Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-31-23, 05:29 PM  
Helen

Every Day in APRIL (2023) - All welcome, as always.

Welcome to the "Every Day Check-In"

GROUP
Lately, we've been an awesome foursome but we all love it when newcomers pop in, and even better when they stay.
If you've been hunting for a checkin (a new one, another one, your first one....) - give us a try!

WORKOUTS
We don't focus on any kind of workouts, just daily activity. Something is always better than nothing - there's no pressure to lift or sweat in particular. The focus is to do something related to exercise EVERY DAY.

Anything goes - a simple list of what you've done for the day/week (drive-by posts) through to daily essays that include workouts, life, loves, laughs, and venting are ALL OK.

LEXICON
  • WERD = Well-earned rest day (when your body says to pause, listen)
  • TERD = Totally expected rest day (planned rest, life events, ....)
  • TURD = Totally unexpected rest day (emphasis on singular, but stuff happens y’know?)
  • HERD of TURDS. Usually declared after the 3rd TURD in a row. Physical and mental health are always better with daily movement - be good to yourself and shift that herd!
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 11:14 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Helen!

Today all I did was day 1 of Yoga with Kassandra's new 30 day morning yoga challenge, my toe yoga and some stretches for my neck and tennis elbow.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-23, 11:08 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Need my arrow

Cuz we know I just skim the board!
Thanks for starting us Helen!

4/1/2023: Row 10 mins Breathe
* (I think) and then did a 30 mins. House Ride with Olivia

Only one more ride and the challenge is complete (it's on the docket for today)!!! And today is the last day.

* Hydrow had a switch up in their music. Probably has to do with licensing. Same thing happened at one point with Peloton (and Peloton survived!) but oh my is the facebook page on fire about it. They now have 'genres' I can choose and it will match the genre of music to the row. No specific play list. Which is fine by me. But kinda funny when the athletes are referencing specific songs that are playing and of course, they are no longer playing. I am there to workout and music is usually secondary for me on the Hydrow. I don't even see the scenery sometimes. At any rate, growing pains and I'm sure they will survive. But it's fun to follow the soap opera antics on Facebook!!!

Ok, gotta run.
Waves to all!
Cleda

PS ... April is my month.
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 02:57 AM  
Helen

Not long home from work Monday
Saturday, left home early to go to sydney again
Helped Bridget move in with Cait and saw a chat with Brian Greene (expert on string theory) with Cait
Not home until 10 pm last night
Drove in the rain again
Had Alice with me a DH is still away
Alice was bored (rained most of the weekend)
So about to walk her then get myself moving in the gym

ETA
Back from walk
The flowers are both for your Spring, and for my Autumn, as they're 'Autumn Crocus' and there are many stands of the white variety (as in the picture) currently in bloom at the front of my house - on the house-side street-bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
PS ... April is my month.
Do you mean it is going to be your month - as in "a big one for you" or that your birthday is in April? Because if it's the former, I have to say NO, you can't have it, it NEEDS to be mine. If the latter - you're good.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 05:36 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Do you mean it is going to be your month - as in "a big one for you" or that your birthday is in April? Because if it's the former, I have to say NO, you can't have it, it NEEDS to be mine. If the latter - you're good.
Nope, not my birthday month.

it IS my month ... as in the present tense. I'm living it, doing it, making it mine.

BUT ...Lucky for you ~~~ I'll share.
Together we can do this!

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 03:54 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

April is MY month, as in it is my birthday month! However, after the first 2 days being pretty slug-like, I decided that I need to kick things up a notch and try and stay motivated.

Helen - Another beautiful start to the month! I never heard of Autumn Crocus. I guess we don't have them here, or at least not in my area.
Cleda - That would be strange to have instructors referencing songs that aren't playing? They'll figure it out.
Vantreesta - Glad you are still with us!

4/1 - dog walk
4/2 - Lift w/ Cee Over 40 #14
Daily Moves for Pelvic Health on YT
4/3 - 5.44 mile hike w/ hubby
dog walk

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-23, 12:06 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did day 2 of Kassandra's new Flexible Body challenge, day 14 of the Human 2.0 Fitness Movement challenge, day 1 of Dr. Melissa Oleson's new Core & Pelvic Floor challenge, 2.01 mi run intervals for Just Run Zero to 5k, and Yoga for Runners post-run practice with Matt Giordano. It felt good to finally run again after not running since October. I had to fins a new training app to use and I don't like it as much but it's okay. Zen Labs now charges for their 10k training app that I have been using for many years. I could still use the 5k one for free but since I want to continue on I found the Just Run app to try.

We were at my father-in-law's over the wknd so we didn't get to enjoy the 6" of snow that fell here at home on Saturday. By the time we got home we actually had even less snow on the ground than when we left so you couldn't even tell it snowed Saturday! Rainy today, a few more days in the 30s and 40s and then we're looking at 60s and even a few days of 70s. I love snow but since winter seems to be moving on I will be happy when all the melting and mud are done. Yuck. It's a pain, especially since Cyric doesn't love having his feet wiped off.

Lili, what channel was the Daily Moves for Pelvic Health on?

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-04-23, 08:58 PM  
Vantreesta

I guess my morning melted away! Last night and this morning I was playing catch up on some of my logging/tracking that I let slide when I was at Dad's. Hopefully it's all done now. But since I "wasted" so much time I had to revise my expectations for the day, both in housework and workouts. So I did day 3 of Kassandra's challenge, day 2 of Melissa Oleson's, and day 15 of David O's challenge from January. So around 40 minutes of yoga total. It felt good. My abs and lower body are sore (the good kind) from yesterday.

Old 04-06-23, 11:53 AM  
Vantreesta

Quickie for now. Yesterday I frittered the day away. I had a chiropractor appt in the morning and I had planned to workout before the Twins pregame started at 11:30 or at least do something during the game but it never happened. At 4:00 I finally did day 4 of Kassandra's and day 3 of Melissa's challenges and that was it. I haven't done my toe and foot exercises the last two days so I have to today! I have a run scheduled for today but my shins are tender so I'll see how things feel this afternoon.

Old 04-07-23, 12:44 AM  
Vantreesta

Workouts today were Caroline Jordan 15 Minute Glute Activation Workout, Jenny Ford March Across America California, and Livinleggings Full body stretch that won't break a sweat - Gentle Flexibility Flow.

There must be a disturbance in the force if I am the only one posting!