Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-11-21, 05:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i saw the PiYo commercial last week and wanted to pull mine out too. the testifiers are around my age and very convincing. call me a blind sheep.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 06:18 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Jeannine, LOL - at least you are not running off to buy it from BB! I am not crazy about a lot of it, but I do like Strength (which is actually a good little cardio routine) and the upper/lower workouts.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 07:57 PM  
edensmom

I actually had it before and I liked it but not enough to justify the price. For 4 bucks it's definitely a great deal.

$1.99 is even better!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 10:50 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
ok, i picked up the green genies. got them and a music CD for $5.24 net of discount.

i can tell that the green genies are filled with sand, and not as soft as one of my Walmart weighted balls. the surface "gives" when you press it and you can feel the sand moving around. if it came with an owner's manual, it's missing from the box. this will definitely motivate me to use my old Karen videos.

i've been reading that Tracie Long's Reboot workout uses small medicine balls like these. if anyone can chime in about Tracie's video, please do.
I have the green genies that I purchased from Karen so long ago. I still use them. One for Bernadette Giorgi’s Power Ball Sculpt Pilates and the other as a door stop....LOL. I’m trying to remember how old they are. I remember coming home one day and finding them in the pool. My husband gave them to my nephew to play with. I was horrified. That nephew is now 25 and plays baseball professionally. Time sure flies.

Not a thrift store find but I recently went through a box at my mother’s house and she had the 20th anniversary box set (5 discs) of Sweating to the Oldies still in shrink wrap. I took them home but am not sure what I’m going to do with them.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

That's an interesting find Tracy!

I picked up three Gin Miller vhs step workouts, all Reebok: The Step, Power Step and Aerostep. Also a Petra Kolber vhs Versa training Hi Low.

My Aerostep died and the other three I have never owned. They are all in excellent condition and must have come from a loving home.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 08:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

the local library finally had the sense to re-open their used books/DVDs for purchase to benefit their "Friends of the Library" group.

saw a bunch of leslie's and older beachbody, all for $2 per set or DVD:

Hip Hop Abs - Shaun T.
Slim in Six original, with shorter Start It Up - Debbie Siebers
Keep It Up - Debbie Siebers
Leslie WATP Express 3 mile
*Leslie WATP original, 3 on 1 DVD
Leslie Walk Weight Loss Bootcamp
Leslie Walk Strong

*picked this up because i have the 2-disc set and this would take up less space.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 03-16-21, 11:36 PM  
Vantreesta

More workouts this wknd that I didn't have!

Crunch Cardio Salsa (to replace my VHS)
Reebok StayBall Core Workout
Maintenance Pilates for Weight Loss
Total Body Challenge Pilates
Spartacus Workout: Total Body Blitz
Spartacus Workout: Triple-Set Scorcher
Spartacus Workout: Ab Attack
Schwinn Cycling Workout
Spinervals 33.0 The Pain Cave
BeyondBarre Home Study (not sure if this is a follow-along workout or not, based on the title, but description said "for this workout you will need:")
Homefit The Gift of Yoga
Tae Bo Fat Blasting Cardio
Tae Bo Total Body Fat Blaster
Winsor Pilates 3 DVD Set: Basics Step-by-step; 20 Minute Workout; Accelerated Body Sculpting (I have these but think they're on VHS, possibly duplicate)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-21, 02:52 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

bravo Vantreesta!

Old 03-17-21, 07:36 AM  
fanofladyvols

VantreestaYou picked up some of my FAVES
(Crunch cardio salsa, Spartacus and Winsor 3 dvd set)

Jeannine the area libraries aren't mentioning big sales yet but they have been doing individual sales in meeting rooms in the smaller libraries. They still aren't accepting donations though which I find puzzling since they manage to quarantine rented material.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-21, 09:47 PM  
Vantreesta

I did Cardio Salsa today and it was as fun as I remembered. I swear one of the background exercisers was Monica from TurboFire but I forgot to check at the end. I'll have to check tmrw before I take the disc out of the player. The workout is so old it seems unlikely it would be her but man she looks like her!

So now I can take the VHS to the thrift store but I find myself nostalgic and wanting to keep it! Silly, I know.

ETA: I was right, it was Monica Gray! That must be why she seemed a little familiar when I got TurboFire!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds