Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-15, 03:58 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
21 Day Fix. I didn't use the containers.
How much impact is there in 21 Day Fix?
Old 02-07-15, 04:42 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockmom View Post
Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I only did phase 1 & 2 & didn't change my diet but saw results. I want to try again at some point & get through the whole thing.
Love, love, love JMBR! I'm in phase 2 now and I can see using this program again the future. Love the 30 minute workouts, the exercise design and progression, the set, the cast, the vibe. Jillian is great in this. And I'm getting stronger and firmer.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 04:43 PM  
bubbles76

Cathe Xtrain. I included the 100 rep challenges and added extra pushups during the week. I've never been firmer, stronger, or more defined in my lower body. I may have lost a tiny bit of weight (probably no more than 3 lbs), but the best results were an increase in endurance, strength, definition, and confidence.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 07:28 PM  
neatski

I've posted this before so sorry if I sound like a broke record! For me, shortening my workouts to 20-30 minutes has been key. I can tell you what i've been doing, but I'm not convinced that it's the "what" as much as the "how and "when." Consistency has been an absolute must (and clean eating, of course). I always make sure I'm challenging myself, too. 20 minutes is the magic mental number for me. I can always talk myself into 20 minutes.

Currently, my magic bullet is Barre3 combined with HIIT- and by HIIT I don't mean pure cardio HIIT, I mean tough bodyweight or kettlebell HIIT with a lot of strengthening stuff built in. I do 20-30 min workouts except for one or two longer ones during the week if I have time. I was already in good shape before so my results couldn't be as dramatic as some, but 4 months in, I've lost several inches in my waist and hips, my benchmark clothes fit perfectly, and I am very happy with how lean I look. My lower body is by far the smallest it's ever been, and it's pure muscle.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 07:52 PM  
andtckrtoo

TA... I call her the magic "b". But she does things to me that no one else can. It's way too bad that she always bores me to death.
Old 02-07-15, 08:05 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

TheRack workout, I took before and after pictures, results: great upper body definition (back, shoulders, arms, waist), I looked slimmer all over, it needed a bit more LB toning, but overall I was very happy with my results, I didn't change anything else. I should do that rotation again, I really enjoyed the workouts.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 08:54 PM  
ADoll

When I first started working out, the classic Firms (especially 1-4). Then I had great results with CLX, Supreme 90 and right now JNL. I think whatever makes me consistent in working out and my body responds better with weights and cardio combination.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 09:23 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
TA... I call her the magic "b". But she does things to me that no one else can. It's way too bad that she always bores me to death.
Christine - I remember you from our past check-in....I'm glad TA works well for you! I have always wanted to try a rotation of hers, but I get bored with rotations....but maybe I should bite the bullett...who's the beautiful little kitten in the picture? (avatar)
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 09:44 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Dialing it down. I backed off intense workouts probably 4 years ago and have never looked back. I dropped 10 pounds without even trying and am at my slimmest since having 4 babies.

I mostly do Classical Stretch/Essentrics and walk or ski. I add in Ellen Barrett and barre (most recently Barre3) for interest.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 09:45 PM  
Tugger31

Is Sadie Lincoln the only Barre3 dvd instructor? Is there any free online workouts? I'm looking for something 40-60 minutes that is at least high intermediate.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
successful weight loss