Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 05-27-08, 02:19 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Question Anyone tried Earth Shoes?

I've managed to build up a balance in my PayPal account, so I'm thinking about treating myself to a pair of Earth shoes, and I'd appreciate any feedback. If you've tried them, I'd mainly like to know 1) if you liked them, and 2) if they felt true to size (I'm a widish 8.5).

The ones I'm thinking about getting are called Earth Racer, and they look like this:
http://www.product-warehouse.com/572/WRACERBN.jpg

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 02:56 PM  
laurajhawk

Hi Beth -- I have, oh, about ten pairs of Earth shoes. I try not to wear anything else! So you can tell I like them. I can stand all day in them, and I also love them for walking. -- One reason I have so many, though, is because occasionally it makes my knees feel tweaky when I go back and forth between Earth shoes and regular shoes. (My knees are a little tweaky anyhow. ) So I've decided to eliminate that problem by wearing only Earth! I don't have the style you're looking at but I like 'em.

My feet are squarely between size 6-1/2 and size 7. I never know how shoes will fit till I try them. I've discovered that Earth size 6-1/2 fits me very well.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 04:26 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

I really like my Earth shoes, but I do switch back and forth with no problems. I have 4 pair, 2 pairs of sandals and 2 pairs of flats for work. I love the style you're thinking of getting!

I wear a size 8 1/2, and my feet are moderately wide. The Earth shoes fit me true to size.

Wearing them seems to have helped my knees. I'm not sure if it's the shoes or the glucosamine I've been taking or both!
Old 05-27-08, 07:55 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks for the feedback, Laura and Mary! I'm not really thinking about purchasing them because I have any physical problems; I just liked the style and thought anything else would be a nice bonus. I appreciate your sizing info as well...I'm leaning towards getting these...I'm mainly looking for a kind of winter sneaker, something that would take me between seasons.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-28-08, 11:15 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Just thought I'd add that I was also looking at these Clarks:

http://www.6pm.com/images/725/7259146/4974-294422-p.jpg

I think the Earth ones are cuter, although I do like how the lace on the Clarks is a drawstring rather than a normal tie.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-28-08, 04:47 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I have about 8 pairs of Earth shoes so far. They take a bit of getting used to at first (at least they did for me), but I love them!

Sizing is not consistant, IMO. In two styles I have, I take my normal size. Other styles, I have to go up 1/2 size. For my walking shoes (Used to use Energetics, now have Rockets), I go up a full size.

It's kind of a pain when buying a new style, but to figure out the right size for my walking shoes, I ordered 2 different sizes, then returned the size that didn't work out (only doable if you have the extra money to shell out!).

As for the claims that they help reduce cellulite and firm the back end: I haven't seen any proof of it.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-08, 08:48 PM  
Lauracat
VF Supporter

I found the regular Earth shoes a bit heavy and inflexible, but like the new Kalso-Lite styles of theirs, which are much lighter and softer. They've been true to size for me (another 8.5 here) and are especially roomy in the toes, which is much appreciated!
Lauracat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-08, 08:51 PM  
lissalaurel76

I own something like 4 or 5 pairs of earth shoes. For me the sizing is inconsistent. I wear a size 10 usually in shoes, but for some of the earth shoes sandals I've had to buy an 11, others a 10.5 and others a 10.
LOVE them, though. Very comfy. I just have to be sure to try them on before purchasing.
Old 05-28-08, 09:00 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Laura, interesting that you mention about the shoes being roomy in the toes; the reviews of the style I'm looking at on Zappos.com specifically stated that they seemed narrow in the toe area, which concerned me somewhat.

Hmm, Kathryn and Melissa, that's too bad that the sizing has been inconsistent for you--I was thinking about ordering online. I guess I'll have to check about the return policy, but virtually every pair of shoes in my closet is a size 8.5.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-28-08, 10:16 PM  
Lauracat
VF Supporter

Beth, the Earth shoes I have are so roomy in the toes that I looked out of curiosity at the Zappos Earth Racer reviews you mentioned. The last review actually says: "If you have narrow feet and cannot wear the Earth Lazer because it is so wide...this would work out great."

So, that explains it, because I have the Earth Lazer! The Lazer isn't the most gorgeous shoe, because it kind of balloons out at the top, but my toes are happy . I don't have especially wide feet, but they're rectangular, so tapered shoes always feel cramped. I guess the Earth styles really vary.
Lauracat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
earth shoes, easy spirit shoes