Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-27-21, 06:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jules good to see you! Glad you're busy but we'll! You're killing it! I must have missed a post bc I didn't realize you were moving.

Malinda that's money well spent!

Kim Christi is your happy place, isn't she? Thanks for the review on RWH legs...I think it's climbed to the top of my 'need free shipping on Cathe's presale" list.

Kate are you planning on teaching yoga?

I am embarking on my version of Cathe's April 2021 Rock bottoms rotation. I'm keeping kettlebells in as often as I can. Today was a kettlebell lower body and Day 9 of the PPS challenge. I will do a yoga zone later.

Happy Tuesday!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 04:05 PM  
Malinda

I keep thinking today is Thursday, so I almost said Happy Thursday! Oh, well...

I see all the FitChicks are keeping fit as usual!

I sort of lost my mojo after last week's shot. I've kept up with workouts but feel like it's been a half-hearted effort. I've not kept up with the P/P/S Challenge and that disappoints me because I was really seeing some progress, after only 5 days.

Catching up on workouts:

Last Thurs - RWH Low Impact HIIT 1 - Loved it! It was perfect for a mid-energy day. My legs were sore after this one!
Friday - RWH Chest, Triceps & Shoulders - another winner!
Saturday - P/P/S Challenge Day 6 + 21 Day Fix Cardio Fix.
Sunday - Turbo Jam Cardio Party Live
Monday - RWH Back, Biceps & Shoulders - I was late for a Zoom call so I had to quit before we got to biceps. I threw in a few pull-ups during the back section. The workout room was littered with toys after this workout! Bands, bench, barbell, dumbbells... whoo!
Tuesday - RWH Low Impact HIIT 2 - This one is also good, but I like the first one better. I think I'm going to go on the Workout Blender and join the workout portions from 1 and 2 together to make one workout.
Today - Breathless Body with DH

We were both sucking wind again with BB today. I don't know if it's the humidity, or maybe lingering effects from the vaccine?

I plan to do the RWH Upper Body Circuit tomorrow - I am really looking forward to it!

Y'all have a great evening!
Old 04-28-21, 06:36 PM  
Jules

Happy Hump Day! I haven't been doing formal workouts - just a whole lot of cleaning. Appraisal went well this morning and now I can get back on my regular exercise schedule.

Linda: We are not moving, just refinancing our home since we locked in at a great rate.

Malinda: I love RWH Upper Body Circuit! It is really a whole body circuit - you'll see.

Kim: It felt so good to get rid of stuff we don't need any more. Still have more to give away, but I feel like we accomplished a lot!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 06:56 PM  
fanofladyvols

Malinda just pick up where you left off once your energy returns. And yes, everyone's different but I do think that's leftover vax effects.

Jules ohhh well whew getting rid of clutter is great! I love reclaiming an uncluttered space. Makes you feel like you gave yourself a new house!

Today I did Cathe Perfect pump premix that had the upper plus upper bonus. I followed up with PPS challenge Day #10 some get up practice and mobility. I will do CS later.

I have to say the warmup wasn't my fav but boy ... I got to use all sorts of weights and two bands! Fun, fun workout! When I do it again I will do a different warmup. Oh, I had to mute the music..blech! So glad she offers that option!

Hugs to Kim and Kate!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-29-21, 10:02 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Dang...the days are flying by.

Linda: I don't know if I'll teach but I just wanted to take this training to see what my own practice is missing.

Wow!! How did the days get away from me?

Just a quick post as I am swamped at work. I'm working through P90X this week and probably next too.

Mon: P90x Back & Biceps. Still feeling it 3 days later.
Yoga: PowerYoga Mike Nader Dynamic Core

Tues: P90x Plyometrics. One of my favs out of this set. So fun!
Yoga: PY Mike Spinal Lengthening

Wed: P90x Chest, Shoul & Tri. I was still feeling Monday's workout but this helped get things moving.
Self Led Practice 35 min. (Part of my PYTT is to do one self led class a week.)

Today: P90x Legs & Back. I actually skipped the back work and focused on the legs instead. Yow!

I'll be back soo. Hope everyone is well.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 11:17 AM  
Malinda

Okay, now I can say Happy Thursday!

You ladies sure steered me in the right direction with RWH. I LOVED Upper Body Circuit! And yes, Jules, I see what you mean - it really is total body.

Kate - Have fun with your training! I hope things settle down at work for you soon.

Jules - I love getting rid of stuff. We used to have a rule on weekend days that we could not have cocktails until we each got rid of two things! It was quite the motivator.

Linda - My workout room always looks like a bomb went off after a Cathe weight workout -- stuff everywhere!

Kim - I saw the preview of RWH Lift it Hiit it Legs this morning, and it looks like another 100% winner for me. I think DH will like it, too.

One of my dear friends is getting married on Saturday and her bachelorette party is a slumber party tonight. That's not really my thing, but I'm doing it for her. The bachelorette is 65, and I'm the youngest friend at 57, so I'm hoping it won't be too wild. I have to get up early and come home tomorrow because I have a ton of deadlines at work.

Tomorrow's Friday, y'all! Woot!
Old 04-29-21, 11:31 AM  
Mickey12

Well, Malinda that sounds like the funnest thing ever - a bachelorette party for a 65 year old! Ha! I would never have conceived such a thing. I guess I'm just an old fuddy duddy at 56 years old. I hope you have fun.
Old 04-29-21, 09:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

Malinda I really don't even know what to say about your bachelorette evening...how about.."Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" That works no matter what age.. right?

Kate I remember trying p90x years ago and not liking how hard it was.

Jules hope life is normal again for you!

Kim I actually enjoyed a workout today that had jumping. I do jump but generally shy away from doing much but my knees seemed to be ok with this one. But I thought of you and said to myself, "Kim would like this jumping part !"

Today was Tracie Long Power up and Stephanie steele knockout workout aerobic challenge. Had to follow Tracie's fun work out with some punching! Doing some yoga in a bit.

Happy FriYay y'all!!

Old 04-30-21, 06:37 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Malinda I really don't even know what to say about your bachelorette evening...how about.."Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" That works no matter what age.. right?

Kate I remember trying p90x years ago and not liking how hard it was.

Jules hope life is normal again for you!

Kim I actually enjoyed a workout today that had jumping. I do jump but generally shy away from doing much but my knees seemed to be ok with this one. But I thought of you and said to myself, "Kim would like this jumping part !"

Today was Tracie Long Power up and Stephanie steele knockout workout aerobic challenge. Had to follow Tracie's fun work out with some punching! Doing some yoga in a bit.

Happy FriYay y'all!!
Thanks for thinking of me Linda. You're sweet and you made me smile. Yes, I love my jumping. I just can't do it every day of the week. I have to space it out.
Old 04-30-21, 06:27 PM  
Jules

Fri-Yay!

I have been working out again. Yesterday I did Cathe's Low Impact Circuit (my go-to workout when I am easing back into it). I also took the dog for a walk. Today I did Cathe's Travel Fit and Yoga 30 for 30: Gentle.

While I was doing Travel Fit, my green medium-resistance band snapped in half. I saw a little tear in it a couple of weeks ago so I wasn't totally surprised. Luckily I have a back-up medium band from the Fit Tower set. I wish Cathe still sold these bands, but it looks like she only sells the Firewalker loops.

I have been looking at Cathe's Boss Bands & Loops pre-sale and will probably cave, but I am a little bummed that shipping is not free this time. It seems pretty pricey, but if the bands are high quality then I guess it will be worth it, especially now that some of my old bands are getting worn out.

Are you ladies planning to pre-order?
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote