Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-23, 07:45 PM  
Sissy B

The Christmas trees came down today. It was definitely time to get the live one out of the house. It didn’t shed a lot of needles while it was up, but as I was taking the decorations off of it today the needles were really falling off. And I could tell it had really dried out at this point. I’ve also packed up the Nativity and started packing up the Nutcrackers.

My plan is to go through my Christmas decorations and declutter and reorganize them. We have so many ornaments I could decorate several trees and probably still not use them all.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 11:17 PM  
Vantreesta

I did yoga on Wednesday and Thursday and then last night before bed. I've been working on undecorating a few hours a day but Saturday I did my New Year's Eve celebration that was postponed bc of the trip for the funeral. I watched 5 movies, ate my traditional junk food and wassail and sat around in leggings all day with my hubby and dog. (Only I was wearing leggings, just to clarify. ) I thoroughly enjoyed it but also am glad that's not my every day life! I watched the ball drop on the real NYE with my aunts and uncle but I had recorded it so I had it set and watched it drop again on my fake NYE. I had done all my nerd-out stuff (spreadsheets and stuff) ahead of time anticipating being gone so at least those were ready for Jan. 1. Today I spent 90 minutes in the dentist chair for two fillings, one on each side so my entire mouth was numb. I couldn't feel my tongue at all and apparently I moved it in the way and he accidentally nicked it. Can't say that feels too great! I won't be eating peanut butter till it heals since it hurts to move my tongue around enough to get things unstuck. Had to get groceries after that and was pretty worn out after all that. The head/neck pain from having my head tipped back so long was pretty draining. Tonight I had grief group so I'm pretty much done in for the day!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-23, 12:40 AM  
Vantreesta

I just finished day 1 of Adriene's Center 30 day yoga journey. So relaxed now!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-12-23, 11:39 PM  
Vantreesta

Thu 1/12 118 minutes
6 minutes (from 1 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
15 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 2 -15 Minute Morning Yoga - Lower Back Stretches That Feel AMAZING, YT) 1st time
15 minutes (from L. Sansone WAKE UP & Walk! Week 10 | Walk At Home YouTube Workout Series | Mini Dance Walk & Stretch, YT)
7 minutes (from C. Donnelly Strong Knees -7 Minutes to Save Your Knees)
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT)
25 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 2 Listen, YT) 1st time
37 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.82 mi) still so icy!

Old 01-13-23, 11:55 AM  
Sissy B

Vantreesta - Way to go getting back on track with your workouts.

I’m at the condo. I drove up yesterday with the dogs and I went to a play at the community theater last night. I really don’t have any other plans while I’m here but I’ll spend the weekend since DH is working nights.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 12:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Sissy. I have to keep reminding myself, one day at a time!

Glad you got to go to a play and you have the dogs for company while your DH works nights. I'm pretty excited-yesterday I bought tickets to see Buddy Guy!! I've wanted to see him for so long and we didn't want to miss out on the chance like we did with BB King.

Old 01-14-23, 11:57 PM  
Vantreesta

Fri 1/13 145 minutes FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
16 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 3 , YT) 1st time
16 minutes (from L. Sansone WAKE UP & Walk! Week 11 | Walk At Home YouTube Workout Series | Mini Boosted Walk, YT)
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
13 minutes (from Dr. Bri 13-Minute Pelvic Floor Release, YT)
18 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 1)
24 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 3 Shift, YT) 1st time
35 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.96 mi)

No workouts today. Hubby and I spent most of the day in our office sorting, shredding, throwing, reorganizing and moving in a new file cabinet. There's still a little left to do but we accomplished a lot.

Old 01-18-23, 10:44 AM  
Vantreesta

Mon 1/16 15 minutes
9 minutes (from 1 dog walks .73 mi) rain, slush, ice...ugh

Tue 1/17 93 minutes
15 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 4 -15 Minute Morning Yoga for Neck and Shoulder Pain RELIEF, YT) 1st time
14 minutes (from L. Sansone WAKE UP & Walk! Week 12 | Walk At Home YouTube Workout Series | Mini Fast Firming Series, YT)
7 minutes (from C. Donnelly Strong Knees -7 Minutes to Save Your Knees)
11 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 2)
10 minutes (from Jump Rope Dudes -At Home Jump Rope Recovery Yoga, YT) 1st time
30 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.54 mi)

Sunday we were at our friends' all day so sitting most of the day. It's been so icy here that our walks have suffered. I'm trying to keep up the decluttering momentum we kicked off on Saturday.

Old 01-26-23, 12:06 AM  
Vantreesta

Wed 1/18 37 minutes
10 minutes (from taking down outside Christmas lights that were frozen to the bushes and ground)
27 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.83 mi) still icy

Thu 1/19 103 minutes
10 minutes (from 1 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
16 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 5 -15 Minute Morning Yoga Workout - Lose Weight & Boost Metabolism, YT) 1st time
19 minutes (from L. Holden 5-Day Qi Challenge 2023 Pre-Challenge Bonus Routine) 1st time
28 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 4 Root, YT) 1st time
30 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.08 mi) 4+" of snow on top of the ice today

Fri 1/20 33 minutes
33 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.52 mi)

Sat 1/21 135 minutes
20 minutes (from L. Holden 5-Day Qi Challenge 2023 day 1) 1st time
15 minutes (from C. Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT)
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
16 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 3)
18 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 4 active recovery)
6 minutes (from Ice Queen Marija -Jump Rope Cool Down Stretches, YT) 1st time
39 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.59 mi)

Sun 1/22 26 minutes D&D DAY
26 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.94 mi)

Mon 1/23 134 minutes
20 minutes (from L. Holden 5-Day Qi Challenge 2023 day 2) 1st time
7 minutes (from Jump Rope Dudes -My Personal Warm Up Before I Jump Rope, YT) 1st time
16 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 5)
13 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 6)
13 minutes (from Dr. Bri 13-Minute Pelvic Floor Release, YT)
55 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.26 mi)

Tue 1/24 60 minutes
10 minutes (from 1 session toe yoga and foot mobility)
50 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.23 mi)

Wed 1/25 163 minutes
14 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 6 -15 Minute Morning Yoga Stretch for Upper Back and Neck Pain RELIEF, YT) 1st time
20 minutes (from L. Holden 5-Day Qi Challenge 2023 day 3) 1st time
5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
22 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 7)
6 minutes (from Dr. Bri 5-Minute Pelvic Floor Release-Relax Pelvic Floor Tension Fast, YT) 1st time
16 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 8)
18 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 9 active recovery)
52 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.38 mi)

Old 01-28-23, 12:37 PM  
Vantreesta

Thu 1/26 173 minutes
16 minutes (from S. Light 5 Best Tennis Elbow Exercises-Follow Along, YT) 1st time
00 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 7 -15 Minute Morning Yoga Stretch & Meditation for Anxiety RELIEF, YT) 1st time almost all meditation so not counting minutes since meditation counts for wellness but not for workouts!
14 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 10-jumps only)
20 minutes (from L. Holden 5-Day Qi Challenge 2023 day 4) 1st time
16 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 11-jumps+pushups)
13 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 12-jumps+abs)
27 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 5 Hug, YT) 1st time
20 minutes (from heavy lifting and stacking Christmas tubs in the closet)
37 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.71 mi)

Fri 1/27 136 minutes
17 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 8 -15 Minute Morning Yoga Flow - Wake Up Feeling INSPIRED, YT) 1st time
16 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 13)
17 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 14)
20 minutes (from L. Holden 5-Day Qi Challenge 2023 day 5) 1st time
22 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 15)
18 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 16 active recovery)
16 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.28 mi) it was cold and windy and Cyric didn't want full walks

I only have till the 31st to finish this jump rope challenge and then it's only available to people who pay for the app. I would normally not do so many in a day but I really want to finish it! I have realized that one reason I like jumping rope is bc it's both mindless and mindful at the same time. It's mindless in that I don't have to worry about choreography and it's mindful in that I can't let my mind wander or I will get off rhythm and trip. I listen to music but I have to focus on the rhythm of the rope and that keeps me in the moment, from my mind wandering. It's been very meditative for me, besides being a good workout. When I run my mind wanders and sometimes that's a good thing but I'm really loving jumping rope for this reason. That being said, on Wednesday I am planning to only do yoga to give my body a little rest!