Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-09, 10:01 AM  
laurajhawk

It's really funny that Tae Bo is getting so much chatter on VF now -- it's like it's the latest thing, except it's not new. I tried my very first one last night -- the 20-minute Flex Express -- and really liked it, so I'm enjoying reading these threads about the additional ones I might buy if I get tired of the five I just bought from Mary. (Hi, My Name is Laura and I Am a Vidiot.) I have my eye on the Amped set at DeepDiscount -- it's already pretty cheap there and they should be having their semiannual sale in a month or so.

Tae Bo Abs sounds good even though I don't normally buy standalone abs workouts (cause I won't do them!).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 10:04 AM  
naturallove

Now I'm kind of interested in Tae Bo abs. I didn't like all of Billy's counting before, but this still sounds fun! Is this on Netflix at all? What series is this from?
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 10:39 AM  
juberann

naturallove~ Ya know, I was just thinking, and I'm not sure what series this one came from I think it's from 2004-2005 though. I understand what you're saying about the counting,I really thought it would bother me but when I'm actually doing the workouts, I find it quite helpful and not irritating at all,if I'm just "previewing" a workout, it can get on my nerves a little

laurajhawk~ I don't normally buy standalone ab workouts,either,but this one is fast enough to really get your heartrate up,I actually consider it a cardio workout and at 30 minutes, it's a lifesaver some days,I get in a short cardio workout while intensely working my biggest "problem" area for 30 minutes.
jennny~ No problem,dear!! give that a try and see if it helps,just keep your focus on keeping the tension out of your shoulders and back Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 10:58 AM  
jEnNnY

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk
Tae Bo is getting so much chatter on VF now -- it's like it's the latest thing, except it's not new.
exactly!! i love when that happens!! it inspires me to revisit workouts I have not done for a long time and find out that at this point of my fitness journey I actually enjoy them I love when it happens with the Firm classics and pre 2001 era.
jEnNnY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 02:53 PM  
jhardy

I haven't done a taebo workout forever, but just purchased taebo abs because of this thread. It sounds like a great workout!
Jen
jhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 04:04 PM  
shortie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm
I also liked how he explained about how that kind of work trims that area and that when you do the lying down stuff is more for building strength.
Kelly
I've wondered about this also -- he's said it in two different videos that I've seen. He says twisting work will slim the waist -- but lying-down crunches won't -- that the crunches only strengthen but don't slim. (He's not suggesting that we don't do crunches, just that they don't have a waist-trimming effect at all.)

True??
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 05:14 PM  
Gymmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove
Now I'm kind of interested in Tae Bo abs. I didn't like all of Billy's counting before, but this still sounds fun! Is this on Netflix at all? What series is this from?
It wasn't from a Series, it came out about the time that Tae Bo Extreme was released.
“Think about Corey. Right at the finish line and his body gave up after one mile. You’re looking at yourself and if you have 100 plus pounds to lose, your body wants to be healthy.”--Bob Harper on Contestant Corey Pinkerton TBL10

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Beachbody Coach
Gymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 05:52 PM  
Inchworm

I have to say that I also did Taebo Cardio Circuit 1 today and it is another fantastic workout. I've had it for years, but haven't done it in a while. It's a good 36 minutes and it's short enough to fit in as an add on for cardio and it is truly excellent! I love it and wish he had made more in this circuit fashion in the under 40 minute range. This also had a lot of standing ab work and I was totally sweaty at the end.

I like it better than the Cardio Circuit 2, which I also have. The CC2 is about 50 minutes though.

Does anyone have other under 40 min favorite Taebo workouts?

Thanks,,

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 06:07 PM  
Kathleen Ann

All this talk about Tae Bo got me reaching for my only two, The Ripped ones. I got a great wo to the point I got nauseous, that was not so good. Anyway, I went to Billy's website and was overwelmed by all the videos. Which one's!!!!!

I'm getting some from my library to try. The Cardio Circuit 1 & 2, Ab bootcamp, and Cardio bootcamp live.

His website had 3 ab wo's (i think it was 3). Which one is being refered to in the thread?

I use to have the Advanced Live all 12, but I lent them to by stepdaughter and she gave them to someone!!!!!!! Not so mad, I was not too thrilled about them anyway from what I remember. Maybe i just got use to Billy.

Anyway, I enjoyed the wo and would like to get more, but I just want a good cardio one.

Any suggestions? And what is the name of the ab one being mentioned?
Old 04-18-09, 06:12 PM  
juberann

Regarding the statement about twisting doing the slimming and crunches building the strength that Billy makes, all I know is I have done (in the past) crunches and floorwork ab routines until the cows came home and NEVER got flat abs,I have had much better results doing Billy's Abs then I ever did doing crunches,I am a believer in what he is saying. I really think if slimming is your goal, crunches are not going to get you there very fast(if at all).
Inchworm~ How about Power Rounds?? Maybe Gymmie (who I consider my TaeBo EXPERT) can tell us more about Power Rounds but Billy has an interval series out and I have ordered (and am waiting on) 12,20 and 30 Minute Power Rounds. I think these are mainly cardio interval workouts where you "power" up for one minute, take a short active rest,then do another round so those are all short workouts. I traded for one but bought two of them (new) from amazon. I'll post when I get them and get a chance to try one out.
I like Cardio Circuit 1,too,in fact, that is the very first TaeBo workout I ever did. I thought I was going to die but couldn't wait to do it again I must have had that DVD for three years before I even opened it My loss
Kelly, can't wait to hear about your results? What are your goals with TaeBo? toning,losing weight? because you'll definitely get there with TB Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
costochrondritis, tae bo, tae bo amped