Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-23, 11:48 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I put the dailies 2x a day into a plastic sandwich bag then into a bin lined with a trash bag. The trash bag eventually goes into the trash. Same at the cat adoption center where I volunteer. Trash bag into the trash.
I do exactly this. (minus the cat adoption center mention).
Old 05-01-23, 12:14 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I use small brown paper lunch sacks and was throwing them in the landfill trash or the pet waste stations around my apartment community, but they recently brought the organic waste cans back so I checked the guidelines and apparently it's ok to throw the paper bags in there as long as the litter is compostible. I use the World's Best unscented so it should be ok. They do say not to throw the cat poop into the bins without a container of some kind.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 12:29 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Two cats, one garbage pick up per week. I use any and every bag that comes into the house: bread bags, paper bags, plastic/cellophane shipping bags, the plastic envelopes that clothing sometimes come in. If it's got at least three sides, I use it. I have a stack of them next to the litter boxes and just fill them up, then toss in the trash. One bread bag (Arnold big loaf is good ) can last almost the whole week.
Old 05-01-23, 02:42 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
We use a litter genie, which is kept next to the litter box. It’s basically one long bag. I can’t imagine having to do anything else! We knot off the bag when the genie is full, dispose of the bag in our large trash bin outside, then pull down another section of bag from the dispenser and knot off the end to keep using.
+1! I can’t imagine doing anything else either!! It’s too easy, no smell, and very practical. My DD uses one too. Love it! Also, what makes me equally as happy is using Fresh Step’s non-clumping clay litter which are bigger particles that can’t get between their toes like the sandy, clumping kind and is very messy. I have very little clean-up after my cat.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 07:55 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
+1! I can’t imagine doing anything else either!! It’s too easy, no smell, and very practical. My DD uses one too. Love it! Also, what makes me equally as happy is using Fresh Step’s non-clumping clay litter which are bigger particles that can’t get between their toes like the sandy, clumping kind and is very messy. I have very little clean-up after my cat.
Okay, I am going to have to look up that litter!

Tags
cats, off topic, off-topic