Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-23, 02:24 PM  
Buzzer

Firm Super Sculpting... DONE!

I did this one with 12 pound weights for the weights part, and 10 pounds for the weighted bar parts. it was good! The last bit of legs, starting with the endless lunges, cross lunges and back curtsy lunges, I did not use weights. I also skipped weights on the step ups. I grabbed 5 pounds each hand, however I probably should have done it without weights so my form would have been better. My legs are pretty beat up! In a good way though. All the exercise is good, and they are adapting. I am able to do the Firms without pausing and dying, and I can run without pausing and dying. So I think, although I am not giving anything 100%, I am at a good even keel where I can give everything 75% and be Ok with it.

I took LB over to ride the horses/donkey at the friends house, and left her there. So I have about an hour at home to clean and do stuff, but I wanted to check in real quick to keep us active!!! This afternoon I will have her and her other friend over here, so I can do more here. Overall, I might get something done today!!! Plus it's quiet. It rained like crazy about an hour ago, and now the silence is amazing. So quiet after a rain.

I just can't mow the lawn yet becuase it's wet!!! I love the rain though.

Eventmom: I'm so glad the pony is doing good. So scary! I hope he gets to come home soon. I'm glad you guys could go visit. I'm sure that helps their recovery. I didn't notice they came in purple! That's great! I love the gloves. I used them again today, and still love them. HA! I am not a horse person, but I could totally get into grooming a lot with them!

Hi Ebianco and Lucie!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 04:52 PM  
Buzzer

Ran with Trainer 2.7 miles.. DONE!

with my cool down, I ran a total of 3.2 miles! I do like that number. Makes me more confident that I will be able to do a full 5k some time. I did walk the last .5 miles, however I ran 4.4 mph (yeah, still slow.. .but faster than I was!!) and in my speed sprints I did 5 mph. It felt comfortable, and I felt like I could have done more. Especially for the sprints. However, I didn't want to push myself more until I knew I could, so I kept it 5mph. Still faster than I have done before!! Hopefully that number will eventually be my full running speed for the 40 minutes. For now, I am a plodder that acts like she's kicking some booty.

So we ran pretty much the whole time this time. It was 37 minutes, which I guess it's pretty good that I got the 2.7 miles then becuase I am slow. After this series though, I should be faster! I am looking forward to that!

Today we went to the zoo. It was only for about 3 hours, but that was enough. I guess we haven't been to the zoo since before Covid, and honestly, it wasn't as much fun. It is the same. I think LB and her friend had more fun running around and eating lunch. So if it's free again, we'll go, otherwise I think we will skip for a while! It was nice, but I just don't think we were that into it.

So waves to everyone! I am trying to do better at checking in so we stay on the pages we can see. I don't want to fall off and get lost!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-02-23, 07:06 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA meta level 10 day 6, rode my horse, quick stretch.

met a friend for lunch then went to see the pony - glad dh was driving the friday afternoon traffic was awful.

buzzer- your runs sound awesome. great job. sorry the zoo was a bit of a bust but seems like lb had fun.

hi ebianco & lucie!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-23, 09:07 PM  
Buzzer

Firm Volume 1.. DONE!!!

Wow. that was HARD. I love Susan though! I did this workout thinking of when I started using it (it was my first workout video) and how I thought they were so cutting edge... not because of the workout, but because they made a video! I mean, who woulda thought! they did apparently! I loved the workout too. I thought about how I used to use 12 pounds on my leg on the side lying leg work. How I would be so tired to do the leg shoots... but I would do it!! Today I used no weight on the legs, and had to pause every time she switched exercises for the legs. Long pause before the shoots!!

I used 12 pounds for the whole workout, except for the iron aerobics and light weight stuff, then I used 2's or 5's. It was HARD, but fun! I know I am taking a rest day tomorrow, so I went for it! I didn't go very deep on my lunges, but man, my legs are feeling all I"m doing. So that was OK.

I remembered also seeing Susan wear the yellow leotard once during covid when she was posting workouts. It was so fun! So many memories in that workout! it's been a part of my life for so so long!! 1990 I believe is when I got it. Wow.

Today we found out the equestrian center where LB takes horse riding lessons is closing. Many tears have been shed! Luckily we have the friends with the horse, pony and donkey so LB can still ride, but hearing about the closing was like a punch in the gut. LB was almost inconsolable. She was more upset about the ponies she loves and the horses she will miss! She is so worried about what will happen to them. They are still boarding horses for 2 months, while everyone finds somewhere else to settle into. This state is getting so crowded though, and equestrian centers are closing a lot. Property values are going way up and it's more lucrative to sell the open property than to keep an equestrian center going. It's awful. I really miss the cow town we used to be

So LB started out with the big horse she helped train, then they moved. Which worked out, because she had joined westernaires. We left westernaires and went to the equestrian center. Now she is also riding with her friend, so at least she will still get horse time. In just what, 2 or 3 years, we have had a lot of horse time changes! Luckily our friends are planning on being around for a long time, so we should have that horse time for a while. So, so sad though. Many tears shed today by many people.

I told her horse trainer to keep in touch and let us know where she lands. Hopefully we can still take lessons from her, she is really a wonderful woman!

So that's our sad story for the day. I think I am ready for a break from everything!!

Eventmom: My runs are awesome! Well, for me. I bet some people walk as fast as I run, but I am loving them! Thank you! I hope the pony gets home soon

Hi Lucie and Ebianco!

I am taking a rest tomorrow, so I will return to check in on Monday... which coincidentally is LB's ELEVENTH Birthday!!! Eleven. It does not seem like she should be that old!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-04-23, 03:02 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA meta 2.10 day 7 + 13 min gina b
today - essentrics 25 min and planning a qi gong (lee holden put out a free 5 days)

pretty tired. yesterday we drove up to see the pony, dd and her bf met us there and we all hung out with him. Today they don't let you visit. Yesterday we all went to a 'food court' sort of fancy with outdoor seating and lots of different types of food in downtown OKC.

buzzer- so sorry to hear the equestrian center is closing. it's not just that property values go up but feed and hay costs have skyrocketed the last few years making thin profit margins even thinner. many people just can't make the numbers work - and it's a burn out sort of business. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LB!

Waves ebianco and lucie!
Old 06-05-23, 11:41 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I got behind and am catching up on my check in:

Thursday: I did the same Daniel PT HIIT (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8SM...h_HiE0t0X0vOQm) which was great for a quick short day.

Friday: Walk outside then Epic Endgame Day 7 legs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZZ...vilnbL&index=7). I was a little short on time but still did about 80%+ of the workout, it was great for being the only leg day this week.

Saturday: Cathe LITE PHA 2 which was great, I wanted something easier since I was also hosting a party on Sunday and needed to do some major cleaning, but I still went higher than Cathe on weights (she was going lighter than usual because it was a LITE) and really got my heart rate up. I added the ab bonus and extended stretch for a 60 minute workout. Then a couple sweaty hours of Clean Max

Sunday: Firm Ballroom Aerobics warm up (about 20m worth) then Epic Endgame Day 8 back/biceps/abs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWNV...vilnbL&index=8) which was great. I really powered through it and got a great workout. I'm really enjoying my partial Epic Endgame rotation!

Today and tomorrow: unplanned rest but I did get in my 2 mile early morning walk today! (and hopefully tomorrow)

Eventmom Yeah I can't believe how old certain workouts are either, also, I definitely hoard all my DVDs now, even if I am only so so on the workouts. You never know when your workout tastes may change or your needs change (something less intense, etc.) and like you said almost no one is making DVDs anymore. Really just Cathe, Jessica Smith, and Linda from Barlates that come to mind. I was just on Linda's channel and she has some neat stuff recently, like a wall pilates series (for purchase) that I may look into!

Buzzer Ah so you have the same issue with that chest to belly ratio. It sucks! I try to define my waist area with a front tuck (or full tucked in if at work) since I think I'm kind of a rectangle shape, my natural waist tapers in a little bit but not obviously enough with a small chest and bigger belly. On the other hand something really defining like a belt usually doesn't work for me, especially on pants where the belt loops are (on dresses if I can put belt at my natural waist a couple inches higher, that is great). And along those lines, I find higher waist jeans/pants are better for me than a mid waist and low waist doesn't do me any favors at all. I agree with you loose shirts don't really help either.

I was going to sample some STS2 abs and stretch after Cathe PHA 2 on Saturday but then I was too lazy to change DVDs after the main workout LOL Next week I just need to go ahead start trying those total body then hopefully they will be great and I can add them to my Cathe total body rotation!

Firm Volume 1 is always hard. I used to go really heavy on the side laying floor work too in my 20s, now it's like no way! I wear ankle weights and that's already killer!

Lucie waves!
Old 06-06-23, 12:01 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - classical stretch episode
today - jacquelyn gentle barre + warm up

So yesterday just wore me out. I took the new horse to see a vet that does osteopathy - he does not want to back off the trailer. he turned around and jumped off. but he was good for the vet. while I was driving there I got the call I could get the pony. Of course the new horse had beat up the pony so I didn't want to haul them together. Went home, had help unloading the new horse. Ate some food took off to get the pony - which meant I drove right past where I'd been with the new horse. Traffic backed up on the way home so I went a round about way - poor little guy was worn out when we got home. So was I. I was worried about him but by 10 pm check he was looking better. suffice to say, not up for a TA workout today.

ebianco - since your rest days are 2 mile walks that's pretty awesome.

hi buzzer and lucie!
Old 06-07-23, 08:15 AM  
Buzzer

Ran with my trainer... DONE!

This is a fun "recovery" run. We ran along the beach so it was zero incline! I loved it. I did go down to a walk twice, just because I was feeling... I dunno. Like I had to. So I did, but it was only about 30 seconds max I walked. otherwise, I kept a pretty steady 4.0-4.4 mph run. At one point, he stopped talking (he talks like Leslie and Tony Horton... non stop!!! But he's interesting and teaching, so it's good) and told us to focus on breathing though out noses. It's a recovery run, so we should be able to. I couldn't at 4.4, so I went to 4.0. So I guess I was going too fast for my recovery run! This isn't easy, going slower.

I got a total of 2.74 miles, then .5 on my cool down walk. So a total of 3.24 miles! I'll take it. Anything that totals over 3.2 in my invisible tally in my head is good. I am getting better! I was relaying to LB about when he told me I could run 12 minutes, and I was so afraid. I just didn't think I could. So now I am running 40 minutes, although I am slow, I am doing it! So that's progress. Next we are working on speed, so maybe I will get that going too. I do enjoy it though and feel like I"m getting a good workout.

LB is helping her swim instructor this week, and it's kinda wearing on me. I am glad she is only doing it this week. We leave the house at 10, then don't get home until 2. The time with her swim instructor is only 2 hours but we also have an hour commute so it's long. She's happy though, and it's fun to watch the lessons, so it's worth it. It's only this week.

Next week, LB is in camp from 9-2:30, and DH is out of town. Sounds perfect, right? Nope. Her BFF's Mom and I were going to coordinate taking the kids back and forth so neither of us has to do it the whole time. Turns out, I am doing the majority of taking back and forth. Then, she had talked about having the kids over at her house one night to just make it easier on the one day she is picking them up and then dropping them off again in the morning, then she decided the kids should have one night at my house too. I might beg out of that one. I don't want them to spend the night. I don't mind the daughter, but I don't want the son also. Anyhow, it's a 45 minute trip there, then 45 minutes back home. Add in going to her house to get her kids or drop them off, which is an additional 15 minutes. So I don't get any time to myself. Plus I'm killing the car. I am not excited after all. Kinda dreading it now. I really think I'll beg out of the sleep over.

I hate when something fun turns into a chore, and it's just because someone else is asking for you to do extraordinary favors for them because you will "be there anyhow"! I think between this week of swim lessons and next week of camp, I'm already tired and over it! I had plans to get stuff done at the house next week, but I just don't think I'll have time. I'll be in the car for 90 minutes, get home, have maybe 3 hours, then get back in the car for 90 minutes. ugh.

anyhow, I will survive!

Ebianco: I am high fiving you for wearing things with a waist!! AND A BELT! I can't even imagine. I feel like I look pregnant, so I am afraid of belts. They used to be a fashion statement, now I feel like they emphasize my belly. I am comfortable with the front tuck though! Not so much the full tuck. I need to look up how to look decent though and NOT pregnant. I think I'd cry if someone told me I look pregnant.

Eventmom: Yay for the pony coming home!! That's so exciting! I'm glad he's doing well!! So exciting. I know how hard it was when my bunnies got a stasis, which is kinda like colic in horses. It's so scary! I know it's annoying, but I thought it was kinda funny the new horse doesn't want to back out of the trailer. How he got turned around to go forward, I can't imagine. I guess he was hauled in a trailer that had a front door and a back door?
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-08-23, 07:36 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Vol 5? with Jayne Poteet... DONE!

this workout was.... ok. Lots of warm up, and the first cardio part was more warmup. She says something like "almost there!" and I think "we didn't even really do anything!" The biceps were only 5 pound weights, no heavy work. The triceps and chest were decent, and I think the back work was OK, it really hit the legs. I did the legs kinda at 50%, since I know today's run will involve a hill, and hill running, so I wanted to spare some leg energy for that! Overall it wasn't a bad workout, but not a great workout. I like it because it is an original Firm. I just love the volumes. The ab work was great though!!! I am feeling the abs today!

Yesterday we helped her swim instructor (which is so much fun!!), then hit the park with friends. At the park, it started raining like crazy after an hour so we all left and LB and I went to the bookstore. She needed to go to Martial Arts, so we had to kill some time. After Martial Arts, we went home and crashed. It's been a busy week!!

I was making my list of things I want to get done next week, and most of it is painting. Painting rooms in the house that haven't been painted since we moved in (DH moved in 17 years ago, I moved in 16 when we got married), painting our 1980's closet doors to try to make it more up to date, painting some black furniture (cheap shelves) so they aren't black anymore!, plus we have an antique bench I want to paint and recover the seat. We had my Mom recover our chairs and bench when we bought them way back when, and the fabric is no longer something I even like, let alone want in my house. So I am going to use the bench to practice on since it's kinda been floating in my house with not much purpose/use. I doubt I can get that all done in the few hours I'll have next week, but I'm gonna try!!

Waves to everyone! We are still getting so. much. rain! I kinda love it! I hate the extreme heat (anything over 80 to me is extreme heat, so I totally wilt when it's 90 or 100!) I like the warm days that are tolerable, and the cool nights!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-08-23, 10:11 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I started my workout week yesterday with Daniel PT HIIT again, same one Mega HIIT with an abs focus as the last couple of weeks (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8SM...h_HiE0t0X0vOQm). This time I did even better on my peak heart rate, 160 instead of 156!

Today was back to Epic Endgame, Day 11 quads and calves (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPgU...ilnbL&index=11) after a 1 mile walk outside. I was short on time so had to cut my walk in half, and only did about 75% of the Endgame workout but that's still plenty!

Eventmom Yes I've been slowly trying to increase my NEAT activity so the walks on my off days have been helpful. It's been really nice in general although right now we've been hit with the smoke from Canada so the air quality is down, although not nearly as bad as it is in New York and other places.

I hope your pony is doing well!

Buzzer The Jane Poteet is Firm Volume 6 It was called Boomers because it's supposed to be easier for older people LOL. The 'cardio' in this one especially towards the beginning is definitely way easier than other Firms but I still find it enjoyable. But like you said, I also roll my eyes when she's like "whew almost there!" and I'm like okay I'm just having fun and not taxed at all LOL! This workout is really great for the legs though especially with the leg presses and hover squats. The ab work is good too! I like to switch out the tricep kickbacks for one arm rows and the double arm rows for french press to make the upper body work harder. Biceps really don't get worked except during the step cardio. If you can't tell I've done this one a lot LOL. I love all the classics...except volume 5.

Great job on your running!

Lucie waves!

Tags
wall pilates