Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-04-15, 06:49 PM  
Candiceena

LAC - you mentioned Project You.

Here is an old thread from the archives that is a "DIY" style of Project You -- for anyone interested. http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...ad.php?t=95496

This thread has inspired me to put together a rotation of Jessica YouTubes for this month.
Old 10-04-15, 06:56 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I have been taking an assessment of all the workout bandwagons, gadgets, "in the moment" workouts, I've seen come and go. (And that I've participated in over the years). The industry is in complete information overload and sometimes that makes it hard to really filter down to what works.

So, lots of chatter lately about FIRM, Fitprimes, Tracie Long as of late. But one area I've only used a couple of systems has been Beach Body. Is there anyone who cares to share what program you used and did you actually get the results it claims to give. I just see so much of these systems on the trades list.

My daughter uses Les Mills Combat and loves it. But she's not consistent, so the results aren't there yet. No one talks about Turbo Fire, P90X, Insanity, etc anymore. Or Brazil Butt Lift?... is your butt truly lifted? If your results didn't come from a BB system, what was it?

TIA ~
Way back when - 12 years ago - I had great results from P90X, was a success story, and was chosen to be in an infomercial. I often wish the fitness world was as simple today as it was back then. Way before P90X I did the original Firms and Jane Fonda. Then I discovered Cathe and worked out with her almost exclusively for a few years before P90X. I haven't enjoyed any other Beachbody system as much as the original P90X, and I've tried most of them. Like others, I kind of wish the market wasn't so saturated. I actually long for the old days sometimes, when I just stuck in a Firm, Cathe, or P90X DVD and didn't really question it. With so many theories out there now on what is the latest and greatest way to exercise, I'm constantly second guessing my choice of workouts.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 06:56 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
The only ones I've used exclusively were Jane Fonda's workout on vinyl, and an old workout booklet called "Thin Thighs in Thirty Days".
Which inspired this book:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thin-thighs-in-thirty-years.jpg
Views:	2281
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	4297  

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 08:32 PM  
TinaT

It feels as though many of us are coming full circle to where we began. I just want to narrow it down and stop the crazy thinking of needing everything.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 08:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
I actually long for the old days sometimes, when I just stuck in a Firm, Cathe, or P90X DVD and didn't really question it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I just want to narrow it down and stop the crazy thinking of needing everything.
it's really is still simple - you only need to be consistent.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 09:25 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Which inspired this book:

Hilarious!

I think part of the reason I've had some real success this year, fitness-wise, is that I figured out a few things I could do consistently, and have managed to stick with it even when the going got rough. Deliberately limiting my choices seems to have helped me stay focused.
Old 10-04-15, 09:45 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
LAC - you mentioned Project You.

Here is an old thread from the archives that is a "DIY" style of Project You -- for anyone interested. http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...ad.php?t=95496

This thread has inspired me to put together a rotation of Jessica YouTubes for this month.
I started a flip side of that: Project You workouts, but in the sequence of 21 Day Fix. Did it for a week and I swear my abs improved; then I was sidelined by sinus issues. Back to it tomorrow.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 11:12 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
it's really is still simple - you only need to be consistent.
This. I've had my best "results" from the Firm and from barre because I enjoy them. I'm now adding in a little yoga and other stuff just for variety, but it all comes down to I am my most consistent when doing the Firm or barre. Therefore, I saw (see) results.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 04:27 AM  
aspidistra

I had true results in my life from the following:

1974 - yoga, 1 hour a day, from a tv show and book
1983 - 20 Minute Workout (aerobics), walking
2008 - Callanetics, ballet, yoga and Joyce Vedral weights, walking
2013 - Cindy Crawford, Callanetics, ballet, yoga, Tracy Anderson

With all of these I started out quite fat and became nearly perfect all over. I.e I went from a size 10 or 12 to a 2 or 0. But only with the 5, 7 and 10 lb. weights did I get the v shaped indentation in the arms that I wanted.

Why did I regain the weight each time? Because I stopped exercising for various reasons and also increased my caloric intake. This made my body retain everything I ate as fat. It happens every time and sometimes I just relaxed too much. Sometimes, if I relaxed for just a month or two, I could lose the new weight in a short time. It's always better to catch it right away and not wait months.

I tried other methods such as the Firm, Jane Fonda, Slim in 6, Jari Love, Jillian, Kathy, Physique 57 and many others. If I didn't get inspired by them or found them irritating or too hard, I could not continue with them. I know what I can do consistently so I created my own blend which incorporates the things that worked for me before. The key is to actually do some every day. If not, I get stiff and out of shape quickly. My best routine is to do at least one half hour a day. This is the minimum I need to stay in shape. I am working towards that again. For super perfection I have to add cardio to the mat and standing work.
aspidistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 04:55 AM  
PhyllisG

My best results were from the Firm classics and parts using their 90DR. I did gain strength from Cathe. I lost weight on BB 21 Day Fix. Overall best program was the Firm originals.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effective workouts, firm 90 day rotation, results, rotations, successful weight loss