Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-23, 06:31 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Chris & Edi- Build Day 3- Back & Biceps. Went heavy with this workout, but realized I need 2 lb. wrist weights that I can quickly put on and take off for bicep work. I can do 20 lb. hammer curls, but only a few 20 lb. regular curls before dropping down to 15. If I had wrist weights to add that little bit more for the biceps to help me get up to 20 lb that would be great. I have wrist weights that are probably 25 years old and they have a complicated velcro system to put them on/take them off. I think it is time I need to upgrade them.

Erica- Too funny that you had a dream about Chris Pesci! Surprisingly I have not had any fitness dreams that I can remember.
Old 01-12-23, 05:06 AM  
gigi

This morning I did Natacha's 20 Minute HiiT Workout and julia reppel's 10 Minute Morning Mobility. Both were fantastic workouts.

My life is workout, get ready, commute, work, commute, study, bed. Hopefully this weekend I can catch up with you!
Old 01-12-23, 09:11 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did Daniel's Squat Marathon with part of his Lunge Marathon. I love both of these.

Wendy - how did you like the back/bicep workout? My wrist weights are like yours - too much of a hassle to take on and off quickly. I have 1 lbs and 5 lbs. My 3 lb. ones are easy but my daughter has them at school with her. She has gotten really into weightlifting and texted me last night that she did bulgarian split squats with 100 lb. dumbbell! She's staying with her brother for a couple more days until she goes back to school and they've been going to the gym every day. She's really going to miss having a workout buddy and spotter.

Angela - I hope you get a chance to rest/recover on the weekends. I assume you have Monday off?

Hi buffmama!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-23, 06:43 PM  
wendug

I've been lacking in cardio this week, so I did M. Briehler- 35 Min. Kickbox Burn. This is another workout of Michelle's that has a "low impact" banner on the YT pic, but it definitely isn't low impact.

Erica- I can't fathom how your daughter can do a bulgarian split squat with a 100 pound dumbbell! How do you even hold it, or does she rest it on her shoulder? That's great that she is into weightlifting and can train with her brother. I wish I would have been interested in weightlifting at a younger age. But I fell into the "lifting weights makes you bulky" mindset. I did a little bit of weightlifting as a swimmer in high school, but I didn't lift much. In college in the early 90s the ultra-skinny models were the rage. Luckily I discovered the Firm and started lifting in the late 90s, but I didn't lift more than 12 pounds back then. Sigh. I've learned so much with age!

Angela- I have never done a Mossa workout and previewed a couple on YT. There's a step workout that looks pretty good along with the kickboxing I love!

Hi Buffmama! Hope all is well!
Old 01-13-23, 05:24 AM  
gigi

Wendy, they've changed up Group Power in the latest releases and I like it a lot!

I got up, went to the bathroom, and had just snuggled back down in my warm bed when the alarm went off. It was a fight but I got up. I did CG's 10 Minute Full Body Warm Up. It is one of her better warm ups in my opinion and CG's 20 Minute Full Body Workout. I used 25's, 10's for upright row, 15's for shoulder press with the arms facing in, and 20's for renegade rows on my knees. This workout gets the job done! I will do it again to build up to heavier weights. Very cardiovascular as well. She moves from lower to upper throughout the entire workout, which I really like. The last few moves were core related. I hope you all have a great Friday!
Old 01-13-23, 07:30 AM  
buffmama

Angela inspired me to do CG's Trisets. I think I should do it again and try to increase some of my weights but was happy with it. I really liked the workout you did today Angela. I also did pilates, a 5 min yoga stretch by Laura Lakshmi, and Qigong Breathing Meditation with Kseny.

Wendy - I skipped all cardio this week after doing all those power workouts by kaykay. Probably not my best idea.

Erica - I may think about burpees but it never occurred to me to add the squat and lunge workout together! Maybe it should have but wow.

Anyone remember the name of those magnetic weights to add a little weight to the hex DBs?
Old 01-13-23, 09:57 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did day 5 again (upper body) of Chris and Edi's Build series. I liked it better this time.

Wendy - LOL, the first question I asked my daughter when she told me about the 100 lb. bulgarian split squat was how she held the weight. I can't imagine getting a grip on that. She only said it was very hard after around 40 lbs. and that she really likes using the squat rack for squats to avoid holding the dumbbells. My 45 lb. dumbbell has a very comfortable grip but my 50lb. doesn't (different brands). Yesterday, she did pull-ups with a 25 lb. weight strapped on. She has always had a very strong upper body and core but always avoided leg work until recently. She used to be very involved in circus arts - aerial silks, pole, power tumbling, hand balance, some juggling, and very little trapeze - and did all bodyweight conditioning. Now she's loving using weights.

Angela - nice job dragging yourself out of your cozy bed to get your workout done! I hope you can catch up on sleep this weekend.

buffmama - I like to do weights for around 45 minutes and Daniel's marathon workouts are around 27 so I like to mix and match them to get the 45 minutes done. But I'd rather do all of both of them than do any burpees!

Erica
Old 01-13-23, 06:27 PM  
wendug

Today I was going to do one of the lower body workouts of Chris & Edi's latest program, but M. Briehler posted a lower body metcon workout so I did that instead. I enjoyed it, but subbed goblet squats for the calf raises.

Angela- It is especially hard to get up out of bed to workout on cold mornings! I haven't done that CG 20 minute workout yet, but will soon.

buffmama- From what I see of KayKay's workouts, they seem to have a higher cardio component than weight workouts from other instructors.

Erica- That's so interesting that your daughter did circus arts! I was very involved in acrobats when younger, but once swimming took hold I had to drop it to focus on swim training. Trying an aerial silk class is on my bucket list.
Old 01-14-23, 09:03 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did Daniel's squat marathon with part of his lunge marathon and will probably play around with those for the next one or two lower body workouts.

Angela - I hope you were able to sleep later today!

Wendy - you should definitely take an aerial silks class! Interesting that you did acrobatics before swimming. Were you very athletic growing up? Do you still swim at all? Swimming is so much tougher than it looks. I saw that workout Michelle posted yesterday and it looked good. Hope you liked it. Good idea to sub goblet squats for all of those calf raises.

Hi buffmama!

Erica
Old 01-15-23, 09:24 AM  
Erica H.

Today was Chris and Edi's CST workout - day 1 from their new series. I liked it but didn't love it. I'm kind of itching to get back to Caroline - especially Iron and Fuel - but there are so many new workouts being released that I want to try. A good problem to have.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts