Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-09, 01:04 AM  
juberann

The gluten/wheat thing fascinates me,I am actually looking into that right now,first on the advice of my girlfriend and now you guys have really sparked my interest It could possibly explain alot of things for me I may pm and "pick" your brain,Karen Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 08:14 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm
Judy,

I am turning 38 on the 27th. I've susepected possible early peri-menopause. I've had a lot of bloating, yet Sonogram shows nothing unordinary(sp?) I do have a slight Gluten sensitivity and lactose intolerance. I was tested for Celiac and that came back negative. HOWEVER, I just picked up a mag in the supermarket today that stated that there is a NCGC (non-celiac Gluten sensitivity) that patients with that respond well to a non-gluten diet. I have all the stuff, I wonder if I should try it out. I also stopped taking Melantonin since I feel that may have sabotaged my metabolism and I'm seriously going to try my hand at some meditation for stress relief and to get a good nights sleep (since I know I have a great deal of stress and that can lead to cortisol, which then leads to bigger belly).

I am determined to beat whatever this darned thing is and I'm telling you, with all of this hard work I'm doing, when those 10-15 pounds come off, there is going to be some serious muscle shining through, I hope

Take Care,

Kelly
I came back negative on a gluten test, but I had all they symptoms for it! Also, it's called gluten intolerance for a reason ...different people can tolerate it to a degree. If it gets in my bloodstream I have whelps the size of golfballs all over my body, puffy lips, itchy skin, irritability, osteopenia...the only cure is to eliminate it.
Old 04-20-09, 09:12 AM  
Wudnit

Billy at Ocean State Job Lots

I was at Ocean State Job Lots over the weekend and they have a lot of the Taebo dvd's that everyone has been mentioning: Billy's Favorite Moves, Amped, Taebo Abs, etc. all for 2.99 each. They also have a lot of Leslie Sansone and tons of Firms. If you have a store near you, you should check it out. I picked up 4 new dvd's. Most of my Taebo's were on VHS and I no longer own a VHS player, so got rid of them all. Now I'm buying Taebo dvds when the price is right and at $2.99 each, the price was right. Mary's site also had several for $2.99 each.

Mary
Wudnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-09, 09:35 AM  
Rhonda

I have been doing Tae Bo off and on for a while but now I am enjoying my rotation of billy one day biking the next. I through in strength training. I have to work on my diet to see results but am enjoying billy.

I like the amped series and was able to use the bar for the full jump start workout - that was a first. I also like the Fat Blaster workout, and his live (yellow covers) VHS workouts. I am mixing and matching and using the longer 40 minutes or more in the mornings. I am thinking of tacking on a basic workout in the evenings on my non-TaeBo mornings. We will see.

Just curious would anyone be up for a Tae Bo check-in? I know we are not doing it everyday but it seems as if more people are doing TB lately.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-09, 09:55 AM  
LoYoMo99

Is the Tae Bo Abs on Extreme, standing/floor or both?

All this mention of Tae Bo made me pull out mine this weekend. I am loving them so much I wonder why I ever stopped doing them? I have some I have never even tried. I did Bootcamp Abs yesterday and one of the Lives this morning. Fun, fun.

Thanks for the Job Lots mention. I think we have them in PA.

Lorey
LoYoMo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-09, 11:35 PM  
juberann

Hi Lorey~ Happy to hear you are enjoying your "newfound" workouts Don't feel bad, I had Cardio Circuits 1 and 2 for 3 YEARS before I even took the shrinkwrap off of them
TaeBo Abs was sold as an individual workout and can be bought on CollageVideo. A MUCH better deal is totalfitnessdvds where you get it as a 'Bonus' workout on Extreme,that's the way to go as Extreme is an awesome workout and featured a little of everything, classic TaeBo,weights, a little Step work and lowerbody floorwork, my personal favorite, I love the old school stuff

Rhonda~ AWESOME job doing the entire JumpStart with the Amplifier,that isn't easy to do I still drop the bar several times during a full length workout. That 3 pound bar is so effective but,WOW, it gets so heavy,so fast. Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-09, 06:15 AM  
Rhonda

Judy - Thanks. I will be doing a longer workout tomorrow with Amped so we will see how I do with the bar. Your right it does get heavy.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-09, 06:27 AM  
shortie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoYoMo99
Is the Tae Bo Abs on Extreme, standing/floor or both?

Lorey
Mostly standing -- some floor ab work at the end.
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-09, 07:37 AM  
Inchworm

I have to say, I have done Taebo abs once and Cardio Circuit 1, 3 times in the past week and already seeing a difference. I just LOVE Cardio Circuit 1. It is the perfect little workout. I love that it get's a lot in in 36 minutes. Has anyone found anything similar to these? I did get my Rockin Amped set. Are these more toning or how would you describe them? Has anyone found a way to hold the bar where you don't feel like it's going to twist open?

Thanks,

kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-09, 11:29 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Just had to jump in and report that I did Tae Bo Abs for the first time today. I too, have been neglecting my Tae Bo workouts, which is a shame, because that's where I developed my love for kickboxing. Tae Bo was the first thing to really start getting my abs in shape!

TB Abs is fun and goes by quickly! It seems to be fairly similar to Michael O's Killer Abs and Back, but TBAbs is shorter and not quiet as hard. But I know I'll be feeling my core tomorrow. Anytime I do lots of twisting moves I feel it!

Now I am considering picking up some more TB's. I have all the Advanced Lives, Ultimate TB (GREAT fun), and Extreme. What to get??? Everyone seems to have so many different recommendations. I love Billy's motivation and regardless of the counting (yes..I..am..a..Tae..Bot...), provides a fantastic workout. Time to 'amp' it up! LOL

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
costochrondritis, tae bo, tae bo amped