Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-13, 12:21 PM  
IvysMom

High impact sports bra?

Posted this over in the clothing forum, but thought more people might see it over here. I need a recommendation for a high impact sports bra, but not the uni-boob type, since I'm not small chested at 34D. Does such a thing exist or am I wishfully thinking?
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 12:24 PM  
lila_says

Shock Absorber makes really good sports bras for bustier women
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 01:36 PM  
kmissa

Moving comfort Fiona or Juno bra
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 11:19 PM  
slysam

I wear quite a large cup size--32F or G depending on the brand. I also like high impact dance, jump roping, ploys, etc. The sports bras I found so far that work for me:
*Freya Active-- This is my favorite, it is underwire though, it looks really good under clothes so sometimes I wear it as a regular bra. This is the first sports bra that I've liked with normal clothing. http://www.amazon.com/Freya-Maximum-...eya+sports+bra

*I just bought this one on sale in a local shop and it also supportive and it looks nice under t-shirts--it gives a very smooth line like a t-shirt bra. It is also underwire, I know that is a deal breaker for some people. It is Le Mystere Womens Energie Freestyle Sport Bra. http://www.amazon.com/Le-Mystere-Wom...+mystere+sport

*Shock Absorber -- I have one of these that is nice, I also have one that offers very little support. The low support one said it was for yoga, weight lifting, pilates, etc. It is comfie--but I don't exercise in it I only wear it as a lounge bra. The supportive one said something like "level 4" high impact. It is very covering and shows under many v-neck or tank tops.http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Absorber...ref=pd_sim_a_6

I have noticed for larger cups sizes with smaller back/rib sizes the UK brands do really well. So Freya, Fantasy, Shock Absorber, Triumph, and others I can't think of. But the sizing is slightly different so you probably want to try them on if you are unfamiliar--the cup size is either a size smaller or bigger--I forget which.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 11:33 PM  
PrairieGem

Goddess. (I'm a 34DD. I always wear a bra top over it; although I didn't when running a 5K recently, and the support was fine then, too.)
Old 07-07-13, 07:22 AM  
lilmonkey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
Shock Absorber makes really good sports bras for bustier women
I was just browsing this brand on Zappos last night--I was really excited that they sell bra sized workout bras! (vs. S,M,L,XL) I have a pretty big cup size and most generically sized workout bras do nothing for me. When I have a little extra cash I'm going to buy a Shock Absorber. I don't really need one right now because I'm mainly just walking outside but when fall comes I'll go back to my DVDs and will need one then.

I've also had my eye on the Freya bra that was linked above.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 07:59 AM  
mabyrd1

I usually wear 2 shorts bra, which really works for me (I am size 34/D). I do some high impact too!!

Jeannie
mabyrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 05:45 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Not large-chested here, but I'd like to put a plug in for buying clothes on zappos. Their prices are usually higher but the fast & free shipping and returns can make it worthwhile. It's also easy to sort by type, size and brand.

I'm a 36B and can get away with buying L or XL uniboob/pancake flattening bras at target & kohl's (I guess I must have a large ribcage). However, I do buy some of my workout pants/tops (patagonia, moving comfort, ryka, nike) and casual wear on zappos.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 04:40 AM  
Hej

This may be a "uniboob" bra (I'm not sure what that is) BUT it is the best sports bra I've ever tried! I'm a 36 DD/E.

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Fiona/3...efault,pd.html

I have had the worst luck with Shock Absorber, perhaps because I'm short and they seem cut for much taller people. For whatever reason, I've found several of their highest impact bras less supportive than the plain, old, ordinary Wonderbra style I wear every day. Useless for high impact, anyway.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 05:47 AM  
PamZee

Title Nine Sports has a great selection of sports bras. They rate them according to support. www.titlenine.com. My favorites are what they call the "Last Resort" (Enell) and the "Seven Wonders" (Moving Comfort).
PamZee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bra, sports bra