Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-23, 08:06 AM  
buffmama

Hero Day 9 Upper Body. Did a slightly longer pilates class so I skipped the cardio.

Wendy - You are not alone. I paused today for kitty vomit.

Erica - I'm doing pilates primarily with my neighbor right now. The first few times I was nervous, now it's just a matter of me planning the classes. After I got a better idea of what she could do it was much easier. I still find though that I want to close my eyes at times and go into my own world. I'm working on it.
Old 03-07-23, 06:26 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- M. Briehler- 40 Min. Low Impact Standing Core w/ Pilates Floorwork

Erica- Lol! Kayleigh sensed what workout I needed! I did find a few options on YT even though that combo isn't common. I hope to fit that in tomorrow.

buffmama- That's great that you are teaching a neighbor. I can understand wanting to get into your own groove with the workout and not being able to since you are focused on someone else. I'm sure if you saw me doing pilates you would think my form is atrocious- I don't do pilates often, but sometimes I try.
Old 03-07-23, 06:46 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy - I know Tiff and Dan have at least two chest/back workouts. I've done one many times because I really like it but haven't tried the other one yet. Caroline has them too. Chris and Edi have a chest/back block on Build Series - Day 24. I have one to try from Heather and also Alex Crockford. Chest/Back are my favorite upper body muscles to train and I have a whole bunch listed to try in the future. This is the Tiff/Dan one that I've done many times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MmdNkYULmk

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-23, 07:51 AM  
buffmama

Jasper MacDermot Hero Day 10 Legs & Core - 34 min
MrandMrsMuscle Cardio HIIT no. 54 - 10 min

Wish Jasper had a little less core and more legs in this one.
Old 03-08-23, 06:44 PM  
wendug

I decided to work my legs today as my triceps are still a little sore from Chris & Edi the other day. I did CG- Epic Heat Day 47- Supreme Superset Leg Workout. I used to HATE bulgarian lunges, but now I actively seek out workouts with them. I think this exercise is really shaping up my legs nicely. I then added on RC Fitness- 10 Minute Bodyweight Only Cardio HIIT.

buffmama- I noticed Jasper's leg workouts have core in them often. If he adds core, I wish he would make the workouts longer to hit more of the legs, too.

Erica- Thanks for mentioning the Chris & Edi full body that has a section on Chest/Back. When I did a search, full body workouts didn't show up. And I have previewed that Tiff & Dan workout. Chest/back is my plan for tomorrow.
Old 03-08-23, 07:11 PM  
Erica H.

Today was the same as the one I did a little while ago - Epic Heat Day 8 back/biceps plus Kaleigh's Upper Body & Abs Workout | NO REPEAT up until the abs.

Wendy - I'm going to have to do that Caroline workout sometime soon. Do you do the 1 1/2 reps on RDL? I don't like them and just do full reps. I try to do Bulgarian lunges regularly but never feel like I'm doing them right and always go light to try to keep my form correct. When I watch my kids do them I'm always amazed at how good their form is and how heavy they go. My daughter said she gets really wiped out doing them with heavy weights.

buffmama - Sometimes I'll just avoid workouts that have too much core in them and other times I'll just substitute something else for those sections. Either an entirely different exercise or I'll just do more sets and/or reps of whatever came before. I'll be doing that tomorrow with a new to me Daniel PT leg workout.

Erica
Old 03-08-23, 09:07 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post

Wendy - I'm going to have to do that Caroline workout sometime soon. Do you do the 1 1/2 reps on RDL? I don't like them and just do full reps. I try to do Bulgarian lunges regularly but never feel like I'm doing them right and always go light to try to keep my form correct. When I watch my kids do them I'm always amazed at how good their form is and how heavy they go. My daughter said she gets really wiped out doing them with heavy weights.

Erica
Erica- I did do the 1 1/2 reps on the RDL on this workout. However, there have been other workouts where I had to drop to 1 dumbbell for the 1 1/2 reps because my lower back was spent from other moves. It really depends on the workout and how much the lower back is taxed. For bulgarian lunges, it took me a while to figure out the placement of my foot on the bench to be comfortable. Once I got that down, I'm able to lift heavy on these. You are smart to go lighter if you feel you aren't doing them right. Even unweighted is good to try different foot positions and see what works for you.
Old 03-09-23, 11:01 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did Daniel's 40 min Kettlebell LEG Workout ( No Repeat | Intense | Strength Focused +ABS ). It was a good workout but I probably won't do it again. I don't have kettlebells and I had to change quite a few exercises so I could use dumbbells instead plus I didn't want to do abs so always did a different exercise for the ab work (I think it was three leg exercises followed by an ab exercise for each block). I also did the first three exercises from Vera's 30 Min LOWER BODY Home Workout | Toned LEGS and GLUTES Straight Sets with Dumbbells. I think this is the one Wendy mentioned the other day.

Wendy - I'm sure my issue with Bulgarian Lunges is foot placement. Actually,I suspect foot position - I do it with my toes down instead of the top of my foot resting on the bench if that makes sense. All of my kids do it with the top of their foot on the bench and I need to try that. It never seems as comfortable to me. I definitely go light and/or with no weight when trying different things with that move. Maybe I'll try the 1 1/2 RDLs when I do the Caroline workout you did.

Erica
Old 03-09-23, 11:35 AM  
buffmama

Today was kk Military HIIT 37 min and MrandMrsMuscle Lower Body HIIT no. 28 10 min. Kk's workout was easier than I expected but I also wasn't going super fast.

RE: Bulgarian's it's not uncommon that I do them with the top of foot on the bench/couch. I've seen them done both ways and I did it regularly this way when I hurt my toe. I think on your toes it may help with balance. You can also try having one DB on the side of the front leg, that will also help.

RE: 1 1/2 RDL I don't do them. I do regular RDLs, I just don't think the benefits outweigh the risks/discomfort. Caroline must have a very strong lower back because even her ab work bothers me, so I no longer do it.

Wendy - MrandMrsMuscle did something to their channel since I've done most of the lower body hiit and they aren't marked that way any more on YouTube.
Old 03-10-23, 08:17 AM  
buffmama

Hero Day 11 FB got the heart rate up. I woke up early and have an earlier start on Fridays - that's my excuse anyway for skipping cardio.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts