Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-23, 07:53 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I took a 51 minute (2.47 mile) walk with one of the Italy crew. I also got up and took a little walk around my building almost every hour to help with my hourly step goals. Made it to over 12,200 steps for the day.

I met with the administrator (insert eye roll); I decided to take a calm, pleasant, and helpful approach (I did not want to start off fighting). The meeting went well, she didn't entirely reverse one of the decisions that I wanted her to change, but she did assure me that she would follow the policies that we had previously agreed on. I'm still annoyed, but overall her decision means less work for me this summer (though it may create more work in the fall), so I'm going to let it go and see how it plays out. I still have several emails to send, and things to get done before the trip, so I'm just going to focus on that.

SB - I'm glad that you were able to get in a nice outdoor walk between your other activities. And how nice that you were able to help your sister out again with the PT. I imagine she is very glad that you are there, and I'm glad to hear that she is doing better!
Old 06-07-23, 10:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

MR All My Best Vol. 1

I think MR's AMB dvds are my favorites from her. This one yesterday was a good one and I felt it. I haven't hit the weights recently so I needed that. We're getting very smoky murky air from the Canada wildfires here so I think I may pass on an outdoor walk today.
ETA-- I hope NORA is ok. I think these wildfires may be near her neck of the woods!

CAMBET, great job with your walk and steps! Well at least you got some resolution to the work problem for now. I hope it all works out for you.

Waves to all.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 08:22 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

I did 29 mins of Kyra Pro last night (after being somewhat active and going into work during the day) and made it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

I'm planning to work half the day and, hopefully, spend the other half doing house and trip stuff. On a side note, today is my parent's 60th wedding anniversary , so I'll have to make sure to call them later.

SB - Great job with MR! I know that I've mentioned before that I've never tried her, but I'm so curious. I'm looking forward to getting back to weights after the trip. I couldn't believe the images that I saw on the news from New York and other places as a result of the Canadian wildfires. Be careful out there! Like you, I hope that Nora is ok!
Old 06-08-23, 09:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

Fit by Mik Standing Abs with dumbell

This was a short workout to target the midsection. I liked it. I had wanted to add on kettlebells later in the day but it never happened. I think I'll stay indoors again today. It's really pretty scary outside as far as smoke and poor air quality. My DS came by with an air purifier and my eyes are still irritated even inside. I can't even imagine what it must be like to live right in the path of these wildfires.

I met up with a couple of friends for an early dinner last night but I think I'll stay in completely today.

CAMBET, good job with your steps.
I hope you're able to get everything done before your trip. Happy 60th anniversary to your parents. How sweet.

MR is low dread and easy on the joints but she works the muscles well. Her body electric shows are easy to fit into any schedule. I know they appear on youtube all the time. Still sending good thoughts up NORA's way.

Hi VAN.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-09-23, 08:40 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

I did some Kyra Pro here and there yesterday, but I fell asleep last night before I could get in a formal workout, as planned. I made it to over 7,800 steps for the day (and I would have easily gotten in 22 mins of KP if I hadn't fallen asleep). I had also planned to mow the lawn (which would have also gotten me to over 10,000 steps for the day), but my neighbor stopped by right as I was getting ready to get up and get dressed to head out there.

Honestly, it was probably for the best. I was at work until 3:00 pm, and when I got home I had this moment lying on the couch when I thought, boy, am I tired. No just physically tired, but the last 4 days at work have been mentally tiring; there's just been so much that has had to be done. I did finish all the big things - I have maybe 2 or 3 small emails to send today- but I feel very frustrated with myself/the situation that I ended up prioritizing work over getting myself totally ready for the trip. I have more to do today (around the house, running errands, and for the trip) than I have time for, so I'll have to figure out what absolutely has to be done pre-trip and tackle the other things afterwards.

I imagine that with all of the running around that I'll need to do today, I should be able to hit 10,000 steps with no problem.

SB - Great job with your abs workout! The smoke and poor air quality do sound scary , especially with as close as you are to it. Staying in sounds like a good plan. I'll check out MR on YT after I get back. Also sending good thoughts Nora's way.

Waves to VAN and Nora.
Old 06-10-23, 06:58 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I ran around a lot finalizing trip things. I did some Kyra Pro here and there. I also mowed the front lawn. Made it to over 10,600 steps for the day. I'm still not totally packed but right now I'm under the dryer since I washed my hair. I have about 3 hours before I have to head to the airport. I think I'll have time to get everything done. At least I hope so.

I'm not taking my laptop, so I'm guessing that I won't be able to post much from Ghana. I'll see if I can post from my phone. If not, I'll be back in touch of the other side of the trip.

SB - I hope that things have gotten better with the air quality. I'm flying from Charlotte to New York, so I guess I'll see some of that for myself. Have a great week!

Waves to Van and Nora!
Old 06-10-23, 08:08 AM  
Vantreesta

I don't know where the week went! No time for a real post right now but wanted to wish cambet a safe and fun trip!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-23, 10:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

41 minute outdoor walk

Ah a nice breezy almost clear day yesterday. We had some brief showers last night and today seems back to normal for the most part. I am planning a walk today.
I went to my friend's house for dinner last night to celebrate my birthday which is today. We had a really fun time and she spoiled me. Tonight my kids are taking me out to my favorite restaurant. I have a few other things planned this week with my sister and my friend from out of state. Who knew getting so old could be so fun? LOL.

CAMBET, sounds like a hectic week but good job getting your steps in and finishing up what you could. The air quality seems back to normal so I think your flight should be all good. Safe travels!

Hi VAN and NORA.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-10-23, 10:35 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy birthday, SB!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-23, 10:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thank you, VAN