Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-25-21, 07:30 PM  
bfit

Where To Find Plain Old Sweatpants?

I am trying and trying to find a pair of plain old fleece sweatpants to replace the pair I've had for 20 years and worn out over the past year during the pandemic. The ones I have are "Hind" brand, black, with an elastic waist plus a drawstring and elastic around the bottoms of the legs. They are very soft and warm. I've ordered two different pairs of pants (one from Hanes and one from Amazon) that I've returned because they are shiny polyester that is not soft, and they were more like regular pants than athletic pants. Does anyone make anything like sweatpants anymore?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 07:39 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Iam pretty sure we have them at Walmart. Don’t forget to check the men’s section. You might have better luck there.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 07:48 PM  
bubbles76

Yes, the "And 1" WalMart brand is good. Five pockets!! There is another brand at Kohl's, I can't remember. But both are in the men's section. I don't even bother going to the women's section anymore for sweat pants. Most don't have pockets and are tighter than I'm comfortable.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 08:53 PM  
edensmom

Another vote for the men's section at Walmart. I get the Hanes ones and they are super cute and flattering.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 08:53 PM  
Gams

I’ve gotten regular sweats at Dollar General.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 09:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

Timely thread..I'm tired of playing referee over a pair of grey Nike sweatpants among household members.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 11:21 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I don't know about "plain old sweatpants" but the ones I grab all the time to workout in (that are the most comfortable) are men's PJ bottoms that I bought at Target years ago! They were about $9, with pockets, drawstring, very lightweight material, and no fly! Now, if I belonged to a gym or took classes at a dance or yoga studio, I would not wear these out in public. But, just to workout at home in, they are my favorite! Or, to take out the garbage in, they're just fine. Ha, if that's not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is?!

I hate heavy material, or workout clothes that are too tight. And, these were just right. Came in traditional solid colors of grey, navy, and black.

I haven't seen them in the stores anymore, otherwise I'd have bought a dozen more. And, no one would know these were men's, since there is no fly! I bet I've had them at least a dozen years, or maybe more?

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 11:57 PM  
fatkat555

I’ve found mine in the men’s section of Academy Sports.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 12:10 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Gap, Old Navy, Champs, Nordstrom, Victoria's Secret and American Eagle have them in addition to what's been suggested (Walmart, Target), but they're not called "sweat pants." read on.

they've changed the name. they're called "fleece joggers," but "joggers" can also be sewn with twill or denim, and have elastic in the ankles, and are suitable to be worn to the movies or shopping - i.e., casual wear.

sometimes, "yoga pants" if made with stretch fleece, could also be "sweat pants."

it's all symantics.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 06:25 AM  
buffmama

For smaller sizes I love the children's section they tend to have what you're looking for - Target, Old Navy (look at the uniform sweats). Keep in mind that with kids getting bigger these days the kid sizes are also getting bigger.

Tags
pants, sweatpants