Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-09, 06:45 PM  
juberann

Kathy~ The one we're referring to is simply titled TaeBo Abs,it's on Collage's website, under TaeBo, but it's also a "bonus" workout on the EXTREME workout,available on Mary's site at totalfitnessdvds. There you will see two EXTREME workouts, one being a little more expensive then the other,that is the one that has the TaeBo Abs workout bonus on it. You can get both workouts (on one DVD) at totalfitnessdvds for under $10.00 or just TaeBo Abs at Collagevideo for $14.95 Mary is ALWAYS the better deal,imo By the way,EXTREME is a MUST-HAVE!!(this one incorporates light weights and a Stepbench,great fun

My favorite series so far is still AMPED. I don't have alot of Billy's older stuff and find his newer offering plenty challeging. That seems to be the main complaint people have about TaeBo,they miss his "old" stuff (kinda like the FIRM) but I find these "new" offerings just right for my level Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 06:53 PM  
Inchworm

Kathleen Ann.... as far as a great cardio one, the ones you are getting from the library will fit the bill. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I absolutely LOVE Cardio Circuit 1.

Judy..... my goals at this point is losing weight, the 15 pounds I've gained this year, which are totally unexplained, since I always eat healthy and work out. I have amped it up a bit doing workouts of around 1 hour 5 to 6 days a week and have made a conscious effort to cut down on some of my portions, which were healthy to begin with. I have really defined upper abs, it's just when you get to the belly button and below. I will be happy if I lose 10 pounds and can fit into my clothes. It's frustrating because everything has been tight around my mid section. That is my goal. Oh and a bit more definition in my upper body, which I'm starting to see is looking better from all of the Plank/BBC/JM/ and Pull-up work I've been doing.

Thanks so much. I'll check out those rounds you mentioned.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 07:06 PM  
Sissy B

When I checked this morning the price at Collage was $19.95. I already have TaeBo Extreme, but I ordered the 2 pack from Mary since it only cost $9.99 right now since it's on sale. Why spend more for just one workout - I can always donate the extra copy of Extreme to the library.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 07:07 PM  
juberann

Kelly~ I totally can relate to what you're saying sometimes that weight just "appears" as we age and get closer to perimenopause, are you there yet? You are doing ok with only 15 extra pounds and TaeBo is truly magical for the lower body so I think you have made a great choice in upping your cardio. I found that I really had to double check my portion sizes as I got older (I'm now 45),my "cheating" was no longer going unnoticed~LOL~ my body (all of a sudden,it seemed) showed every single extra calorie I took in GONE are the days I can have a couple extra pieces of pizza and not have to pay a price
Most frustrating for me was finding some cardio that I actually like In general,I hate cardio,always have. I refuse to join a gym and pay the crazy membership fees ( mainly because I have been a vidiot for well over 20 years now ) so finding something I enjoy was very difficult. I cringe at complicated choreography and have gotten rid of every tricky-step workout I have ever owned,I just hate having to spend all my workout time (which is precious to me) having to learn new moves and ending up so frustrated I could scream (I just have no patience,I guess I knew TaeBo was exactly what I needed (and what I would enjoy doing) from my very first workout,even if it did take me 10 years to actually TRY it so now I have Billy and Leslie (Sansone) and consider myself lucky to have finally found some cardio workouts I love doing
Sorry to ramble,bottom line is I think the extra cardio (combined with your healthy eating and some strength training) will keep those 15 pounds from becoming 20 (or 30 etc................). If you're still in your 30's, you are brilliant to get a handle on it now!! Keep up the GREAT work Judy
Old 04-18-09, 07:13 PM  
juberann

Sissy~ I did the same thing I now have two copies of EXTREME,one with the Bonus Abs on it and one without. I thought about getting rid of the one without the abs workout but I love EXTREME so much I decided to hold onto my extra copy........just in case (what a "vidiot" statement!!!!!!). Judy
Old 04-18-09, 07:13 PM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann
Regarding the statement about twisting doing the slimming and crunches building the strength that Billy makes, all I know is I have done (in the past) crunches and floorwork ab routines until the cows came home and NEVER got flat abs,I have had much better results doing Billy's Abs then I ever did doing crunches,I am a believer in what he is saying. I really think if slimming is your goal, crunches are not going to get you there very fast(if at all).
Inchworm~ How about Power Rounds?? Maybe Gymmie (who I consider my TaeBo EXPERT) can tell us more about Power Rounds but Billy has an interval series out and I have ordered (and am waiting on) 12,20 and 30 Minute Power Rounds. I think these are mainly cardio interval workouts where you "power" up for one minute, take a short active rest,then do another round so those are all short workouts. I traded for one but bought two of them (new) from amazon. I'll post when I get them and get a chance to try one out.
I like Cardio Circuit 1,too,in fact, that is the very first TaeBo workout I ever did. I thought I was going to die but couldn't wait to do it again I must have had that DVD for three years before I even opened it My loss
Kelly, can't wait to hear about your results? What are your goals with TaeBo? toning,losing weight? because you'll definitely get there with TB Judy

OK sweet Judy,

Please tell me your cardio recommendations for Taebo. Kickboxing is really the only cardio I can do at the moment without causing too much pain to my neck issues. TIA!

(:
Old 04-18-09, 07:39 PM  
juberann

I got 12 Minute Power Rounds today!!!! My mail comes very late in the afternoon but I went out to get the mail and there it was! I have previewed the workout and I am very happy I bought this one Reviews on amazon state that many weren't able to keep their heartrate up between "rounds" but,from what I can see, all someone would have to do is keep a nice jog-in-place going during the "rest" periods so I can't imagine why that was a complaint,there's an easy solution
This video came out in 2003 and is a grand total of 21 minutes.Billy is with his "gang",the music is great and loud enough and Billy is his usual encouraging, motivating self. Lots of tried and true TaeBo moves here, Billy shows the moves slowly and then powers up for one minute intervals. This looks like an awesome cardio workout for those time crunched days or to do and add on some strength training or extended stretching at the end.
The set looks like the same one used in Cardio Circuit 1 but the music seems different , a boxing ring bell goes off,indicating the beginning of the round, I like that
I am really looking forward to doing this one,in fact, I may fit it in right after dinner tonight Judy
Old 04-18-09, 07:46 PM  
juberann

Cowgirl~ Wasn't ignoring you,I swear,dear Right now,I am doing TaeBo four times a week,mainly workouts from the AMPED series. I do JumpStart and Fat Burn Accelerator and throw in Sculpt Express, which I consider a cardio workout (and so does my heartrate ). I lost 7 pounds in 11 days doing this, putting an end to a recent,and very long,weight loss plateau I also throw in TaeBo Abs a couple of times a week, usually as an add-on to a longer workout but sometimes as an extra workout after dinner. I think next week I will start alternating TaeBo sessions with some Leslie as I don't want to run the risk of getting burned out on TB Judy
Old 04-18-09, 07:51 PM  
Inchworm

Judy,

I am turning 38 on the 27th. I've susepected possible early peri-menopause. I've had a lot of bloating, yet Sonogram shows nothing unordinary(sp?) I do have a slight Gluten sensitivity and lactose intolerance. I was tested for Celiac and that came back negative. HOWEVER, I just picked up a mag in the supermarket today that stated that there is a NCGC (non-celiac Gluten sensitivity) that patients with that respond well to a non-gluten diet. I have all the stuff, I wonder if I should try it out. I also stopped taking Melantonin since I feel that may have sabotaged my metabolism and I'm seriously going to try my hand at some meditation for stress relief and to get a good nights sleep (since I know I have a great deal of stress and that can lead to cortisol, which then leads to bigger belly).

I am determined to beat whatever this darned thing is and I'm telling you, with all of this hard work I'm doing, when those 10-15 pounds come off, there is going to be some serious muscle shining through, I hope

Take Care,

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 10:00 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm
I do have a slight Gluten sensitivity and lactose intolerance. I was tested for Celiac and that came back negative. HOWEVER, I just picked up a mag in the supermarket today that stated that there is a NCGC (non-celiac Gluten sensitivity) that patients with that respond well to a non-gluten diet. I have all the stuff, I wonder if I should try it out.

Kelly
I don't have Celiac either but I definitely have a sensitivity to gluten/wheat. I did my own test one weekend many years ago and felt so much better that I've been gluten-free ever since. It's amazing how much better I feel. I'm also lactose intolerant and have known that since I was in my 20's. It's quite common to have both.

Give it a try! And feel free to email/PM me if you have any questions.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
costochrondritis, tae bo, tae bo amped