Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-15, 09:46 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

This year, it's TA.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-15, 08:52 AM  
cherimac

Dialing it back. Moving more throughout my day. Barre and HIIT.
Old 02-08-15, 06:43 PM  
lorajc

The only time I've ever lost weight working out was once when I was younger when Barry's Boot Camp first came out and i did it...I think it was the short intense bursts of cardio that shocked my body along with working one body part at a time, as that was totally new to my routine.....haven't tried it post menopausaly.

Also after I gained all of my wts, I needed to lose 50 pounds post menopausally and so far I lost only 20 of it pre hamstring injury when i was waking and jogging in the Spring and Summer.....can't wait to get back to that....I've gained inches on my hips since I haven't been able to walk due to the weather!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-15, 07:04 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

slim series.

the original firm 90-day rotation.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-15, 07:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Is Sadie Lincoln the only Barre3 dvd instructor? Is there any free online workouts? I'm looking for something 40-60 minutes that is at least high intermediate.
in the DVDs, the other instructor is Candace Ofcacek. for streaming, there's others, but i'm not a streaming customer.

yes - on youtube there's lots of free ones from Barre3.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 09:12 AM  
nd2325

A combo of TA and Ballet Beautiful
Old 02-09-15, 09:13 AM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Is Sadie Lincoln the only Barre3 dvd instructor? Is there any free online workouts? I'm looking for something 40-60 minutes that is at least high intermediate.
There are quite a few other instructors. The level of Barre3 is tricky. I would have called them intermediate at first, but I'm advanced and now eat my words. They get way harder the more you do them, and you can always make them even harder just by engaging muscles more deeply. I shake and sweat through many of them now. i could not more highly recommend their streaming service. Best $15 I spend.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 10:40 AM  
donnamp

In general, I don't see a lot of "visible" results from anything I do - but these are the workouts/combos that make me feel the best and make me more likely to want to work out and stick w/ a program!

Classical Stretch/Essentrics - on one of my go-to combos is to do low impact cardio, a Margaret Richard Unplugged Episode and a CS Episode.

Margaret Richard - I love that I can fry my muscles w/out injury

Jessica Smith - walking workouts, barre workouts and her streaming workouts

Charlene Prickett/It Figures - particularly w/ the addition of a CS episode!

Ellen Barrett

barre/Pilates/Dance/Fusion -

Chris Freytag when I'm in the mood for something more "athletic"

Walking

Recently - Jill Miller Tune Up At Home, which shocks me beyond belief - no music, uninspiring setting, quirky instructor - check all three - but her workouts make me feel good!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 10:53 AM  
upperwside

Something about slim series..
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 12:18 PM  
Carb8985

Tonique - Sylwia's workouts have toned my legs like nothing else. My abs are also more defined than they've ever been. Diet has stayed the same as always prior to Tonique. Not aesthetic results, but Tonique has also given me cardio/muscle endurance that I've never had before. I notice it when I go hiking or do a lot of walking. My energy never falters, even though people I'm with are getting tired or can't keep up. It makes me feel like the energizer bunny.

Ballet Body - Leah's workouts gave me the best arms and hamstrings/glutes of my life! Maybe even better than Tonique!
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
successful weight loss