Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-09, 03:57 PM  
Inchworm

Thanks Judy for suggesting Taebo Abs! Loved it, holy cow!

Well, today I did BBC Lower Body and used my Kbell for 2 of the cardio intervals. Then, I wanted to try my brand new Taebo Abs and it was a really great workout. Thanks so much for suggesting this one. I also liked how he explained about how that kind of work trims that area and that when you do the lying down stuff is more for building strength. Makes sense. I've always really liked standing abdominals, like in Slim Series and of course Taebo and I'll tell ya, between this workout, other Taebos, lots of planks and maybe some Pilates, hopefully I'll get my 4 pack to turn into a 6, at least maybe on those days when I'm not so ridiculously bloated.

Thanks again. I hope I like the Extreme Workout too. Do you like Extreme better than Amped?

Happy Taeboing! I just hope my Costochondritis doesn't act up now, which can happen if I do too much twisting stuff.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 04:12 PM  
Gymmie

I have that one planned to do again next week. I love the abs and glutes from the Old School days but my TV died and since it's only on VHS have to wait until I replace it next month.
“Think about Corey. Right at the finish line and his body gave up after one mile. You’re looking at yourself and if you have 100 plus pounds to lose, your body wants to be healthy.”--Bob Harper on Contestant Corey Pinkerton TBL10

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Beachbody Coach
Gymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 04:29 PM  
pumptmuscle

Costochondritis (n) - An overuse injury resulting from constantly twisting to get your credit card while standing on line at Costco

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 04:31 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptmuscle
Costochondritis (n) - An overuse injury resulting from constantly twisting to get your credit card while standing on line at Costco
Too funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm
I also liked how he explained about how that kind of work trims that area and that when you do the lying down stuff is more for building strength.
Does anyone know if this is really true?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 05:40 PM  
lindseylu8

yes, thanks Judy! I really enjoy this one!

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 05:56 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Does anyone know if this is really true?
The twisting moves he does are super slimming for the waistline...doing Tae Bo made my obliques super strong and much slimmer than before. I have found NOTHING that makes my abs look better than Tae Bo! (oh, and a reasonable diet certainly doesn't hurt!)
Old 04-17-09, 06:19 PM  
juberann

Kelly~ I am so thrilled to hear you like this one! this has got to be my favorite abs workout of all time! I knew,from the first time I did it, that this one was going to be a favorite! I love the music and energy of the workout and it is just super effective I have read some reviews (not on videofitness) that this workout can hurt your back and I do agree with that,IF you're not doing it properly (any workout can hurt you if done inproperly) the secret is to not move your hips,it only took me a couple of sessions before I had the form down now I'm just hooked! Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 06:52 PM  
jEnNnY

Judy, and everyone else interested: Do you think it's normal to feel DOMS in my lats from bending to the side, you know the move Billy does where you get your elbow towards your hip, and the hip to the elbow? I did this move on Wednesday and I had major DOMS in my lats yesterday. I'm wondering if that means I am doing something wrong with the move or if that's just normal. Thank you
jEnNnY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 08:31 PM  
juberann

jennny~ the first time I did TaeBo Abs I felt it in my lats,too. The next time I did the workout I relaxed my shoulders and lowered my arm a little bit and didn't have a problem,make sure your arm is directly to the side and not forward or back too much. I think the lat DOMS was due to too much tension,that's just my guess
Oh,and about Extreme,Inchworm asked in her post and I neglected to answer (sorry). Let me first say that I LOVE,LOVE the AMPED series I have a true love/hate relationship with that Bar (only because I find it VERY challeging to use) so I can't say I like Extreme BETTER then AMPED but it runs a close second. Using the Step is great fun, I love the weight work and floorwork in Extreme and am thrilled to have it. There isn't a ton of Step work in it but that doesn't bother me,some say it's not very challeging but I found that,for me, it's definitely an advanced workout. I can't wait to hear what you think,Inchworm Extreme is definitely on the Top 5 of My Favorite TaeBo Workouts List Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 09:43 PM  
jEnNnY

Thanks Judy I will follow your advice, it does make sense to me. And I want that tension in my abs not anywhere else
jEnNnY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
costochrondritis, tae bo, tae bo amped