Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-23, 11:08 PM  
Tea Tyme

I知 with Kat999 and use Ponds as my makeup remover. I then use Cereve cleanser unless I知 too tired, then it is just Ponds! I use the green caped jar, fragrance free. I think you would like the Ponds; it is non-irritating to my eyes and moisturizing without being greasy.
Tea Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 05:22 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Beth, regarding the Dove deodorant, it worked for me for wetness. But it does have a light scent. I switched to Vanicream Antiperspirant, but I do have some perspiration with that one. Although tbh, I read Dove solid and thought it was the Dove bar soap. I lost track of the conversation lol.
I thought the Dove solid deodorant in the Sensitive formula is fragrance-free. It doesn't say that on the bottle, but I can't smell anything.
Old 06-08-23, 08:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I use the Almay eye makeup remover pads. Gentle and they do a good job of removing makeup. I don't wear mascara very often, my eyes are very sensitive, but it removes it well.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 08:41 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I thought the Dove solid deodorant in the Sensitive formula is fragrance-free. It doesn't say that on the bottle, but I can't smell anything.
Maybe I知 thinking of a different one, or they changed it. I値l have to look for it, thanks! Vanicream is more expensive.
Old 06-08-23, 08:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks all for the responses! I will definitely consider Ponds. I do still use a Stridex-like pad after cleansing, so maybe that would help ensure that the Ponds doesn't leave my skin too moisturized.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-23, 04:26 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Ahh, glad I subscribed to this thread - I could only find it under the subscribed threads on my page since the search feature isn't working!

Here are a couple of random questions that have come to mind of late.

First, if you use shower gel in the shower, what do you use to apply it? I don't really like washcloths and so I'm currently using a "pouf," but I hate how they get out of shape so quickly. Does anyone have something they like better?

Second, has anyone found that their antiperspirant works differently after menopause? I can't find an antiperspirant that I really like - I don't consider myself a bit sweater, but I don't like wetness under my arms, and these days, only the smallest amount of warm seems to produce a product fail (this is especially weird because I'm so often cold, not hot!). Then I saw something about increased sweating in menopause, so I'm wondering if that could be a factor even though I don't think I'm sweating any more overall. Anyway, is there a particular antiperspirant that you would recommend, mainly for wetness issues?

Okay, here's my final question - does anyone have any Dollar Tree beauty products that they really like? I saw a purple shampoo there that seems to have good reviews. I've tried things there before that I've liked, but I was wondering if anyone has regular DT products that they really love.
I saw this IG post by Dr Dray and thought of you.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ctbtt...RlODBiNWFlZA==

She says to use deodorant at night, it will stop wetness more effectively. Of course, you壇 have to take your shower at night.
Old 06-13-23, 06:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Sherry! I do shower in the a.m., so I guess that wouldn't work for me, at least not now...maybe in my old age I'll switch that up.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-13-23, 07:14 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Beth -

Regarding your question about poofs, you might like a Salux cloth. It痴 basically a long, wide strip of poof fabric (the Salux brand from Japan is high quality). I tried to paste a link here from Amazon, but it was super long.

Anyway, I think I learned about them here on VF and bought one 5 or 6 years ago. Believe it or not, I知 still using the same one and it looks brand new despite all those showers and trips to the washing machine. I like it more than poofs, because while I can scrunch it up and use it like a poof, I can also open it up to wash my back and it dries super fast.

Anyway, this response is a little late, but figured I値l pass along the great VF tip I got years ago.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-23, 07:22 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Trixoo I'll check it out! Right now I'm still using a poof, LOL.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-14-23, 09:06 AM  
star117

I've been using Purity cleanser by Philosophy for years. it takes all my makeup off pretty well - I don't use waterproof - and I don't find it to be drying on my skin.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2023, 2023 beauty, beauty, beauty products, beauty thread, beauty thread 2023, beauty tips, hair products, off topic, off-topic