Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 11-28-06, 10:36 PM  
elisas
VF Supporter

Attention: those with flat feet and narrow heels--what sneaker do you recommend?

I'm having a hard time finding a shoe for aerobics (step & kickbox mostly) that provides good arch and heel support. I"ve been wearing a running shoe that does an excellent job of providing both but I nearly took a major flyer recently while attempting some of the lateral moves on the floor in Ready Step Go! I really need to find something with the shape of an aerobic shoe but the support of a running shoe. Any and all ideas appreciated!

Elisa S.
elisas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-06, 12:25 AM  
little bird

Try Easy Spirit Run/Walk tennis shoes. That was my issue with Nikes and other shoes, the heel was too wide.
Laverne
little bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-06, 12:36 PM  
elisas
VF Supporter

Thanks, Laverne, I appreciate the rec!

Elisa S.
Old 11-29-06, 02:05 PM  
naturallove

My feet are pretty wide in the front and relatively narrow in the heel. I found Rykas to be pretty supportive.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-06, 02:12 PM  
Messe

I haven't had a workout shoe that really fit my foot since the demise of the New Balance 1005. Everything I've tried is too loose in the heel, including Rykas and Nikes and the NB 1006 (worst-fitting shoe I've ever owned) and 1007 (a little better but not as good as the 1005).

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-06, 11:12 AM  
elisas
VF Supporter

Sorry to hear that, Martha. Naturallove, I've read a lot here over the years about Ryka. It may be time for me to make the investment....

Thanks again,
Elisa S.
Old 11-30-06, 12:03 PM  
Leela
VF Supporter

My flat narrow uber skinny feet that overpronate

LOVE capezio dance sneakers for most exercise. I have z-coils for running, which I rarely do.

I know it sounds bizarre, because dance-sneakers are pretty much the opposite of motion control, but these feel great, and I never have foot pain anymore
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-06, 10:17 PM  
elisas
VF Supporter

Leela, are you talking about something like this? http://www.dancegear.com//caprleda.html

If so, wow, what an interesting looking shoe! I've really never seen anything like it. I may have to find a pair to try on. Thanks for the idea.

Elisa S.
Old 11-30-06, 10:46 PM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Yes!!

Those are incredible.
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-06, 08:26 AM  
snapfishsis

Leela,

Do you use your dance sneaks for step? I have a pair i use for my ballet as regular ballet slippers weren't cutting it! I do love them how they arch as I have extremely high arches and need support constantly! I haven't tried them for step though - i'd put regular sneaks on but then I feel like my feet are sliding where the ballet sneaks are snug width wise... feet, feet, feet... I need to be shoed like a horse (goes with the clydesdale stomping!)

thanks..

workouts?? pick a number...
snapfishsis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy spirit shoes