Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-23, 06:32 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2- day 18- Lower Body. I am NOT GOOD with the Low Copenhagen Plank. It was my first time trying it and I had to take breaks. But I did get a bit better by the third round. I just need to practice. The AMRAP had me gasping for air, but I really went for it.

I also walked a client's dogs today so got in a couple of dog walks.
Old 06-06-23, 07:40 AM  
buffmama

Caroline Girvan Epic Day 10 Burpee HIIT - One more done.

I had to go look at the Copenhagen planks - yeah, those won't be easy.
Old 06-06-23, 05:17 PM  
wendug

buffmama- I decided to give fitness w/kaykay a try and did that 30 min. HIIT workout you did recently. Phew! I was glad she interspersed the high impact moves with low impact moves. I can't do too much high impact in a row or my feet start to bother me. My inner thighs are a bit sore from Jasper's leg workout yesterday, so I added on his 10 min stretch for hamstrings & hips. The pancake stretch was just what I needed!
Old 06-07-23, 07:54 AM  
buffmama

Hero 2 Day 11 Upper - tough stuff after the pull ups and push ups. I did not use 30lbs for the push press!
Old 06-07-23, 05:33 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2 Day 19- Upper Body. The Windmill was the only new move in this one. I added on Caroline Girvan's 15 Min. Dumbbell Arms & Shoulder Workout, which paired nicely with Jasper's workout.
Old 06-07-23, 09:45 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Jasper- Hero 2- day 18- Lower Body. I am NOT GOOD with the Low Copenhagen Plank. It was my first time trying it and I had to take breaks. But I did get a bit better by the third round. I just need to practice. The AMRAP had me gasping for air, but I really went for it.

I also walked a client's dogs today so got in a couple of dog walks.
I absolutely cannot do the Low Copenhagen Plank. I do a regular side plank with one knee down but I squeeze my inner thighs together and really feel it will making sure my body is in a straight line. Good for you for being able to do it with breaks!
Old 06-07-23, 09:48 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Hero Day 9 Upper - I definitely had to up weights. Not a fan of the rear delt rows - wasn't sure I was feeling it where I was supposed to. .

Wendy - The ranger workout absolutely had me gasping! I'm happy to see those burpee workouts are shorter.
I have found with the rear delt exercises, that going a bit lighter is actually better, then I can squeeze and focus on the delts. I also realized that I worked that area the day after...LOL!
Old 06-07-23, 09:49 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
buffmama- I decided to give fitness w/kaykay a try and did that 30 min. HIIT workout you did recently. Phew! I was glad she interspersed the high impact moves with low impact moves. I can't do too much high impact in a row or my feet start to bother me. My inner thighs are a bit sore from Jasper's leg workout yesterday, so I added on his 10 min stretch for hamstrings & hips. The pancake stretch was just what I needed!
I have done a couple of fitness with Kaykay. She is tough!
Old 06-07-23, 09:55 PM  
gigi

I did not workout on Monday or Tuesday. Monday I was gone most of the day. When I was home I was hyper-focused on grad school classes. I'm working to get way ahead so I don't have to worry about grad school when I go to the beach.

Today I did Hero II Day 21. He starts out with an AMRAP after the warm up which I loved. I followed that with Get Fit with Rick workout 4, week 1 of his new HiiT program. I was surprised at how tough it was for me. My allergies are bad so that may have had an influence.

If all goes well and I don't get sick or anything, I will finish Hero II a couple of days before my vacation. When I get back from vacation, I will most likely focus on Cathe's STS 2 workout. I'm thinking that I will alternate an upper, lower, and total body with 2 days of cardio.
Old 06-08-23, 07:01 AM  
buffmama

Hero 2 Day 12 Lower Body & Core and I added squats to my Murph prep

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts