Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-22, 02:37 PM  
Sissy B

I did some kettlebell swings last night and my shoulder protested. It has triggered a migraine today. I need to start using the Mountain Pose Series DVD from The Ultimate Yogi again to see if that will help.

DH went back to work today. After this 7 day set he’ll be off until January 12th.

Vantreesta all the goodies you’ve made sound wonderful. And when you make the chai tea truffles from your new cookbook I would love to know how those turn out. DD wants to try baking some breads and other goodies when she gets home.

DD and I went to see The Nutcracker with my MIL when DD was little. DD loved the Rat King. I actually have a couple of Rat King nutcrackers in my collection.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-22, 12:32 AM  
Vantreesta

Fri 12/16 115 minutes
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S7E17 Wilderness Paradise, TV) 1st time
9 minutes (from Up to the BEat Fit -HOLIDAY EDITION! A Merry Mariah Dance Cardio Warm Up! 10 Mins of JOLLY Movement!, YT) 1st time
8 minutes (from B. Johnson Heart & Bones Yoga -Yoga for Thoracic Spine mini class, YT)
11 minutes (from PT strength exercises)
11 minutes (from L. Brooks 21-Day Squat Challenge warmup + day 12)
23 minutes (from Laura Wells Fitness --20 Minute Unwind and Relax Full Body Stretch, YT) 1st time
29 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.14 mi)

Sat 12/17 34 minutes
6 minutes (from 1 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
28 minutes (from 3 dog walks 1.96 mi)

Sun 12/18 83 minutes
22 minutes (from VF Zoom get together -Essentrics led by JackieB)
26 minutes (from VF Zoom get together -Body Pump led by Anne ots)
16 minutes (from VF Zoom get together -barre & stretch led by GarrieA)
19 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.43 mi) real feel this morning was -21 so we skipped that walk, I was concerned about his feet being too cold

We got about 4-5" of snow this week. It's so beautiful! I'm glad it got all pretty before it got frigid. Yesterday I had a relaxing day. I read a little, crocheted a little and then fell asleep. Today I joined the VF Zoom get together. There weren't very many of us but it was fun. I was nervous bc I'm just that way but I'm glad I did it!

Sissy, I hope your migraine didn't last long. I love the UY Mountain Pose Series! I always thought it would be good to do on a lunch break when I was working but I never did. I'll let you know how the chai truffles are when I get to make them. I haven't been able to control myself with the goodies in the freezer so I'm gonna have to take a break till I can get it together! That's cool that you have some Rat King nutcrackers. My mom and I both collected nutcrackers. I have way too many! Hers are still standing in their living room window where she put them her last Christmas.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-22, 12:20 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I had lunch with my friends, rescheduled from a couple weeks ago when one was sick. It was really nice. I didn't get home till almost 4:00 which is walk time so I didn't even unbundle myself, just got Cyric ready and walked. It was already snowing pretty hard. Sidewalks were a little slick but the temps felt so nice. We are in the deep freeze for a few days now. We have a wind chill watch from 6 PM Wednesday through noon on Saturday with expected wind chills to 40 below and a winter storm watch from noon Wednesday through 6 AM on Saturday. They're saying blizzard conditions with 55 mph and now 4-6" of snow, downgraded from 6-10" expected. We are definitely having a white Christmas!

I never got in a workout yesterday but we did get in 3 walks. The real feel this morning was -21 so we only did the shortest walk.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-21-22, 12:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Well, I'm impatiently waiting for the snow to start. So far not a thing. They're now saying 5-8" so who knows. We have a winter storm warning in effect until noon tmrw, a blizzard warning from noon tmrw till 6 AM Saturday and a wind chill watch from 6 PM tmrw to 9 AM Saturday.

We got in a walk this morning when the real feel was -18. Last night was just too cold. RF was -26 when we tried and even my eyeballs were cold. We could maybe have done just a bit more but it freaks me out very badly to be out at night with frosted glasses when I can't even see my hand in front of my face without glasses so fear had more control on that one than cold. They frosted over today too but it's not quite as scary in daylight. Anyway. I'm hoping the snow actually starts soon and doesn't last past tmrw afternoon so people are able to do their traveling for Christmas. Next wknd we're supposed to get freezing rain. I'm hoping to take Cyric snowshoeing after the snow and it gets above zero next week.

I had to run to Aldi and HyVee yesterday and both were just nuts. I'm sure it was partly bc of the coming blizzard and partly last minute stuff for Christmas like I was doing. It was not much fun. By the time I was in line at HyVee my stomach was rumbling and I was starting to not feel well so I ended up buying a Butterfinger. I had to get gas at their station at the end of the parking lot and had the candy bar half gone already by the time I got over there (where I saved 37 cents/gal with fuel saver, BTW!) and finished it within minutes of getting back in the car. I felt guilty but not sick anymore!

Before I ran errands I did an episode of Happy Yoga that wasn't a chair practice. I'm surprised how sore my obliques are from it today! My biceps and especially triceps are still sore from the Body Pump session on Sunday. After I got back home yesterday afternoon I made grasshopper torte.

Old 12-21-22, 12:43 PM  
Vantreesta

I wonder if this check in is worth continuing at this point? I mean, I would like to keep it going but I've somehow ended up in 6 check ins (not counting the Sadhana one that isn't all the time)! Sissy, I don't know if you would be interested in joining one of the other ones? Here are the other ones I'm in:

Getting Buff http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=233579
Add 'em up http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=233588
Crone Cronies (this one is a weekly thread, the others are monthly) http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=233700
Every Day in... http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=233632
Total Max Mixers http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=233646

Otherwise I am fine continuing with this check in for us and in hopes that the other girls may return at some point.

Old 12-21-22, 04:27 PM  
Vantreesta

I did an episode of Happy Yoga With Sarah Starr earlier and a little bit ago I did a Christmas cardio workout on YouTube. I'm still hoping to do Kassandra's solstice yin practice later but I just found out my great uncle was put in hospice and I'm not feeling much like anything now. His wife just passed in January from pancreatic cancer. I feel so sad for all of us but especially their kids and grandkids. Maybe he can make a turnaround.

The snow finally started a few hours ago. It looks like a snow globe. So pretty.

Old 12-22-22, 01:47 AM  
Sissy B

Vantreesta - I would prefer to keep checking in here for now even if it ends up being just the two of us.

We won’t get snow, it’s too far south, but we are going to be under a hard freeze warning the next few days. I love snow, but everyone in the south panics on the rare occasion that it does snow.

DD came home Saturday. After DH got off work we went and had Chinese for supper and then went and got a Christmas tree. Sunday DD and I went to the Lucky Rabbit. We went Monday and placed our seafood order and then went grocery shopping. Yesterday she had an eye exam and she wanted me to go with her. Today we went to the aquarium and ended up doing the Dolphin Encounter. She did a summer internship there in 2021 so she enjoyed getting to see some of the people she had worked with.

DH is on vacation, he’ll go back to work January 12th. We may go to the movies tomorrow afternoon. We want to go see Violent Night with David Harbour as Santa Claus. And we still need to decorate the tree. We’ll pick up our seafood order on Friday morning and go and get any last minute groceries that we need.

I’m so sorry about your great uncle. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Old 12-22-22, 08:48 AM  
Vantreesta

Sissy, sounds good, we will keep this check in going!

You always sound so busy! I love that your daughter wanted you to go to her appt with her. You guys sound as close as my mom and I were.

I haven't looked outside yet today, just got up a few minutes ago. I'm not sure how much snow we've gotten. I think the snow should be about over and the blizzard conditions hitting. The current real feel is -37 and doesn't look to get any better all day so we won't be able to go for our walks today. I'll have to spend some extra time playing with him to get him some exercise.

Thank you for thinking of my family. My uncle is in his 80s and has had a good long life, but it's still never easy to let someone go.

If we don't post again I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and special times together!

Old 12-25-22, 12:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Merry Christmas, Sissy!

Old 12-25-22, 02:03 PM  
Sissy B

Merry Christmas!!!

I hope you’re having a wonderful holiday weekend.