Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-23, 02:29 PM  
Leonana

Today was Chest and Back. I liked this one a lot. Again, she combines the band and dumbbells, with slow, isolation movements. I really can feel it in my shoulders and upper back. I also liked how the camera filmed her from above when she did floor chest presses, so I could see exactly how she was moving her arms.
Old 06-08-23, 02:29 PM  
Leonana

I keep getting the 500 Error (sigh).
Old 06-08-23, 07:55 PM  
Leonana

Testing to see if I can post. I can’t seem to post more than a few sentences.

I’m giving up posting the rest of my post, I get the 500 error. Sorry for no personals.
Old 06-09-23, 07:05 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

The smog situation has greatly improved, so I hope to go outside later today for the first time in days. Yay! The air quality should be in the normal range later, hopefully.

I didn't feel like exerting myself while the air quality was so poor, even indoors because there was a slight smoky smell in here. That's gone now, so I'm going to restart the 5 day Improved Health plan later.

Donna, How is the air quality there? I heard the smog was heading your way. It's good you were able to go for a walk with your DD before it got too bad. I think what you said about not getting another dog makes a lot of sense.

Sherry, It's weird you're having trouble posting. No one seems to be running VF since Wendy is MIA, but I hope the situation improves. Maybe you could try using a different browser and see if that helps? I want to start Build, but I want to be sure I'm ready for it, so once I finish the 5 day Improved Health plan, I think I'll try the Improved Health - Interval Training Program Series Donna mentioned and then start Build. We'll see.

Pam, How was kayaking yesterday? It's crazy how we had to wear masks indoors during COVID and now we have to wear them outside. Unfortunately, it seems these fires are going to become more common. Good thing I still have a stash of masks. I read N95 and KN95 are good for the smog. I was supposed to have pickleball class yesterday but it was cancelled, which was fine because there was no way we could play in the smog.
Old 06-09-23, 09:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think our air quality is improving as well - it was never as bad here as in NY/NJ, etc. But there was a definite haze and slight smokey smell.

I didn't get any add ons done yesterday, after work I just relaxed, read and listened to some podcasts - Jessica Valant talked about a health scare she had -which resulted in her having a brain MRI. Fortunately, her MRI was clear but during the podcast she was talking about her struggles to get the MRI read by her doctor and getting the results of it. All I can say is the medical system is in such disarray. From what I understood her results were sent to the wrong doctor in the practice, they didn't get read, then her dr was on vacation so they were not going to give her the results until after the Memorial Day weekend. Can you imagine knowing that results were sitting there and that someone could tell you what they said but wouldn't? She talked about advocating for herself and finally getting the results. But how awful - first if there was something to be concerned about you are wasting precious time and second if there was nothing to be concerned about how cruel to expect someone to just wait patiently for results - don't they realize the psychological impact that waiting has on people? Unfortunately, I have experienced the same types of things in medicine as well. I know these places are short staffed and such but just awful about how the patients are treated.

Anyway - that is my ramble for today.

Today's workout was:

Trifecta Pilates - Fun Fusion which was a nice mixed class. Some standing, some on the floor - you had the option to use a Pilates ring if you had one. I felt like I got some nice mobility and strengthening work done. I also liked that the pace was sane - so you had time to focus on what you were doing.

I have to bring my car in - the tire is low/losing air - I suspect that we got a nail in there from the roof work. I hope they can repair it and that new tires will not be necessary. I'm doing that on my lunch hour today - so I hope it is quick.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Sherry - I hope you can post now - maybe clear cookies? Sometimes things just glitch for no apparent reason.

wishiwasinhawaii - the air wasn't that bad here! I hope you like the interval plan - you really only "have" to do the interval workouts and the one long workout - Jules mentioned you can do something else for the shorter days if you want. Also, there is no strength work in these so you may want to add those on. I was thinking maybe some of her "All in One" workouts may be nice to do with the interval routines?

Pam - i hope you had fun kyaking!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-23, 04:54 PM  
Leonana

It seems I can post again. We’ve also had problems with our internet going in and out, maybe that had something to do with it.

I did the M.S.S.S. Step Mix. This was similar to most of Jessica’s step routines. She did have a few body weight moves using the step, such as a plank. I have DOMS from yesterday too, in my chest and arms. These workouts seem to be hitting muscles I don’t use often. I think this is a good recovery rotation, or to alternate with a heavy strength session.

wishiwasinhawaii, I think you can make Build easier by modifying and using lighter weights. I started out with heavier weights because it moved slower, but it was too advanced for me. And I might be less advanced than most people, so it seems more intense to me. Although, some posters in JS FB group are finding it tough at times too.

Donna, I forgot about cookies, I’ll try that too. I understand about tests. I had my heart ultrasound last Friday, and got the results on Wednesday. I guess that’s quick for modern times. I just tell myself if it was bad, they’d call me sooner. Hopefully! Everything was fine, no change from last year.
Old 06-10-23, 07:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We had some rain yesterday and it seems to have cleared the air and today is a very nice day!

Today's workouts so far:

- Improved Health - Saxy Workout - I was in the mood for one of Jules' workouts but the Interval Series is very repetitive in terms of the music used so I picked this one which had saxophone music.

- Improved Health - 25 Day Strength Program - Day 5 - this was upper body plus a 30 second plank

- Jessica Valant - Beginner Hip Mobility - I really need to keep up with the hip mobiliy/stretching stuff.

I'm glad you can post again, Sherry!

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Donna
Old 06-10-23, 07:49 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Nice day here! The smog has cleared out. Still no rain though so it's very dry.

This morning I did Day 2 of the 5 day Improved Health program. I'm waiting for the mall to open because one of the stores is having a sale on a purse I want, so I'll head over there and then I might walk outside for a bit. I have a lot to do indoors as well.

Donna, It's funny, but I was a musician in my younger days yet I never notice the music in workouts, unless it's terrible, LOL. I guess I'm so focused on what I'm doing that I don't pay attention.

Sherry, Glad you can post again! When I start Build I think I'll use lighter weights and see how it goes.

Waves to Pam!
Old 06-10-23, 02:06 PM  
donnamp

wishiwasinhawaii - what is the purse you have your eye on? Prior to COVID I was really into purses - not necessarily expensive ones, but just different types - I guess Post-COVID I'm less obsessed with them than I was before b/c I haven't purchased a new one in 3 years!! I actually like the little backpacks now and the mini-purses which are essentially wallets w/ a shoulder strap or wrist strap. I pop the wallet thingy in the small backpack and then if I run into a store or something I just take the wallet thingy with me. I like the mini backpack b/c I can fit my book in there and my assortment of glasses - reading, distance, close up, sun, etc. LOL!

Donna
Old 06-10-23, 05:30 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Donna, I love backpacks! I have way too many, LOL. This is a link to the purse I bought. I liked it so much I bought one in blue and one in black! I priced it online to see if I could find it cheaper anywhere else but Macy's, Amazon, etc. were all $15-$20 more. I'm going to FL in July and needed something lightweight that would also hold quite a bit and my other purses are leather, which will get destroyed in FL with the humidity and the fact that they have sudden downpours this time of year. The purse I use every day is very small. I do the same thing you do in that it's small enough that I can put it inside backpacks, but I just needed something larger that's not leather and crazy expensive.