Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-23, 06:24 PM  
wendug

Angela- I'm so sorry to hear your dad has Covid. Hopefully he can get medication so it can be knocked out quickly. It sucks being ill, but it sounds like you are on the road to recovery. And it is best to rest right now so you don't make your illness last longer. Hugs!

Erica- Sorry to hear your friends' dog is still missing. And that is awful that the dog at home is sad, too. He misses his bud.

Today's workout- KCM 1st 30 MTF Stepboxing- Workout 1 + extra kickboxing drills. I added on KCM's Kickboxing with Light Dumbbells from Body Design. I love, love, love this as an add on. 15 minutes that jumps right in to the drills and thoroughly works the core.

Hi buffmama!
Old 02-11-23, 07:40 PM  
buffmama

Today I did pilates with The Girl with the Pilates Mat and then Jasper's Cyberpump Hamstrings + Glutes. I'm thinking about doing the upper body push + pull workouts but then would only get back + chest in once a week. Doing upper, lower, cardio seems to make more sense. And what you all count metabolic workouts as? Is it generally enough strength work to count for strength with a side of cardio? Maybe I'm overthinking it but Wendy just got me picking up heavier weights.

Angela - Hope you and your dad are better soon.

Erica - Glad your son is well. That is so sad about your friend's non-lost dog crying.
Old 02-12-23, 09:29 AM  
buffmama

After spending 40 min last night looking for an upper body workout I liked I realized I just need to repeat the Cyberpump upper body workouts as I finish the lower body workouts. Today's was simply titled Upped Body.
Old 02-12-23, 10:15 AM  
Erica H.

I had a great workout today. Iron Day 10 back/biceps and the first half of Jasper's Chest, Shoulders & Triceps | Killer Workout! (my first Jasper!). I'm glad that Wendy recently posted about going lighter on Iron with the long work periods because I didn't go as heavy as I would have and it was a good choice. And I loved the part of Jasper's workout I did. I'll do the second half of that workout later in the week when I do the Iron workout again.

Angela - I'm sorry about all the stress. I hope your dad is treated and recovers well from Covid. That's awful about the parent - definitely not what you need when you're sick and stressed. I feel like things have fallen apart for me since 2017 - just one thing after another.

Wendy - glad you had a good workout!

buffmama - I end up spending way too much time overthinking things when I'm planning out my workouts sometimes.

I think this is a cool story but it's long so I'll try to keep it short. My oldest son and his gf moved to DC just over a year ago. Totally unplanned and unintentional - another son and his gf are moving to DC just down the street from them due to gf's new job. It's a four minute walk between their apartments! They could have ended up anywhere in the world but will be living less than 1/4 mile from each other!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-23, 06:18 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- CG- Epic Heat Day 32- Giant Killer Upper Body Workout. I have done this workout before, but it was quite a while back. It's a nice upper body workout, but my hands don't like the third giant set with chest press, diamond press, flyes, and pushups. Doing those first three moves together with no rest bothers my hands. I do better to give them a break between these moves. Otherwise, a great workout! When I finished, YT recommended CG's UNWIND 20 Min. Full Body Stretch, so I added that on. I know I skimp on stretching sometimes so this was a soothing addition to my strength workout.

Erica- Glad you like the Jasper workout! It's nice to have more options for instructors. That's fantastic your kids will be so close to one another! Moving to a new city is hard so having someone so close is awesome!

buffmama- From what I've read, metcon workouts are considered strength & cardio. You're supposed to go heavy with these workouts along with mixing in cardio to rev up your metabolism. I read these types of workouts started with Crossfit, but I don't know how true that is.

Angela- I hope your dad was able to get some medicine to help him get over Covid.
Old 02-13-23, 05:02 AM  
gigi

We talked to the COVID Prisma Hotline and because of the new strains they no longer do the anitbody treatments. His symptoms have been like a bad cold, no fever, breathing fine. He is getting better and sounded really good last night.

I started working out again today. I decided to start over with Hero. I did a WU from an Upper Body CyberPump, then Hero Day 1 including DC, then I went back and did the CD from CyberPump.

He asked for suggestions for upcoming workouts and he is definitely going to be including a WU and CD in each workout. When Cyber is over, he is planning an 8 week Hero 2 to include one day of a HiiT/Crossfit style workout. His fitness ideologies really resonate with me. My word this year is consistency or habit, not how long can I go or how hard is the workout. I hope you all have a great week!
Old 02-13-23, 10:26 AM  
buffmama

Cyberpump Lower BodyKiller Quads & Core today. I didn't expect to like it based on the name, but I did. Looking forward to the last few I have to do. I also looked at nourishmovelove's unilateral workouts - those look good! I'll do those before Hero and pick out some workout of her's.

Erica - So nice when the family stays close.
Wendy - You just want me to use my heavy weights! . So many of the moves in a metabolic workout you really can't go heavy with, but I will take another look.
Angela - The body is a wondrous thing - glad your dad is on the mend. The w/u + c/d set Jasper's workouts apart from the crowd - glad to hear he's keeping them. Looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.
Old 02-13-23, 10:50 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Wendy - You just want me to use my heavy weights! . So many of the moves in a metabolic workout you really can't go heavy with, but I will take another look.
LOL! I'm noticing a trend that lots of instructors are calling workouts "metcon" when they aren't. Remember when HIIT was the hot workout and instructors called everything HIIT? Will we see lots of metcon workouts on YT now? You are so right that some of the moves are too fast to really go heavy. That's why I preview a workout before trying it.
Old 02-13-23, 11:27 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did Heather Robertson's DAY 23 // Lower Body Strength HR12WEEK 3.0 and the leg portion of Kaleigh Cohen's 30 minute Legs & Abs SUPERSET. Liked both a lot.

Angela - what a relief that your dad is doing okay. One of my sons had cold symptoms last week and I am wondering if he had Covid and didn't know it. He did test but I don't think the at-home tests are all that accurate and have a lot of false negatives.

Wendy - I notice a lot of workouts that aren't metcon are labeled that way too.

buffmama - glad your workout was good!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-23, 07:49 PM  
wendug

I had a late workout today as I had a friend visiting. She brought her dog so our pups had a doggie playdate too.

Today I did KCM- Sculpting Rx workout 2. I couldn't even remember this workout it has been so long since I've done it. It's basically a light weight high rep cardio workout with compound moves. It isn't my favorite Kelly, so maybe that's why I couldn't remember it!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts