Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-23, 09:41 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did Chris and Edi's Beastmode Back and Biceps (again).

Angela - hope you are feeling better. Thinking of you.

Wendy - too funny about your dream with the dumbbells! That kickboxing workout looks good. I keep the volume very low when I do my workouts because it's so early but I notice there's a lot of talking in the nourish move love workouts and she seems to talk very fast!

buffmama - I prefer splits too. I saw Jasper posted an upper body pull workout today that looked good. My tendon is fine now after the surgery but I have nerve impingement from the surgery and they need to figure out what is causing it and treat it before it causes nerve damage. I am scared I'll need more surgery. It's driving me crazy because it's so annoying and uncomfortable - I'm ready to chop my leg off below the knee.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-23, 08:05 AM  
buffmama

Jasper Cyperpump Upper Body. I liked this one less than the others but it was a good workout. It may be because I did a growingananas HIIT and Move with Nicole pilates prior. The HIIT had a lot of upper body work.

Wendy - Time for me to add in some cardio and give some muscles a break. But I'm sticking with the heavier weights.

Erica - Ouch on those medical bills, especially when you're in pain. I hope you get some good news soon.

Angela - Waves.
Old 02-09-23, 11:03 AM  
Erica H.

My workout was a mess this morning. My son in Indonesia messaged me during my workout to ask if we could set up a video chat in 45 mins. DH was still asleep and I didn't know if he had a morning meeting scheduled so there was just a lot of back and forth and we agreed on 9am. I ran up to take a shower and my son canceled the phone call while I was in the shower with no explanation. They are 13 hours ahead of us so I don't know if I'll hear from him tonight and we'll try again tomorrow or not. I don't mind missing my workout but I didn't even get to talk to them, so that was frustrating.

Anyway, I did part of Fuel Day 6 Quads, which I was just meh about and part of Silas Hesterberg LOWER BODY METCON WORKOUT // WEEK 4, DAY 4, which I liked.

My friend's dog has been missing since Monday night. I thought for sure he'd be found by now but he hasn't been. He broke through their invisible fence. I feel so bad about it.

I've been stress eating like crazy and am mad at myself about that.

Okay - lots of venting done...

Erica
Old 02-09-23, 06:32 PM  
wendug

Yesterday I took a rest day, although it didn't feel like it. I gave both of my dogs baths, which then involves a deep cleaning of the bathroom. Of course I have to wash all the dog bedding because those are dirty and now the dogs are clean. But my dogs aren't stinky anymore and their fur is so soft!

Today I did CG Fuel Day 1- Legs. It is a tough, but good workout. I finished off the workout with RC Fitness- 20 Min. Low Impact Cardio. A nice way to add a little additional movement to the day.

Buffmama- It's nice to add in some cardio for a break. I lift heavy, but usually alternate days of weights/cardio. If I do too many weight days in a row I end up feeling overworked.

Erica- That stinks that your son cancelled his video chat. Hopefully you'll get the scoop from him soon on how he is doing in Indonesia. I've been previewing some of Silas' workouts but haven't done any yet. They look good- even his HIIT workouts (meaning not too crazy hard). And that is awful about your friend's dog! I would go nuts if either of my dogs went missing. Hopefully through social media someone can track him down.
Old 02-10-23, 11:45 AM  
Erica H.

Today was Chris and Edi's CST again - Day 17? I can't remember but it's the one Wendy liked too. That's a tough one - it was tougher for me today then the first time I did it but maybe I was just more tired.

Wendy - that sounds like a full day with giving your dogs baths and all the laundry/cleaning that went with that. They must feel and smell so good. No leads on my friend's missing dog. They've posted all over social media, contacted the police depts. and dog wardens/shelters in multiple counties, put up signs,etc. There's even a lost pet site for the state that has posted the info. My friend's mom is worried someone found the dog and is keeping it (it's a black lab) but I don't know.

Talked to my son and his gf on a video call in Indonesia this morning! Technology is amazing - they are 10,000 miles away!

Erica
Old 02-10-23, 01:15 PM  
buffmama

Today was an intermediate pilates workout from Move with Nicole, a 24 min Tabata by growingananas, and a meditation from Yoga with Tim (I just keep repeating the 7 day challenge).

Erica - Sometimes people take pets to local vets to check for chips. That might be another place for your friends to contact. Glad you got to chat with your son.

Wendy - Who's Silas? And should I be looking at those workouts?

Angela - Looking forward to hearing about workouts when you get the time.
Old 02-10-23, 01:22 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Wendy - Who's Silas? And should I be looking at those workouts?
Silas Hesterberg- https://www.youtube.com/@futureproof_silas

I haven't done any of his workouts yet, but they look good.
Old 02-10-23, 06:49 PM  
wendug

Today was another Chris & Edi upper body workout- Day 20- 40 Min. Total Arms Workout. I wanted to do this since they have isolated forearm work at the end, which I've never done before. meh. It didn't seem very effective. I'll skip this one in the future.

Erica- Happy to hear you were in contact with your son. That must be tough with him so far away! Sending positive thoughts that your friends' missing dog is found.

Happy Weekend everyone!
Old 02-11-23, 09:31 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did a similar workout to the one I did on Thursday. Part of Fuel Day 6 Quads (did two circuits instead of three - still meh about this one) and all of Silas Hesterberg LOWER BODY METCON WORKOUT // WEEK 4, DAY 4. Last time I did the Silas workout I stopped at the last/third circuit and that turned out to be my favorite one so I'm glad I switched things around a bit.

Angela - hope you are feeling better and your week went well.

buffmama - good idea about the vets.

Wendy - that's too bad about the Chris/Edi workout. I do feel that some of their workouts aren't as effective as I'd like. Last time my son was in Indonesia it was hard because he got very sick. So far he's happy and healthy so all is good.

No news on my friend's dog. In addition to them all being sad, their other dog is crying a lot. The dogs were littermates and have never been apart.

Erica
Old 02-11-23, 04:40 PM  
gigi

Just a quick check-in. My 85 year old dad has COVID. We are trying to see if he can get treated with anti-bodies. I'm better but I am tired and it has settled behind my eyes. I took my last antibiotic today. I have worked on assignments and napped today. I really miss working out. My stress levels are a little bit elevated with my dad being sick, my sister (long story - I love her but there are unresolved issues and it's coming to a head with the way she is treating me when I'm asking her about dad), and a nasty parent at school. For me 2020, was nothing compared to 22/23 so far.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts