Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-15, 12:36 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carb8985 View Post
Tonique - Sylwia's workouts have toned my legs like nothing else. My abs are also more defined than they've ever been. Diet has stayed the same as always prior to Tonique. Not aesthetic results, but Tonique has also given me cardio/muscle endurance that I've never had before. I notice it when I go hiking or do a lot of walking. My energy never falters, even though people I'm with are getting tired or can't keep up. It makes me feel like the energizer bunny.

Ballet Body - Leah's workouts gave me the best arms and hamstrings/glutes of my life! Maybe even better than Tonique!
You are a woman after my heart. LOL. My magic bullet workouts have been Tonique and Ballet Body, too. The later Tonique workouts is where I really started to see the difference, from Born to Move on up and they just keep getting mor challenging and boy can Syliwa work the upper body and core with these. She has so many new moves. I can't get enough of her. Ballet Body is my go deeper into the muscles workout. I love every download she has. I hope she does more of those, too.

Cheryl
Old 02-09-15, 12:58 PM  
intelsana

Running has always worked well for me.
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 01:59 PM  
Ann1964

2009/2010 = Running and TA
2011- Scorcher series Kettelbells. My booty never looked better and its back to pancake.

I have not been consistent with anything else since , but fixing to change that.
Starting FeFit 28 day challenge tomorrow.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 02:09 PM  
noodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
My magic bullet workouts have been Tonique and Ballet Body, too.

Cheryl
Cheryl, how are you?! I hope your recovery is going well. Can i ask you which you would recommend for building the glutes and slimming the saddlebags? I was looking at Born to Move but would BB be any more beneficial??
Jamie
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 03:30 PM  
ltlangeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann1964 View Post
2009/2010 = Running and TA
2011- Scorcher series Kettelbells. My booty never looked better and its back to pancake.

I have not been consistent with anything else since , but fixing to change that.
Starting FeFit 28 day challenge tomorrow.
Is there a link for that rotation. I was thinking of FeFit. Thanks to everyone who posted so far!
Old 02-09-15, 03:45 PM  
Kellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
TheRack workout, I took before and after pictures, results: great upper body definition (back, shoulders, arms, waist), I looked slimmer all over, it needed a bit more LB toning, but overall I was very happy with my results, I didn't change anything else. I should do that rotation again, I really enjoyed the workouts.
Please tell me more about The Rack. I've looked at this online and it looks intriguing to say the least.
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 03:58 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Christine - I remember you from our past check-in....I'm glad TA works well for you! I have always wanted to try a rotation of hers, but I get bored with rotations....but maybe I should bite the bullett...who's the beautiful little kitten in the picture? (avatar)
Oh yeah, we've been check in buddies! I don't do the same workout ten days straight - I play around with them. That helps with the boredom. But seriously no one do what she does to me.

The kitten in my avatar is my foster fail Gus. He was 1/2 a pound when I got him, all spitfire and fleas (he hissed at me when I first pulled him out of the box). I bathed him and had to force feed him formula to get him to eat anything. I was so worried I would lose him. When he lived despite it all and purred for the first time while I held him, I knew I could never part with him. He sleeps with me and sits on my lap purring every morning. I must have had 30 kittens go through my life this year (i manage the Save A Kitten San Jose Facebook page), but he stood out. Way more than you wanted to know, but...
Old 02-09-15, 04:04 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie View Post
Please tell me more about The Rack. I've looked at this online and it looks intriguing to say the least.
Hi, I wrote a review a while back, you can check it out here. HTH, let me know if you have any other questions.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 05:07 PM  
lisarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
I've posted this before so sorry if I sound like a broke record! For me, shortening my workouts to 20-30 minutes has been key. I can tell you what i've been doing, but I'm not convinced that it's the "what" as much as the "how and "when." Consistency has been an absolute must (and clean eating, of course). I always make sure I'm challenging myself, too. 20 minutes is the magic mental number for me. I can always talk myself into 20 minutes.

Currently, my magic bullet is Barre3 combined with HIIT- and by HIIT I don't mean pure cardio HIIT, I mean tough bodyweight or kettlebell HIIT with a lot of strengthening stuff built in. I do 20-30 min workouts except for one or two longer ones during the week if I have time. I was already in good shape before so my results couldn't be as dramatic as some, but 4 months in, I've lost several inches in my waist and hips, my benchmark clothes fit perfectly, and I am very happy with how lean I look. My lower body is by far the smallest it's ever been, and it's pure muscle.
Great results! I am trying a more frequent/less duration format to get back to consistency. Are you creating your own HIIT workouts or what videos are you using?

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 05:11 PM  
lisarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
So far for me it's been Cathe's RWH! The workouts are tough so I've been using them as a 2 week plateau buster every few weeks and it's been awesome! The other weeks I do 5 workouts a week....one yoga, 2 strength (alternating each week btwn total body and splits), one circuit and one steady state cardio. I only have about 15 lbs to lose and this has worked better than anything I've done in awhile.
Really wish I had RWH - cathe looks amazing in them, not that she doesn't always look good but she looks very strong & lean to me. I like your idea of using them every few weeks & I also like your other rotation - even the switch between splits & full body. I may have to "borrow" Thanks for sharing!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
successful weight loss