Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-23, 07:37 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I got a lot done yesterday! Weeded out another area of my garden, used some tree killer to kill some invading trees in my fence line, and scraped more on the shed - one more day of scraping needed to finish! Last night’s dinner was good - met more people that will be living at the co-op and some considering buying into there.

Today I’ll be having a MOBE call to check in and going for a walk with my friends. Then, hopefully finish scraping the shed. I also have to clear off my driveway and not park in my garage as I’m having asphalt sealer being applied tomorrow. It will be a busy day! I feel like I’m making progress on all my house projects!

Laura, my Tuesdays feel like Saturdays also because I’m at WRC on Mondays now, as well as Fridays. Glad retirement gives me that freedom to consider most days Saturdays . Poor Polly having her day blown . It sounds like I’ll be having one day assigned to move into my co-op, so I might do a one day transfer instead of several weeks of car trips. I might have the same piles as my friend who I helped move.

Paula, Yay for decluttering! I didn’t have to do my donation this year, but it feels good to see the pile gone. We’ve got ten more units to go at the co-op before ground breaking - hope it sells to it’s 60% soon!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 09:16 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout today was a neighborhood walk with DH, Pahla B Body Shaping Day 17 Movement Stretch, and my PT routine.

Another lazy day. DH went to the airport so I had the house to myself. I spent the morning going through my closet and taking out items I rarely or never wear. I put them on a shelf - purgatory. I'll keep them there for a while so I can change my mind before I send them to donation. I've been known to do that. I then pulled stuff out that needed ironing but I had just hung up at the time because I was in a hurry and steamed or ironed them so I'd actually wear them. After using my iron I went to lunch, when I got home it had leaked all over the ironing board making me angry. I found a YouTube video on leaking irons - found my exact model in fact. Turned out I was using it wrong and the leaking was my fault, my bad. (Maybe I should have read the manual). Now I know how to prevent the leaking. I spent the afternoon cutting fabric for my quilt. So all in all I'm feeling productive.

Anita, sounds like you had a productive day too. The stuff we took to donation the other day was household stuff and some of DH's clothes - inspired me. I hope your those people you met who will be your neighbors were people you can be friends with. You're making good progress on all your house projects - decluttering too. Pat yourself on the back. Even so moving everything in one day could be a big job. Hopefully they just mean the big stuff and you can be moving in smaller items over the course of days.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 07:25 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on my strength class today. I’m expecting the driveway sealer people today so I’m ready for them and cancelled my game with a friend. I’m not sure what time they’ll be here. I’ll probably come straight home after my class and work on the shed - I did pick up paint yesterday! I did take it somewhat easy yesterday, so still have a day of scraping ahead. Yesterday I ran some errands to the hardware store and the Sherwin-Williams store for paint.

Paula, I use the purgatory model for things on their way out also. I did get rid of some things that could be essential like a stick vacuum and a mixer, but I haven’t used them in years. Glad you figured out a way to stop your iron leaking - otherwise it would be in my garbage. Sounds like my new place will have two units moving in each day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon, because there’s basically one elevator. That’s one way to stop the chaos of 56 units moving in at once. I’ll probably have half a day to move my stuff - what day? Who knows!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 06-08-23, 09:27 PM  
sciencelady

Hello everyone!

I got a message from Laura that she’s having problems posting because of 404 errors . She is thinking of us though!

Today I finished scraping my shed! I also got the driveway asphalt refinished, so no access on my driveway for several days. In strength class, I didn’t work on a single PR in deadlifts, but did sets of 5 instead - managed that with 155 lbs. Way below where I was before hip and knee surgery, but still a fair amount. I didn’t want to threaten the artificial joints by going up where I did record weights before. It’s been a good day!

Anita
Old 06-08-23, 09:32 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout today was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 17 Cardio, a neighborhood walk with DH and my PT routine.

We went flying today, the sun came out mid-afternoon and it's still a little sunny out. So maybe the weather will start getting nicer. Fingers crossed.

I have my annual physical on Monday morning. My doctor emailed me the lab order so I'm going to get blood drawn tomorrow. My appointment is 12:20 and I have to fast. Guess I'm spoiled because that is going to be hard.

Anita, Hope your day went well and the driveway sealers got the job done. Wow, that plan for people moving morning and afternoon all using the same elevator sounds like a challenge. I think you're right, could be chaos on move in day. Hope you got the work done on the shed you wanted to accomplish.
Old 06-09-23, 07:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning, followed by a walk and a trip to the grocery store. I might start painting, although we’re predicted some rain (yay!) tomorrow. Otherwise, I’ll wait till Monday when everything is dry again if there is any rain that comes down.

Paula, I’m not a fan of late blood draws that require fasting . Hope you make it through that! I might do some sanding and cleanup of the outside of the shed before starting the painting.

I hope Laura makes it back today!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 06-09-23, 04:52 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Well, I can see the thread today. Let's see if I can post a message.

I've been working on my book. One chapter is on cross-contamination and it's where I go through a lot of different pieces of kitchen equipment and practices. I think it's a lot of text (needed, but still), so I decided I needed some pictures. For every section, I used an AI app to create a picture that applied to the topic. It was pretty cool. There were pictures of all kinds of small appliances and items sitting on a kitchen counter (slow cookers, wood cutting board, waffle iron, etc.) to big appliances (oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, etc.) and concepts (like boiling water for pasta to flour suspended in the air over mixing bowls). I was able to create pictures for all of them, no matter how obscure they were, except for the one for the dishwasher. For some reason, it's a blocked word. I'm hoping that my submitting multiple reports will get them to unblock it. This option is just so cool because I can create such specific pictures and there is no copyright!

I've also been working on the branding for my site. All that work I did on logos previously really helped because I know exactly what I want. And I've learned of more graphic pieces I can use on my website.

Anita - It sounds like next week would be good for the painting. I hope you get the rain. On move-in day, you're going to need to be organized.

Paula - It's ridiculous to schedule someone who needs a fasting blood draw that late. I regularly fast and wouldn't want to go to 12:30.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-23, 05:47 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 18 Moderate Weights, Tamilee Floor Stretch, and my PT routine.

Well, I got my blood drawn and it turned out not to be all that hard to wait to 12:20. DH suggested I eat a second dinner late, so about a half hour before bed I ate again – and this morning I didn’t have much problem with hunger. DH drove me to the blood draw place, as soon as I got back to the car he handed me a Duo bar then we headed to CPK for lunch. So it all went easier than expected.

Anita, hope you got the rain you wanted or if not, you were able to get some sanding done. We had overcast and a little drizzle – again (sign). I guess I should be grateful we’re not having the horrible air quality they are having in the east.

Laura, what you’ve been working on sounds so interesting. When I ate meat and used to prepare it in my kitchen I was concerned about making sure everything was CLEAN especially the cutting board. Even though I know things like spinach can carry germs, I’m not as vigilent as I was with meat.
Old 06-10-23, 07:33 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on putzing around outside doing some sanding down of my shed before starting to paint - there should be some rain this afternoon, so holding off till things dry out here. I’ll also go to a park for a nice walk - we’re having a free day at state parks, so I might drive out to one.

Laura, yay! On being able to post again ! You’re doing well on this book chapter that was stressing you out before! I think I’ll do OK on moving day, whenever that comes up. I’ll just need to remember to leave some things back here to clean up after the movers go. I’m working on giving away or selling some furniture that won’t be coming with me. Hopefully that will be gone before the main move.

Paula, glad your blood draw went OK despite the long fasting time. I’d be very crabby . We get some of the smoky skies from Canada, but at least now the smoke is at a higher level than our breathing zone. I feel sorry for New York .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 06-10-23, 09:24 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

OK. Let's see if I can post. Yesterday, once I posted, I got the 404 Error and wasn't able to see anything other than this thread. Tonight, it didn't work in Chrome, my usual browser, but I could pull it up in Firefox. I've learned to come to this thread first and then try other threads in the GD once I've managed to post here. So far, only the first thread has been displayed. I hope this trend ends soon!

Today was a nice day. I worked on my book this morning and got some hard editing done. This evening, I browsed graphics on the free part of the Adobe.com website. And I found a lot of stuff I need for the website. Between those projects, I went over to Mom and Dad's and talked with Mom about setting up her new computer. She was setting it up over the past couple of days and was about to return the computer (a Lenovo) when it occurred to her that everything she was complaining about and having problems with was caused by Microsoft. And I assured her that was correct and that if she returned this computer, she'd just have to deal with it again with the next one. She was more annoyed by stuff Microsoft did than she had any real problems. By the time I left, we had figured out the answers to several of her issues and she knew her next steps. She seemed pleased, so it was all good. She used to be a software trainer, so she's pretty competent for an 85-year-old. But their old computer is ANCIENT and a lot of the set-up threw new functionality and concepts at her. I'm sure she'll do the rest of it fine.

Anita - I hope you get the rain! We need some here, too, which seems impossible since we had so many rainy days this spring. But that was a while ago, I guess. Good luck getting rid of the furniture.

Paula - Yeah, it really is interesting with the concept of cross-contamination. Probably some of the principles would apply to you as well. If a cutting board has scratches on it, it can hold onto gluten, no matter how hard you scrub it. I'd think the same could be true of other substances. So, I suggest that people don't use wood or plastic. We have Corian cutting boards. They don't cut, warp, or scratch; you can throw them in the dishwasher. To me, they are the perfect cutting boards. We saw them at a craft show in DC and I have no idea how prevalent they are.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote