Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-13-23, 03:41 PM  
warriorprincess

Oofos Sale

Oofos is having a really good sale. Ever since having discovered these recovery slippers after getting plantar fascitis a few years ago, I am in love with this brand. If you use the link, be sure to put in the promo code feelbetter23. I just ordered the sport sandal for $35 and the low shoe for $60! It will be my third sandal from them. I tend to wear out the big toe area within a year.

https://www.oofos.com/collections/sa...8urN1g4DkX9hcs

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 04:02 PM  
Vantreesta

I've never tried on Oofos. Do they fit pretty true to size? The pedorthist said my foot measures as a size 5 with the old school measurer, which she says isn't very accurate. I wear a size 8 and she said she could tell based on the wear of my shoe that regardless of how small my foot looks or measures, I do need the size 8!

Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 04:52 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

I ordered a pair. Fingers crossed they fit.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 05:12 PM  
Sissy B

I love my Oofos but I would definitely try them on if at all possible if you’ve never worn them before. I wear a 9 in athletic shoes but had to go down a size to get them to fit right on my arches. DD went up a size.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 06:16 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Sissy! The website said there's nowhere within 50 miles of me to try them on.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-13-23, 07:47 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
Oofos is having a really good sale. Ever since having discovered these recovery slippers after getting plantar fascitis a few years ago, I am in love with this brand. If you use the link, be sure to put in the promo code feelbetter23. I just ordered the sport sandal for $35 and the low shoe for $60! It will be my third sandal from them. I tend to wear out the big toe area within a year.

https://www.oofos.com/collections/sa...8urN1g4DkX9hcs
Thanks..... the code didn't work for what I want. After hearing about these on VF, I do want to try them sometime, but I'm going to wait for a sale (on what I want). I don't really *need* them.
Old 01-13-23, 10:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I bought a pair of Oofos from a local shoe cobbler when I went in to be fitted for new hiking boots. They were expensive and some of the ugliest sandals I'd ever worn but the footbed and arch support was terrific! I have hardwood floors throughout my home so need a good shoe. I've also suffered from PF, so I have found these are helpful and convenient to wear. I would never pay full price for these again, but only purchased at the cobbler's recommendation. Since then, I've bought a couple more pairs online when they were on sale, because the silver paint on my original sandals starting coming off after a few months. They are very casual sandals and I wouldn't wear them out in public. I ordered my regular size that I would wear for any other shoe, but could probably go down a half size, if they were sold in half sizes. They also tend to be good for people with wide feet and I'm more of a medium width with very high arches.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 10:59 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for the feedback, Pam!

Old 01-13-23, 11:15 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Also, the footbed is slightly raised where it comes up to meet your arch (for support) but can throw me a bit off balance if I'm putting any weight solely on my heels. Hard to explain, but having an enclosed sandal with strap around heel would solve this problem, instead of being open (slides) in the back.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 11:57 PM  
CharM

I'd never heard of this brand until this thread, but then I also happened to see a discussion at slickdeals today. Here's a link for those who want to see what others have to say:
https://slickdeals.net/f/16378120-oo...-free-shipping
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oofos