Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-22, 07:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! I enjoyed three back to back Jason Stephenson meditations just now. It started with a chakra alignment with singing bowls and then YT flowed two more in a row, which I didn't argue with.

Yesterday was just a low key stroll at the beach as the sun set. It was more for head clearing and meditation than fitness.

Pam, thank goodness you're well enough to keep the travel plans. You trip sounds fab! Bringing Ellen along is a good idea. I also love Yoga Tone.

Cyana, that was adorable! Thanks, I needed a smile.

Paine, I dropped the insurance on DH's car and that's a nice savings! $$$ With me working FT time though, he's going to have to find his own jalopy. I can't do online shopping for the same reasons.

Margot, we saw that storm headed your way while praying some of it would bring us water. I'm sorry you suffered damage from it. I'd love to visit that Roman amphitheater! The King of Wessex in the Vikings serial - Ecbert - had a big hot spring bath left by the Romans. He conducted all his parliamentary meetings with the men sitting around naked in the Roman bath.

Good morning to Beth, Sandra, and anyone who joins us today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-22, 10:37 AM  
cyana

Happy Week-end! My refrigerator and freezer are stuffed after going to the farmer's market this AM. It looks like we may have unsettled weather this afternoon - I'm thinking it will be a good time to do some yoga/qi gong/Essentrics/meditation.

I'm a bit cranky, as my boss never put out the schedule for next week's meetings, so I'm not sure when or how many I'm expected to participate in. Which means I didn't get to schedule some appointments I'd hoped to make. I'm a wee bit frustrated at the lack of consideration since I agreed to set aside some time during my week off to participate. He left the office at noon, so it wasn't like I could give him a nudge yesterday afternoon. Grrrr.

Pam - My lettuce guy just returned from Covidville. His wife (a teacher) got sick first, and eventually the entire family (including their 2 month old) had it. Everyone is fine. Safe travels next week - can't wait to hear about your adventures. I think Jeanne Moos has a great job!

Pat - Starting the week-end with meditation and singing bowls would definitely work for me. Perhaps some singing bowl therapy this afternoon will make me forget about my irritation with my boss.

Margot - Leaky skylights are a pain - been there and done that with our first home. It can be really difficult to locate the actual source of the leak, too. Ugh, doing taxes would definitely make me grumpy! Whoa - those are impressive zucchini - enjoy!

Paine - It was really difficult for me to let go and let someone else pick my produce when ordering groceries. Some days I still scratch my head when I end up with massive potatoes from the Whole Wallet. DH and I will very likely go to one vehicle when one of ours croaks. You should be able to drive your Subaru for many years - they're great cars.

Time to throw some brunch together.

Waves to Beth, Sandra, Carolyn and anyone else who pops in. I wonder if Garrie is drowning at the bookstore since the students are returning to school.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-22, 11:02 AM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Today's workouts:
- ETV Meg Standing & Floor. I love the outdoor setting.
- 10 minute Standing Ab Workout (Body Kind Fitness). Thanks to Sherry for mentioning this YT channel. The music was upbeat.
- 1 hour walk in the hills

I'm working through Lee Holden's live classes, which are available as part of the 5-day challenge, so plan on doing another tonight.

Paine - Thank you for mentioning that Hamelin has some YT videos. I may check him out when I feel like a challenge.

Cyana - I loved the clip. Did you also see the bear ringing this lady's doorbell in SC? You deserve to be feeling cranky, especially when you're supposed to be on vacation.

Pam - What a relief that you didn't have to cancel your trip. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your stay in Brittany. We met up with some French friends in St Malo years ago and promised ourselves we'd return some day to explore the area a bit more. Ellen's great for gentle movement but I like that she also has some of her older workouts on her site, for those days when you feel like doing a bit more. Not that I've been tempted to push myself much lately to do them!

Pat - Your meditations sound blissful. I hope you did catch some of that rain during the storm. The Viking serial sounds like it would be fun to watch. I haven't been to the Roman Baths in Bath for years but I do remember that the waters are quite smelly from the sulphur. Drinking the water is supposed to be good for your health but I thought it tasted disgusting.

Waves to Beth, Sandra and all.
Old 08-20-22, 12:50 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is functional fitness with batch cooking, laundry and house cleaning.

Pam, travel safely and have fun on your trip!

Cyana, thank you for the CNN funny.
My sister has had good luck with getting her groceries delivered but she doesn't buy the large quantity of fresh produce I get every week.
Are you able to email your boss?

Margot, these are my 2 favorite Hamelin upper body workouts:

Armatics Taster uses no weights and is 12 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn6E...melinD%27abell

Here is Hamelin's Classic Arms & Shoulders which uses no weights for the first 6 minutes and then uses light dumbbells for the rest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLp2...melinD%27abell

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-22, 03:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Saturday all! I taught yoga at the studio this morning, and class went quite well - I got several nice compliments. I stopped at the nearby farmers' market after and bought tomatoes and basil, so we're having pasta for dinner - what the pizzeria where I worked in high school called "Summer Spaghetti."

My left side of my back/QL area has been bothering me now that I'm sitting more being back at work. I tried this YT video today:
https://youtu.be/0goK2B4zSHY

I really liked the moves, but she went so fast! I definitely wanted to hold the poses longer, especially the floor stuff. I might steal some of her poses and do my own video.

Sandra, I had been doing a bit more CS but now I've been remiss again - Essentrics with Sahra would be a nice option. I didn't know that they had stopped making the Honda Fit; it's a cute car!

Pat, wishing your DH good luck with his car search. My dad actually bought a car the other day - I was kind of surprised that he purchased a brand new vehicle (at his age, which I feel guilty saying). Your meditations sound very soothing!

cyana, hope you escape the meetings next week as well as you escaped the travel!

Margot, clearing up from storms is tough; I'm sure you are exhausted! Yes, as Paine said, Hamelin is Hamelin D'Abell, the guy who exercises in front of the mirror with no cueing (although he does cue in some of his workouts).

Pam, I hope you are almost 100% by the time of your Europe trip! Sounds like you have a good recovery plan. Are you mainly going to France or other places too?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-22, 10:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~ETV: Ellyn’s live last week
~Ellen’s Yoga Pump
~Somatic Exercises to Relax & Release - Day 1 Flexibility Sequence for Lower Legs - This is a 15 day course with Sadie Nardini on Daily Om, 8 sessions, each is one exercise & 15 min. I am interested in exploring somatics, this exercise had similarities to PNF. I hope to incorporate some of it into my classes. Not sure how many I’ll do when I’m away as some need props.

Beth - We are going to northern France for 17 days, Brittany & Normandy. Then we drive to Italy near the Cinque Terre for two weeks, then back to Paris & home. We will be away about 6 weeks.

Margot - We are staying in Saint Brieuc & Saint Malo is on our list of places to visit. I’m really looking forward to it, we love France!

Cyana - Sorry about your inconsiderate boss!

Pat - Those meditations sound lovely!

Waving to Paine & anyone else who stops by!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-22, 09:48 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam that sounds amazing!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-22, 10:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning friends, happy Sunday! We're having another broiler of a day here.

I couldn't do much yesterday. I'm on a new RA med and trying to adjust to it. Every little thing makes me want to lay down. I did accomplish:

~ Lee's live Qi Challenge class
~ Ellen's 7-Day Workout Challenge Day 7 - Zen Stretch
~ 2,489 steps

It wasn't a usual Lee Live, more of a 20 minute qi taster and sales pitch. It was still fun to "be" there with him virtually. 482 people attended from across the globe! Our favorite qigong master must be rolling in dough.

The Zen Stretch, which I'd been looking forward to, was just a meh. I ended up liking five of the 7-Day Challenge workouts except for the vacuous ballerinas.

Pam, a six week vacation, holy smokes! What wonderful sights you'll be seeing.

Beth, I love pasta served that way with fresh summer tomatoes and basil. If I have them, I toast up some pine nuts in a skillet to sprinkle on top.

Margot, oh I did not realize the baths were sulphuric - I bet they are cleansing and healing, if you can stand the odor.

Cyana, how can your boss expect the staff to prep for a week of meetings with no schedule? What a bum.

Good morning to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-22, 04:06 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a rest day.

Pam, what a fantastic vacation you have ahead of you! Travel safely and have fun.

Pat, I hope you adjust to the new medication soon. I'm sure the hot weather doesn't help your fatigue.

Beth, how do you make your sauce for your "Summer Spaghetti"--is it cooked or do you just have the tomatoes and basil raw?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-22, 05:57 PM  
JustSandra

Mean old 500 Error after typing my nice long post!

Anyway, a lower body day.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, kassandra reinhardt