Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-19-22, 06:01 PM  
gigi

I just finished HR Killer Kickboxing HiiT Workout. The total workout was 20 minutes including the WU and CD. It wasn't killer but it was really good and I did do it without the weights. Then i did CG Iron Series, Day 6, Quads. HATED this workout so much. I had to modify all the way through. I cannot do 5002 bulgarian squats. I even went back and unliked it. I disliked the stretch as well. So there's that. LOL! I kind of knew it would not be a favorite but I actually really hated it.#angelaisstressed

Even if I wasn't stressed, I'd have hated it. O.k. I'm going to stop now.
Old 04-19-22, 08:56 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I just finished HR Killer Kickboxing HiiT Workout. The total workout was 20 minutes including the WU and CD. It wasn't killer but it was really good and I did do it without the weights. Then i did CG Iron Series, Day 6, Quads. HATED this workout so much. I had to modify all the way through. I cannot do 5002 bulgarian squats. I even went back and unliked it. I disliked the stretch as well. So there's that. LOL! I kind of knew it would not be a favorite but I actually really hated it.#angelaisstressed

Even if I wasn't stressed, I'd have hated it. O.k. I'm going to stop now.
I have several of Heather Robertson's workouts tagged, but have yet to do one! That sucks that you hated CG's quad workout. Yeah, you definitely need to be prepared to do a lot of bulgarian lunges. I've never paid much attention to her stretching as they are never thorough enough for me so I do my own thing anyway.
Old 04-20-22, 07:09 PM  
wendug

Kayleigh Cohen Strength- 30 minute Upper Body Strength w/dumbbells (July 12, 2021)
I wanted to to a strength workout where the instructor speaks through the workout and Kayleigh Cohen has great form pointers and can quite often make me laugh. She is sadistic in this workout with her single arm rows. Most instructors switch sides with single arm rows. Not in this workout- you do 3 sets on one side before moving to the other side. I was struggling by the end of these! Solid upper body workout!
Old 04-21-22, 03:07 PM  
jetlitis

4/19/22
Madeleine Lewis Cardio Burn for Weight Loss:
Walking Workouts 1, 2 + 3 (30m)

BurpeeGirl: Tabata Squat Challenge (10m)

FitnessBlender: Cool Down/Stretch (5m)

4/21/22
Leslie Sansone WAH:
Walk 15 with Rocky (15m)
[I love Rocky!]

Growwithjo:
Fat Burning Walk at Home (15m)

BurpeeGirl:
Waistline Challenge (9m)
[I only completed 9 minutes out of 30 minutes – workout didn’t click with me)

Fitbymik:
Cardio Aerobics Workout (20m)

Leslie Sansone:
Cool Down Walk (6m)
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-22, 06:06 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I have several of Heather Robertson's workouts tagged, but have yet to do one! That sucks that you hated CG's quad workout. Yeah, you definitely need to be prepared to do a lot of bulgarian lunges. I've never paid much attention to her stretching as they are never thorough enough for me so I do my own thing anyway.
A big problem is my feet and lower legs near my ankles. I need to find good cross training shoes. So My lower legs on the outside near my ankles hurt so bad during those types of moves when done endlessly. I don't do Classical Stretch workouts faithfully but I do quite a few of the feet, toes, ankles to improve on this. So, if I get that figured out (it was still a struggle when I was in tip top shape), I would maybe not hate it quite so much!
Old 04-21-22, 06:10 PM  
gigi

No workout yesterday. I'm taking it a day at a time and being kind ot myself. I will use this summer to really up my fitness so that I'm in a good habit again before next school year.

Today I loved both workouts. I did WorkoutsbyZZ 20 Minute Low Impact HiiT to get in some cardio and use as a warm up. It flew by. Then I did Day 7 Iron Series: Shoulders and Triceps. I LOVED this one. Caroline had some fabulous variations on triceps that actually had me feeling it in my triceps. She is SO strong to do those tricep exercises with 17.5 pounds! I find that a lot of workout, when working triceps, rely on tricep push ups and my tris just give out too quickly. I felt these in my triceps. I listened to her introduction for the form pointers as some of the exercises were new to me. GREAT workout.
Old 04-22-22, 11:05 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I finished up to CG Iron Series #13 Posterior Chain which was one of my favorites so far. Not so many Glute bridge variations and worked back, lower back, and hamstrings.

I’ll do Day #14 tomorrow Unilateral Full Body. I previewed it and it looks great! I like the 30-35 minute duration of these workouts because I can fit in 30 minutes of cardio first, as a warmup. I’ve been doing iFit walk or walk/run workouts on my treadmill. Love having the variety!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-22, 05:12 PM  
wendug

Caroline Girvan- Iron Series #9- Full Body. Those squat presses really got my heart rate up! I had to drop to 15 pounds for those! I really need some heavier dumbbells for lower body. I tried to pick some up at Walmart earlier this week. I had looked online and they had good prices and the website said they were in stock. However, when I got there they didn't have any 30's. I'm trying to be nice to the delivery folks and not have them delivered, but I might have to give in and order them online.

Move with Cee- Deep Core workout (10 minutes). This was nice and soothing after CG's workout.
Old 04-22-22, 05:20 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
A big problem is my feet and lower legs near my ankles. I need to find good cross training shoes. So My lower legs on the outside near my ankles hurt so bad during those types of moves when done endlessly. I don't do Classical Stretch workouts faithfully but I do quite a few of the feet, toes, ankles to improve on this. So, if I get that figured out (it was still a struggle when I was in tip top shape), I would maybe not hate it quite so much!
I feel this so much. A lot of times when I do high impact I have to switch to lower impact because my feet are bothering me. I feel like I am constantly getting new shoes to alleviate any foot pain. My latest cross trainers are from PUMA, a brand I've never worn before, and I love them! Well, I just tried to look them up and they are discontinued. Of course...a shoe I like gets discontinued. Seems to happen a lot (KSwiss tubes were awesome, too).
Old 04-23-22, 08:19 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I feel this so much. A lot of times when I do high impact I have to switch to lower impact because my feet are bothering me. I feel like I am constantly getting new shoes to alleviate any foot pain. My latest cross trainers are from PUMA, a brand I've never worn before, and I love them! Well, I just tried to look them up and they are discontinued. Of course...a shoe I like gets discontinued. Seems to happen a lot (KSwiss tubes were awesome, too).
I went to the New Balance store and got measured. I bought a shoe that is not a cross trainer but can be used fro a variety of workouts.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts