Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-21, 01:02 PM  
Sollamyn

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Oh heck, in the true fashion of a vidiot, why not get both?

Carol
Old 01-06-21, 01:42 PM  
alisoncooks

Goodness, no sooner than Amazon gets those two new releases, then they go out of stock. I stumbled on a preorder a while back, placed and received my order. Then when I went online to check something, I noticed that they were already listed as unavailable. Perhaps she's only listing them as she gets them in small batches? Idk. It's fairly unusual.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 02:41 PM  
Leonana

Here is the update from the Jessica Smith FB group. One of the admins spoke to Jessica.

Quote:
**LIFT & SHIFT ADMIN UPDATE**

Myself, along with many others here are anxiously awaiting news and updates on Jessica's new 12-week program. I chatted with her briefly this week in order to get more information to pass along, regarding both this, and Amazon's inventory on her new DVD releases that have been out of stock. Here is what I can relay;

1) Due to Covid, Amazon has been having delays in updating inventory of hard copy DVDs of the new Simply Stretch and Gentle Yoga + Pilates DVD. Amazon has been provided additional copies, and Jessica hopes that they will have an updated inventory with the availability to purchase these by the end of this week. Additional delays unfortunately are out of her control. These two new releases are available IMMEDIATLY via digital download on her site.

2) The new "Lift & Shift" 12-week program is in the final stages of production/editing. Again, due to Covid, there have been some delays in the final edits in order to make this program available, both for Jessica's final review, and subsequently the release to us. At this time, unfortunately due to these unforeseen road-blocks, there is no set date for release, however as soon as more information becomes available, Jessica has ensured me she will be letting us know. As for if this is to be released on DVD or digital only, I do not have further information. My suspicion is, with the sheer number of workouts to make a 12-week program, and the amount of money to mass produce the DVDs, materials etc. that this may be a digital only release. Hopefully we will know more on this soon.

Please understand that Covid has made the last several months tremendously hard for all of us. There are so many things beyond our control, but what we can control is our outlook, attitude and energy. Jessica has provided us with a tremendous wealth of free YouTube content, DVD programs, and schedules, many of which can be found in the group files of this page. Once the new program releases, it will be all that much sweeter. <3
Old 01-06-21, 03:10 PM  
suzanne63

Thank You.Well,this is really not what I wanted to hear.I really do not want these digital unless I can convert them to DVD somehow as back up. Can I do that? I do not always have my computer internet.Do you need internet for digital to workout from my desk top computer screen from my computer? I really hope we find out if these are DVD or not very soon.I very very sadly might not get this and I was so happy and excited to get these. hopefully we will hear from Jessica soon if these will be DVD.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 03:14 PM  
Leonana

We don’t know yet if it will be digital only, as Jessica didn’t say. The admin of the group suspected they might be because of the 12 week time frame. We also don’t know yet if they can be downloaded, if they are digital. I can’t remember, can you download her workouts in Purple Player?
Old 01-06-21, 03:25 PM  
sillygirl

Every time this thread updates I'm always hoping someone found new information. Thank you, Sherry!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 03:57 PM  
suzanne63

I just hope Jessica will please say if this is DVD soon and more information about these and please update us.
Old 01-06-21, 04:29 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

So just guessing here....

Walk Strong 3 was an eight week program with six DVDs in the set. Since Gentle Yoga plus Pilates and Simply Stretch were just released, perhaps there wouldn't be a need for more than six DVDs with Lift and Shift? At the most, maybe eight DVDs?

I'm still holding out hope for DVD releases, too! I'm old fashioned and don't subscribe to any digital or streaming services.

Again, just thinking out loud.

Also, since Amazon is Jessica's DVD vendor of choice, my guess again would be that not every buyer follows her YouTube workouts. Some people who are not normally home exercisers (like us) may stumble onto her workouts because they are consistently bestsellers.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 04:38 PM  
suzanne63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
So just guessing here....

Walk Strong 3 was an eight week program with six DVDs in the set. Since Gentle Yoga plus Pilates and Simply Stretch were just released, perhaps there wouldn't be a need for more than six DVDs with Lift and Shift? At the most, maybe eight DVDs?

I'm still holding out hope for DVD releases, too! I'm old fashioned and don't subscribe to any digital or streaming services.

Again, just thinking out loud.

Also, since Amazon is Jessica's DVD vendor of choice, my guess again would be that not every buyer follows her YouTube workouts. Some people who are not normally home exercisers (like us) may stumble onto her workouts because they are consistently bestsellers.
I agree. I am hoping this for DVDs too and in Walk strong 3 one of her DVDs has 5 I believe had 15 minute workouts on one DVD. I believe it can be done.She also did walk strong 2 on 4 different DVD's the 4th I believe was the Yoga one which did not say Walk Strong. So I pray she does something like these on DVDs. or a a package like Walk strong 3.
Old 01-06-21, 04:48 PM  
Leonana

I’ll buy it in whatever form it comes in, but I hope there are dvds for those who want them. But as to when we get it, even Jessica herself doesn’t know. I can imagine she’s stressed about it. Covid has really affected everything.

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith streaming, jessica smith stretching, jessica smith workouts, lift and shift, new releases, upcoming releases