Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-16-21, 11:49 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinda View Post
Jules - Yay on getting your first shot! Any side effects? Way to go, getting those workouts in ahead of time just in case!

Kate - I'm glad you didn't have any side effects from your shot. I hope you have a less busy week!

Linda - That's nice that your daughter worked out with you. Does she do so often?

Kim - I'm glad that planning a get-away helps you feel a little better - We're planning a work-cation at the end of the month.

Texas opened the vaccines to everyone ages 50-64 today, so I spent most of the morning frantically trying to find appointments for us, without success. I finally had to take a step back and just trust that one of the many places where we are on waiting lists will call us soon for an appointment. I was getting a bit obsessed about it.

Workouts:

Thurs - MBFA Da 10 Upper Body
Fri - MBFA Day 11 Core Circuit
Sat - Core de Force MMA Shred
Sun - MBFA Day 12 Total Body
Mon - MBFA Day 13 Power Ignite

I got a bee in my bonnet this weekend about P90X2 -- I read a lot of reviews, previewed one of the workouts, and am considering trying a rotation of it next. I saw some familiar names in the old threads about it, and y'all seemed to like it. I start the last week of MBFA tomorrow.
Malinda I did almost a complete rotation of P90X2 when it came out. I hate rotations, so I didn't finish the last 2 weeks or so, but that's me, that's not anything against the program. It's different because it has a lot of balance and functional training work. I liked it. I don't think it did as well as they had hoped because I recall Beach Body had huge sales on the equipment that went with the program. Definitely give it a try!
Old 03-16-21, 12:04 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! Happy to report I did not have any side effects from my first shot other than a very sore arm for a day or two.

Saturday: Cathe's Intensity Series Boot Camp + Walked the dog
Sunday: Flexibility & Beyond: Hips
Monday: BodyCombat 66
Today: Ripped with HiiT: Circuit Upper Body + Travis Short & Sweet #2

I might do a little spinning after work today, although I am kind of tired from the time change. Will decide when I get home!

Kim: I don't subscribe to Inner Dimensions but I think Kate does? If I didn't already own a lot of Travis' library I would definitely take advantage of the great deal.

Hope everyone is able to get vaccinated soon! It is like the Hunger Games out there trying to score an appointment.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 07:12 PM  
fanofladyvols

Malinda my daughter don't have the same workout schedule but when it works she will join me. Her favorite thing to do with me is lift weights but sometimes she will just hop over and so a little mobility with me. ALWAYS more fun with her. I never clicked with p90x so I never ventured into the iterations.

Kim I like some yoga...but not much. Did you get the subscription?

Jules I'm glad your side effects so far are mild. Great workouts!!

Kate you bought the LITE workouts the way I did the Xtrain ones..one workout led to another

Yesterday was kettlebutt challenge and get up practice. I may or may not continue with it. It wasn't as fun as the other challenges because it wasn't follow along so far. Also I really enjoyed the focus on one skill. So I may just carry on with the get up practice only. Today was more get up practice and lots of Kettlebell strength. I will add some mobility before bed.

Waves to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-21, 10:44 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey friends...apologies again for being MIA. I am still working out but have some stuff going on at home so just tending to that. No worries...my hubby has bad PTSD and sometimes covid gets the best of him.

Kim: I'm pretty excited. My oldest son with heart issues gets his first shot today. My younger brother gets his (in VA) tomorrow. It just makes me feel some relief. I know the shots are not for everyone, but I'm willing to take the chance.

Malinda: Try calling every pharmacy in your area to see if they have an "overflow" list for unclaimed vaccine appointments. I don't know if you have Thrifty White Drug or CVS in TX but that's where I found some openings.
P90x2 is great but then I love Tony. However I have never done a "proper" rotation...I usually just do my own thing.

Jules: Great workouts!!! We are both big Combat fans!! My arms was sore for a day so I just did a cardio workout that day.

Linda: I must say I really started liking the LITE workouts. Much better than ICE and I can still amp it up if I want to.

This week still more MetaShred and Cathe.
Monday: MetaShred Extreme MetaCardio Upper. Not really cardio, more metabolic because of slightly faster rep speed and lighter weights plus lots of band work. Yow bands can burn!!!
Missed my Mon yoga but still meditating EVERY day!

Tues: Cathe LITE Revd up Rumble Mix 7. That was kind of fun!! This mix includes the full workout, the cardio blast, core and extended stretch. I used my 3lb gloves for all the main workout and took off for the rest. The cardio boost/blast/whatever she calls it was higher impact and lots of fun.
Yoga was PowerYoga.com Bryan's Tension Buster. Ahhh.

Today was MetaShred Extreme MetaCardio Lower +Massage. First time I did the MetaMassage. Uses this funny little ball/peanut and it felt good. Can't believe I've never done it. In fact I just always skipped all the MetaREcovery workouts.
Again, not really cardio but increased HR anyway due to leg work and pace. Lots of unweighted stuff, then weighted, then back to bodyweight. Butt burner!

Yoga pending...haven't decided what to do yet.

Take care all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-21, 04:19 PM  
Malinda

Hi everyone!

Jules - I'm so glad you aren't having any side effects! LOL on your Hunger Games comment - so true!

Kim - I think I saw some of your comments maybe on the old threads. Seems a lot of people were expecting X2 to be like X and were disappointed. It looks great to me -- I've never done P90X.

Kate - your workouts continue to amaze me! I'm very happy that your son is getting his shot today.

Linda - How old is your daughter?

The time change has me discombobulated this year for some reason. BUT! I was able to get DH and I appointments at a CVS out of town for Sunday. Woot! We live in a county with a very small population and no public health department, so we haven't gotten very many vaccines locally. We were on waiting lists all over the Austin area, which is huge, but so were a bajillion other people. CVS has a very nice online format and once I figured out how to use it, I got up early this morning and was able to get us scheduled. It's a two-hour drive each way, but we're looking at it as a nice Sunday drive.

Workouts:
Tuesday I woke up with a UTI so I did Yoga with Adrienne - Yoga for the Pelvic Floor
Today I still feel a little droopy so I went for a 5 mile walk

I'll get to my last week of MBFA as soon as I start to feel better -- hopefully soon!

Thanks for everyone's thoughts on P90X2. I'm still contemplating.
Old 03-18-21, 07:03 AM  
Mickey12

Just a quick post - Linda you changed your avatar! OMG, you had the other one forever! Look at you, in your orange and blue lifting that heavy bell! OMG, you're so cute!

Malinda great news on getting scheduled for the vaccines! YEAH!!!!!
Old 03-18-21, 11:57 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Linda: love your new avatar! Cute.

Malinda: woohoo on you guys getting your shots too. My brother in VA gets his today. Now just have to wait for my youngest son and his wife and my 3 step kids.

Fun stuff today girls. Jules had me rethink my workout today - I pulled out Body Combat 44. I love this one! Old (12 years) but tons of fun. There is a leg toning chapter where you do very slow controlled kicks. Some capoeira and good Muay Thai.

Yesterday's Yoga was from Udaya..Emily Clare Hill and Experience It All. Some challenge, lots of chill.

Not sure what today. Still leaning towards more on Udaya.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-21, 07:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

kim and others ..Haha, re: avatar thanks. It was fun to do.

Malinda hope you enjoy your Sunday drive!

Kate capoeira is fun! My dance DVD that Nelly G gave me has some.

I did kettlebell strength along with more TGU practice and did some warmups from Lauren's sexy strength and incinerator.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 12:03 PM  
Jules

Last day of school before SPRING BREAK! We are not going anywhere - my daughter has track & field practice all next week. Just kicking' it at home.

Wed: Xtrain Legs + Level Up Upper Body Yin + Les Mills The Trip
Th: To the Max + Travis Short & Sweet #1
Today: RWH Upper Body Circuit + Flexibility & Beyond S&S

Linda: Awesome avi and "Keeping up with the Kettlebells"

Kate: So happy your family is getting vaccinated. We are finally able to look forward to getting everyone back together soon!

Malinda: Enjoy your Sunday drive! I also have to drive to another town to get my shot. My best friend also did so and made a whole day of it. She took her boys to a couple of museums, LOL. Hope your UTI is better - hate those.

Kim: Did you subscribe to ID?
Old 03-22-21, 03:47 PM  
Jules

Woke up this morning to snow. Typical spring break in Montana, LOL. My daughter had track & field practice outside and she was freezing. I told her to bring some hand warmers tomorrow.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I am doing Cathe's Ripped with HiiT/Xtrain Rotation from the RWH user guide. I am adding in yoga and some extra spin sessions. I am also subbing out Cathe's kickbox with BodyCombat. I am only a week in, but I'm really enjoying this rotation so far.

Yesterday I did RWH Low Impact HiiT One plus Bonus Abs One. This was a pretty easy workout for me - I didn't go anaerobic at all. It was nice to have a lower key day. Loved the ab work! I followed up with UY Detox.

Today I did Lift It Hit It Legs. LOVE the contrast training in this one. It reminds me of Plyo Legs from STS but with no step. For Yoga I did Travis Short & Sweet #3. I wanted to try his "Bend Don't Break" routine, but I did not have time. Maybe tomorrow.