weren't consecutive. But I figured my body could use an easy day today so all I did was day 8 of Yoga with Adriene's Center challenge. It worked out great bc today was Melt so it was gentle and restorative.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-23, 09:56 AM  
Sissy B

Vantreesta - You’re doing great! I still haven’t gotten back on track, but I am going to work on that.

DH & I are at the condo. DD drove over for the weekend. We’re doing a Harry Potter themed Escape Room at the library this afternoon and then we’re going out to dinner tonight for DD’s birthday dinner. Her birthday is actually in January, but this is the first time we could all get together to celebrate.

I hope you have a great weekend!
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-23, 01:51 PM  
Vantreesta

We got home yesterday afternoon from up north. We spent the wknd with my father-in-law and then headed over to a favorite place for a couple days of snowshoeing. We did 5.32 miles on Monday with a fair amount of bushwhacking so it was a pretty exhausting day. The snow depth was somewhere around 18-24". Tuesday we stayed on a trail that was already well-used. We did 3.9 miles on that. Normally we like to get off trail some but we were kind of beat up from the day before so not totally sad to just stay on the trail. It was a new one for us and it was beautiful. Then after a rest and some food at the hotel room we went back out and did a 3.84 mile nature walk. It was a multi-use paved trail but it was snow covered so we still wore snowboots but didn't need snowshoes. It was more hilly than expected. It was mostly in town but still got to see lakes and lots of trees. We had considered stopping somewhere on the way over there on Sunday but decided we really just felt like getting to town and the hotel. We also had thought of doing smthg yesterday before we headed home but I made the call to just come home. Hubby doesn't workout at all and was pretty beat up. I didn't want to keep pushing him. It was so good to get Cyric back and sleep in our own bed last night. I really do wish we could just pick up our house and move it up there, though. If we did, Cyric and I would be doing that town trail many times a week!

Saturday morning I did day 13 of Bird's 2022 30 Day Yoga Challenge. It was only 5 minutes but with the headaches I had over the wknd I was just happy to do smthg, esp since I wasn't at home. Sunday after we got to the hotel I did day 14 of that challenge as well as Adriene's Yoga for Migraines.

I haven't been productive yet today and honestly just want to sit around with Cyric but I need to get a few things done at least!

Sissy, how was the escape room?

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-09-23, 04:29 PM  
Sissy B

Vantreesta - The escape room was a lot of fun. I had reread the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban to prepare since it’s the book it was based on and it has been a while since I had read it - it’s my favorite one in the series, but this one was still harder than the Stranger Things room they did a few months ago.

DH went back on night shift tonight. I went and got my hair colored and cut today.
Old 02-09-23, 05:34 PM  
Vantreesta

I love the idea of escape rooms, but I'm always afraid I will feel stupid so I've never done one.

Old 02-09-23, 06:10 PM  
Sissy B

Those are the only two I have ever done, DD has gone to an actual escape room and this was DH’s first time doing one. I felt the same way before we did the Stranger Things room but I actually held my own and solved several of the puzzles both times.
Old 02-15-23, 04:21 PM  
Vantreesta

Sat 2/4 5 minutes UP NORTH
5 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -5 Min Morning Yoga for Beginners | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 13, YT) 1st time

Sun 2/5 29 minutes UP NORTH
8 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -10 Minute Yoga to Start the Day | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 14, YT) 1st time
21 minutes (from Yoga with Adriene -Yoga for Migraines, YT) 1st time

Mon 2/6 212 minutes UP NORTH
200 minutes (from snowshoeing 5.32 mi with hubby at BHLSP)
12 minutes (from toe yoga and foot mobility)

Tue 2/7 236 minutes UP NORTH
144 minutes (from snowshoeing 3.9 mi with hubby at DLT)
92 minutes (from 3.84 mi nature walk with hubby at TT)

Wed 2/8 6 minutes UP NORTH
6 minutes (from 1 dog walks .51 mi) very slick

Thu 2/9 35 minutes
35 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.51 mi)

Fri 2/10 72 minutes BABYSITTING
17 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 10 Energy, YT) 1st time
7 minutes (from Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 10-pontoon pose, YT) 1st time
7 minutes (from B. Johnson Heart & Bones Yoga -Legs Up the Wall: Relaxation and Mobility for Tight Hips, YT) 1st time
29 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.92 mi)

Sat 2/11 20 minutes BABYSITTING
20 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.44 mi)

Sun 2/12 69 minutes BABYSITTING
31 minutes (from A. Carlson Yoga for Wimps) 1st time
26 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.75 mi)

Mon 2/13 34 minutes
22 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.48 mi) felt like a zombie today after 3 overnights with the kids & not sleeping well!

Tue 2/14 0 minutes
15 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 11 -15 Minute Morning Yoga Stretch for Lower Back Pain RELIEF, YT) 1st time
9 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 11 -Barre Workout for Toned Thighs & Booty, YT) 1st time
23 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 11 Rinse, YT) 1st time
15 minutes (from Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 11-banasana pose, YT) 1st time
0 minutes (from 2 dog walks _ mi) kind of--rained all day, skipped 2nd walk and he bailed on the last one

I'm getting over feeling discombobulated, I think. I had Wed night, all of Thu, and Fri till 5 PM at home then began three overnights watching our friends' kids. I watched them from like 6 PM-8 AM then drove the 40 miles or so home and spent time with hubby and Cyric and showered and then drove back, repeat. The kids were fine and I was glad I could help but I slept lousy. Then Mon night I had grief group so Cyric was really feeling off. I didn't think to close him in the room with me during group and hubby said he just paced. Poor pup. Yesterday was an AM vet appt and then it rained all day so we were off track all day. Today we didn't walk till almost noon bc after a few days of melting and then rain all day yesterday the sidewalks are pretty much sheer ice. Grr. So we did a short walk with real feel of I think -1. The streets were slick but better than the sidewalks so we walked there. We'll attempt another one shortly but there won't be a 3rd today bc I don't like walking in the street after dark.

Old 02-23-23, 01:36 PM  
Sissy B

I haven’t been sleeping well lately. Our weather here is crazy and my sinuses are going nuts as a result. I had to turn the AC on last night to make it cool enough in the house to sleep. I can’t decide what I want to cook or eat and of course I need to go to the grocery store. I have to have a plan because we live out in the country and the nearest decent grocery store is 30 minutes away. But I just can’t seem to get it together.

I’m going to stay with DD at her apartment next week and we’re going see an off-Broadway production of Hairspray. Weather permitting we’ll also be going to some college baseball games while I’m there.
Old 02-25-23, 11:03 PM  
Vantreesta

My sinuses have been bad lately too, Sissy. It's so annoying. Some nights I have had to sleep in the recliner so my head is more elevated. Enjoy your outings with your daughter! I am jealous about the baseball games, but I was so happy to listen to my Twins today! Yay for spring training!!

Old 03-22-23, 04:49 PM  
Vantreesta

I got home from AZ a few hours ago. I unloaded the car, texted a little and then took a nap. I'd like some more nap, please! Gotta go walk Cyric and get back into the swing of things. Hubby might be disappointed I'm not cooking tonight but he'll love the cookies I baked to bring home for him. I will go to bed decent tonight and hopefully sleep like a log. The hotel I stayed in Monday night was a dump plus didn't make me feel the safest. Thankfully Cyric was with me but I still slept in my clothes and the TV and one light on. I was up at 5 yesterday to get out of there as soon as I could. Last night was a fabulous room and I slept okay but I stayed up till 11:00 so didn't sleep long enough. The trip takes me like 30 hours so I'm looking forward to doing little to nothing tmrw!