Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-19-14, 11:06 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I definitely feel less bloated after rebounding, but one significant change I see after every rebounding session is how dewy, glowing and healthy my face looks for the remainder of the day!
Old 09-19-14, 01:22 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have a question for rebounders. I don't have a high end one. Mine is the cheap variety, but nevertheless I use it. I wonder how you match the rhythm of high impact aerobic dvds. I try, but I bounce slower and can't follow the beat. Do you bounce at the same rate they do, or just go at the pace that you can?
Old 09-19-14, 02:05 PM  
Pam

I just go at a pace that is comfortable for me.
Old 09-19-14, 05:06 PM  
BunnyHop

I just create a rhythm that works for me and seems to fit in with the patterns of the music.

Not quite up to tempo sometimes, but consistent.

Other times, I switch up what I'm doing so I can do something at tempo.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 10:15 PM  
Genevieve M

Great story about the lymphodema being resolved. Rebounding is also supposed to help with depression. I think that rebounding should be prescribed for those being treated for cancer AND those suffering from depression!
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 11:15 PM  
spotted zebra

Back when I had an Urban Rebounder before my Bellicon I lost just over 20 lbs or thereabouts and a fair number of inches too like the poster above. I can't say for sure that it was all down to rebounding as I also changed the way I ate at about the same time relating to a health issue. (LCHF diet - yeah, I know it can't really be talked about here). More recently rebounding has helped me with a mild case of lymphodema as well.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 08:26 AM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Great story about the lymphodema being resolved. Rebounding is also supposed to help with depression. I think that rebounding should be prescribed for those being treated for cancer AND those suffering from depression!
I am hypothyroid and still dealing with my doctor on treatment....one of the give-away signs that all is not well for me was depression. Well, rebounding puts me in a "feel good" mood that lasts all day. I am a believer that something internally is happening because no other workout does it quite as strongly and consistently as rebounding. It's a health saver for me.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 08:40 AM  
laurajhawk

This thread is reminding me that when I tried to do just 10 min/day of rebounding, it really seemed to reduce my cellulite. I should do that again although actually that cellulite never did come back as bad as it used to be! I also agree that's it's a great mood booster.

I don't think it burns as many calories as jogging outside. Then again, it depends what you do on the rebounder! It's one of those workouts that can be as hard or easy as you want.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 08:49 AM  
Yelly

All this talk about helping with depression has definitely piqued my interest, as it's starting to creep it's way back in lately.

I wonder how it helps with depression specifically? I'll have to do some research. Knowing me, I'll probably save up for the Bellicon, since I'm an all-or-nothing kind of girl, ha ha! Is the Bellicon easy to store when you're not using it?
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 09:13 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
All this talk about helping with depression has definitely piqued my interest, as it's starting to creep it's way back in lately.

I wonder how it helps with depression specifically? I'll have to do some research. Knowing me, I'll probably save up for the Bellicon, since I'm an all-or-nothing kind of girl, ha ha! Is the Bellicon easy to store when you're not using it?
Get the Bellicon with folding legs and you'll have no trouble. I love my Bellicon, but wish I'd gotten the folding legs. Didn't really think it through before I purchased.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prolapse, rebounder friendly, rebounding, successful weight loss