Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-01-20, 08:42 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I just do not like this season with the pandemic.
We are living it and I watch tv to escape.
I don't see how shows cannot relect 2020's reality, at least ones like This Is Us. I don't think they would ring true if they didn't.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 08:52 AM  
Carol K

I was actually surprised to see kissing and other lack of social distancing on This Is Us, because on daytime soaps (where they are not writing in the pandemic), married couples sit on opposite sides of the couch and when they first came back in the summer, it was kind of hard to watch without laughing. Although I'm actually enjoying the stories more, because it's not all "love in the afternoon". But anyway I'm just going to trust that the producers on every show know what they are doing and I'm not going to let it distract me from enjoying the show. I enjoy both realism and fantasy. It's the writing and characters that are important.
Old 11-01-20, 09:06 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I don't see how shows cannot relect 2020's reality, at least ones like This Is Us. I don't think they would ring true if they didn't.
thing is much of their storyline involves events in the future,
a future without Covid19 so they will have to rewrite much of their previous clips.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 03:56 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
It would be interesting if Randall finally met his biological mother after all this time.
Yes...but IMHO it would also feel a little hokey. I mean, really? ANOTHER "wow I found my biological parent" plot? Hard to believe she wouldn't have gone looking for her boyfriend and son at some point. But who knows.
Old 11-01-20, 04:02 PM  
Carol K

I think she would have gone looking for them. Maybe we'll find out why she didn't find them or that she did find them and decided they would both be better off without her. Or that Rebecca found her and told her to stay away. There are a myriad possibilities.
Old 11-01-20, 04:04 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
Yes...but IMHO it would also feel a little hokey. I mean, really? ANOTHER "wow I found my biological parent" plot? Hard to believe she wouldn't have gone looking for her boyfriend and son at some point. But who knows.
I agree! They only have 34 episodes of the series left. I would rather spend more time on other plotlines. I love the timeframe with Jack alive and I feel like there is a lot more to Kate's story we do not know yet. We are supposed to see Rebecca and Miguel's backstory as well.

No offense to Randall, but I want to learn about other characters also. Why haven't Toby"s parents ever been shown with their only grandchild? I hope we get to see more of Nicky also.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 04:23 PM  
Carol K

I still think that Kate dies before Rebecca. I can't think of any other reason why Toby would be at multiple family gatherings where Kate isn't, even if they got a divorce.
Old 11-01-20, 05:34 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I still think that Kate dies before Rebecca. I can't think of any other reason why Toby would be at multiple family gatherings where Kate isn't, even if they got a divorce.
I think they are trying to throw us off somehow, but you can never tell with the writers of this show.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 05:56 PM  
acey

last night's ep (spoilers)

So interesting to see the introduction of Randall's mother's former boyfriend and his granddaughter. Maybe Randall someday encounters them?

It's nice to see Kevin and Madison open up about their similar and respective addictions. But a lot of viewers were like, "Ah, now Kevin can be totally honest about his weaknesses; they're a great couple!" I'm not so sure. Sophie and Zoe seemed pretty tolerant of his weaknesses. It seems to me he also has a bit of a sex addiction. How will that play out when the pandemic ends?

I do appreciate the "are we really falling in love or are we making the best of the fact that we can't be intimate with anyone else right now" context - I'm going through something like that myself (without the added bond of expected children, though).

It's never been clear to me what Kate ever did for a living. Basically just be supported by Kevin, and now Toby?

Grounding Tess and taking her phone for SIX weeks?? Seems a little harsh. Although I suppose in a pandemic, it's not quite as much of a blow to be stuck at home (but then, depriving someone of their phone DURING a pandemic, maybe more of a blow)
Old 11-11-20, 06:32 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I just googled Kate and found out she was Kevin's personal assistant. He fired her in Season One so she could have her own life. It's been hinted that she's been a personal assistant to unknown "others."

It's also been hinted that Toby works in IT, either at his own company or for someone else.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite tv shows, this is us