Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-13, 08:48 AM  
cherimac

This thread is so encouraging. So many of you have lost weight, gotten fitter, lifted more, run faster, etc. Yay VFers!
Old 12-20-13, 08:58 AM  
Demeris

First I must congratulate all of you who've already posted your accomplishments. Well done! I count myself fortunate to be on this board with you.

Second I must admit that I thought that this thread probably didn't apply to me. I believed that I hadn't achieved anything, fitness-wise, this year, simply because I hadn't gained any ground in my fitness/health.

THEN I realized that while I may not have reached any new level, I did have some major changes in my life, and I lost no ground.

This fall, I retired and moved out of Tucson to rural AZ.

And I'm smaller, after the move, than when I was still working in October (and living in Tucson). I continued to workout regularly and to eat to nourish my body as I finished up my last work commitments and moved my household goods and 22 year old cat out into the middle of the desert.

Given my 56+ year history of gaining and losing ground, both in size and in health, based on the vicissitudes of life, I'm rather pleased. Had these events struck me 15 years ago, they would have thrown me off my game. Fitness is a habit for me now, so my life changes had to work around my schedule!
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 09:06 AM  
dnna

I am 63, I did JMBR twice this year, finishing at the weeks 9/10 mark. The second time, I added a 20 minute Firm Express to make a 50 minute workout.
I was very proud to be able to do these workouts.
After the rotation, my bp was 117/71.
so that was a big win.
I also feel I am stronger, tighter and have nice muscles indents.
I also did strong strides diligently and am really hard in the lower body.
next year: I would like to have a go at Cathe STS or a Cathe rotation I stretch daily.

I have a different mindset going into a JMBR -like bring it JM! like I am tough, lol.. In real life, I am never going to be an "after" but I am going to be strong and flexible
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 09:18 AM  
JAusten

I lost 10 pounds this year.
I got back into exercise... videos and walking.
I adjusted my expectations and am getting better results working toward healthy goals rather than focusing on my appearance.

It's wonderful to read everybody's accomplishments! You should all be so proud!
JAusten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 09:38 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post

And I'm smaller, after the move, than when I was still working in October (and living in Tucson). I continued to workout regularly and to eat to nourish my body as I finished up my last work commitments and moved my household goods and 22 year old cat out into the middle of the desert.

Given my 56+ year history of gaining and losing ground, both in size and in health, based on the vicissitudes of life, I'm rather pleased. Had these events struck me 15 years ago, they would have thrown me off my game. Fitness is a habit for me now, so my life changes had to work around my schedule!
That's quite an accomplishment. Congratulations.
Old 12-20-13, 09:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Congratulations to all of you!! I love this type of thread every year but never felt able to participate before. This year I finally can!! After slowly but steadily putting on weight over the past 10 perimenopausal years, I joined the Losers, Maintainers and No Gainers check-in in the spring and have since lost over 40 lbs! I reached and far surpassed my goal and have more energy than I have in years! I have also started consistently walking on a daily basis since that time also and my cardiovascular endurance is amazing as well. Both of these accomplishments came at a time in my life when I was almost convinced I couldn't lose weight or gain fitness at 56 years old. I am inspired and encouraged by all of your accomplishments as well.
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 11:55 AM  
gladgirl

This is the year everything clicked for me. (It only took 20yrs to get here! )
I found a way of eating that makes me feel great and helped me shed the weight. No more food struggles! I also rekindled my love of KB workouts and the FIRM. I throw in some barre/fusion and I am happy, happy, happy. All around big year for me and health and fitness and mindset.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 12:09 PM  
MKEMom

I'm much stronger than I was a year ago. I don't have a specific measurement of that, but I'm lifting heavier weights than ever, so I'm happy. I also gained a few pounds (I think, based on others' scales, see below), but everything fits the same so that means a lot of it is muscle. Yay!

Also, I've been a once-a-day scale-stepper for years and a couple months ago I threw my scale in the garbage.

It was awesome.
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 01:32 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKEMom View Post

Also, I've been a once-a-day scale-stepper for years and a couple months ago I threw my scale in the garbage.

It was awesome.
I bet that felt great.

Keep them coming. I love reading these stories.
Old 12-20-13, 01:44 PM  
sherry7899

I don't have anything to post this year, but I hope to have something to post this time next year!

Congrats to everyone!! You are all very inspiring

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
accomplishments, fitness achievements, last 10 pounds, outdoor walking, successful weight loss, weight loss