Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-15, 11:39 AM  
ltlangeli

Your "Magic Bullet" System/Rotation

All things being equal (a fancy way of saying no change in d**t), what was your"magic bullet" rotation and/or system, preferably 45 minutes and under please.

Thanks!
Old 02-07-15, 12:25 PM  
NotThatGirl

Ballet Beautiful

Especially since I did go off the rails in the last couple weeks with the d word and have about 7lbs to lose. I was really spotty with my workouts and pretty much ate like a land shark...which was actually kind of fun

Needless to say the foodfest is over and doing BB for a couple weeks will whip me back in shape in no time let alone being consistent after that. Definitely my magic bullet for everything - toning up when I am being careful or fixing a hiccup like now

Eta: her DVDs are chaptered but also her streaming allows you to mix and match workouts anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes to make exactly the routine you want.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 01:33 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

21 Day Fix. I didn't use the containers.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 01:42 PM  
PrairieGem

Running. I've been active/fit my entire adult life, but I started running a year ago. I lost almost 20 lbs, slimmed down my thighs (this is the ONLY thing that has ever done that, in 20+ years of exercise), dropped my resting heart rate to 55bpm, and knocked 25% off my cholesterol (bumped up my good chol. a teeny smidge). And until about 3 months ago, I was barely making it 2 miles, meaning, running ~25 minutes, 2-3 times a week. Astonishing!!

I shouldn't have been surprised; running kept my dad lean and healthy for 40 years, but I didn't think it could have such a dramatically different impact on me than any other form of cardio or training.

...OTOH, I completely lost my butt, so there is that.
Old 02-07-15, 02:12 PM  
MoFirmer

The FIRM Express hands down! I lost 19# in the first month when testing them! And anytime I want to shake things up and get fast results I do a rotation that focuses on them. They are included in my weekly rotations!
Old 02-07-15, 02:49 PM  
Tugger31

So far for me it's been Cathe's RWH! The workouts are tough so I've been using them as a 2 week plateau buster every few weeks and it's been awesome! The other weeks I do 5 workouts a week....one yoga, 2 strength (alternating each week btwn total body and splits), one circuit and one steady state cardio. I only have about 15 lbs to lose and this has worked better than anything I've done in awhile.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 02:59 PM  
punkrockmom
VF Supporter

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I only did phase 1 & 2 & didn't change my diet but saw results. I want to try again at some point & get through the whole thing.
punkrockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 03:43 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
Running. I've been active/fit my entire adult life, but I started running a year ago. I lost almost 20 lbs, slimmed down my thighs (this is the ONLY thing that has ever done that, in 20+ years of exercise), dropped my resting heart rate to 55bpm, and knocked 25% off my cholesterol (bumped up my good chol. a teeny smidge). And until about 3 months ago, I was barely making it 2 miles, meaning, running ~25 minutes, 2-3 times a week. Astonishing!!

I shouldn't have been surprised; running kept my dad lean and healthy for 40 years, but I didn't think it could have such a dramatically different impact on me than any other form of cardio or training.

I want to try running again. I guess I can handle 25 minutes 3x a week, and add half an hour of Ballet Beautiful to save my butt (It's big and round. I've never feared losing it)
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 03:49 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post

This is great to hear. I've gotten similar results with walking (and watching my diet) as far as losing weight (over 40 lbs for me), heartrate down to 48 bpm and over 50 pts down on cholesterol. But that was daily walking about 45 minutes a day, give or take. 25 minutes 3 times a week is so much more doable!! With that said though, I do enjoy long walks and it does keep me sane so I could probably swap a couple of walks for the runs and it's a win/win.

ETA - including the butt part too. LOL. That's where barre and squats come into play.

To the OP, I don't think anything has ever worked for me without including the "d" aspect, but walking does help it all along and definitely helps to maintain it too.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 03:56 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I did well with the first six Firms just by doing them every other day, when I first became serious about exercising. I lost inches in the hips and thighs like crazy. However, I was never able to repeat those results when I tried to rotate those workouts again.

I also had great results with Cathe's CTX rotation (it has lots of cardio) but I injured my hip, and it's never really been the same since. Hence I never did it again.

In both cases I made a conscious decision not to change my diet because I wanted to see what exercise alone would do. These days I have to make dietary changes in order to see fat loss results, no matter what exercise I'm doing.

Tags
successful weight loss